Making A Cbr 150s Seat Comfy

JimsKnight

Now I know the CBR 150 isn't the worst bike seat, but for long rides it does become a pain in the ass after 3 hours or so.

So, has anyone attempted or fitted padding or the like to their machine?

Did it work or is it just a case of grin and bear it :o?

Now I know the CBR 150 isn't the worst bike seat, but for long rides it does become a pain in the ass after 3 hours or so.

Did it work or is it just a case of grin and bear it :o ?

there are several custom seat shops state side that offer improved comfort with better foam, however the price can be prohibitive being in thailand!

What you talkin' about, Willis? I rode lots of 12 hour days, back to back, and even three days in a row, on Japanese bikes from 400cc to 850cc, in the States. After steady driving on interstate highways at 100 kph, they were all uncomfortable after the first hour. I broke in my first CBR150 commuting on the superhighway, 35 minute trips. Two round trips to Mae Sai and one to Mae Hong Son, and all I got from it was a pulled back muscle, once.

Without daring to discuss derriere design (I have a firm swimmer's bubble butt, if you must know :D ), I do not see a problem. But seat redesign should be readily available in Thailand for big, soft butts. Nothing personal, you understand. :o

Well, I have no arse, so even being very boney I don't find the seat terribly bad. A bit narrow, but overall plenty cushy for me. I do however take frequent nicotine breaks.

There's plenty of custom car shops around; as mentioned, try and find some of that memory foam and get them to put it under the stock material.

Yes, I have done this.

Worked a charm. A definate improvment but not a Corbin.

Baht 300 for both the rider's seat and the pillion. Additional benefit was the extra padding on the pillion made it a better "stop".

Also chose the anti-slip material which does not interfere with the rider repositioning himself while riding but the biggest benefit is for the pillion rider. The original is a smooth material. I'm a (very) infrequent pillion passenger and when I was on my friend's pillion seat, which is original, I was very aware how slippery it was. I felt bad for all the ladies who had ridden on my bike before I had it re-covered. :o

Did it work or is it just a case of grin and bear it :o?

Check out this shop used & recommended by the GT Riders

128642660-S.jpg

TEE GAN BOH

80/2 Wualai Road. (Opposite Baan King Kaew orphange.)

Tel: 053275069.

Mobile: 0817966468

He's been doing a few Corbin style copies for some long distance Africa Twin riders, & the finished product is quite good.

Part of the problem (apart from the overweight rider) with many bike seats is that after awhile (a few hours /X100 kms) the foam compresses on the sides & you end up sitting on the frame = O-U-C-H!

I think you should try to build up the outer with stiffer foam & have less stiff foam in the middle.

Sometimes you don't quite get it right, but for a few hundred baht each time, it's worth tweaking your finished product a few times.

I am an occasional pillion rider, and basically have to jump up to get there. Thais would have to jump like a kangaroo if the seat were raised. And it is teensy, about half a cheek on either side.

Ah, PB... :o

First...the ladies are quite adept at stepping over using the passenger peg (not an option for a 75kg+ farang)

Second...if their bottom is much bigger than the pillion seat, they would not be getting on. :D

Yes, I have done this.

Baht 300 for both the rider's seat and the pillion. Additional benefit was the extra padding on the pillion made it a better "stop".

Also chose the anti-slip material which does not interfere with the rider repositioning himself while riding but the biggest benefit is for the pillion rider. The original is a smooth material. I'm a (very) infrequent pillion passenger and when I was on my friend's pillion seat, which is original, I was very aware how slippery it was. I felt bad for all the ladies who had ridden on my bike before I had it re-covered. :o

Hey, could you explain a bit more about what "this" you did please? Sounds like you did more than just add foam.

Yes, I have done this.

Hey, could you explain a bit more about what "this" you did please? Sounds like you did more than just add foam.

No, I only added more foam for a more comfortable ride. And chose a better cover material. Both seats.