Dirty Personal Messages

Swanky

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I've had three dirty messages from one poster to a post I made. The post in question was about cereal of all things. Not sure what to do as I'm a newbie. Asks for e-mails and some other suggestive stuff, today also. Is there someone who can deal with this please, I didn't answer.

Whoever it is says he/she knows my ip address, which is OK I guess because I don't know it. What does this mean?

Edited by Swanky

Post it where? Can I post personal messages just by cutting and pasting them here? I don't think that's appropriate they are obscene. Can I forward them to someone?

Sorry just looked at that page, lots of topics but not one that fits this. Be more specific please?

Edited by Swanky

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I've had three dirty messages from one poster to a post I made. The post in question was about cereal of all things. Not sure what to do as I'm a newbie. Asks for e-mails and some other suggestive stuff, today also. Is there someone who can deal with this please, I didn't answer.

Whoever it is says he/she knows my ip address, which is OK I guess because I don't know it. What does this mean?

Send a message (PM) to a Moderator (pick one from the list here: TV Moderating Team)

Also, if you look at your inbox, next to the name of the person that sent you the message you'll see [block]. Clicking on that should prevent that person from sending you anymore messages.

Go to the main forum index page and look right at the bottom, you'll see a list of all the members who are logged on at the time you are looking - Those who's names are highlighted in color (Red or Blue) are moderators and administrators.

Click on one of the colored names and then select send a Private Message - Report the offensive PMs you are receiving to any Mod and I am certain they will see to it that the person who is sending them does not bother you again.

Alternatively - Name and shame the individual here so we can all take the p1ss out of him/her.

Post your original message (the one at the top of this page) into that forum (support), starting a new topic as you did here. Probably easier to just PM a moderator. Have a look through the forums and see if you can find any online (their names will be shown in red at the bottom amongst the users in that forum)...

Post it where? Can I post personal messages just by cutting and pasting them here? I don't think that's appropriate they are obscene. Can I forward them to someone?

Sorry just looked at that page, lots of topics but not one that fits this. Be more specific please?

Just below your avatar is a "Report" button. That will put you in touch with a moderator.

Very unlikely they know your ip address as only mods & admin can see it. But I see in the mods forum that it has already been taken up by SBk so I will clsoe this thread now. Swanky, one of the mod team will be in touch.