How Long Can Thai Stay In Lao With The 50 Baht Border Pass ?

tekfrank

Hi,

Can you tell me how long Thai citizens can stay in Lao with the Lao border pass that costs 50 baht ? Any risk to leave Vientiane and go outside the province ?

Also, have you been to Vang Vien by private car or van, how much did you pay? And if you know any nice hotel in Vang Vien thank you for advices.

Cheers.

Hi,

Can you tell me how long Thai citizens can stay in Lao with the Lao border pass that costs 50 baht ? Any risk to leave Vientiane and go outside the province ?

Also, have you been to Vang Vien by private car or van, how much did you pay? And if you know any nice hotel in Vang Vien thank you for advices.

Cheers.

Well the answer to the border pass question is 2 days. Travelling outside of Vientiane isn't an issue - just the time. Since it's about a 2.5-3hour by car or 4hr by bus journey from VTE to Vang Vieng. But that is once you have organised transport.

The problem with getting private car or van is the cost associated with it as they want to fill a car or minibus. It you want private transport probably the best thing to do is rent a pickup and self drive.

As for hotels. . . cannot remember the names of the top of my head if we have a break over there we just turn up and get whatevever room is going.

Hi,

Cheers.

2 nights,but easy to extend in Vientiane.

Have driven to VangVieng many times,about 170Km,say 20 liter diesel,price depending on the market(5% more as in Thailand). Go around and ask,Vang Vieng is a small village with a lot of GHs. :o

• 2 years later...

Could anybody tell me about requirements for Thais,who want to go to Lao on border pass?Do they need passport?or ID is enough?what about children,who do not have ID or passport?

What border points can be used?I heard about two - NongKhai and ChongMek(Ubon-Pakse),what about ChiangKong?

50 Baht is much less then 30US$ visa!

Any info will be apreciated.

Frank