English Teacher In Udon Thani

KBTexas

Sawasdeekrap,

My wife is Thai. I am looking for a teacher for her to help her with conversational English and pronunciation. She is quite competent with the written language and syntax, but understanding her, and her understanding me, does present problems at times. She also could use some help in understanding the meaning of words, since many are based on a culture she has only a little experience in. I am not a teacher, so I tend to get frustrated after 2-3 correction attempts, and then she gets upset, so a teacher is perhaps the best way for us.

And yes, I am also trying to learn Thai, but I am just starting that, and Thai ain't easy. ;-) I figure in a year or two I will be able to speak it like a Thai kindergarten student, if I am lucky! The very slight (to my ear) differences that mean different words makes me think I might not ever get it.

If anyone knows of someone in Udon Thani that gives private lessons in conversational English, I would appreciate the information.

Best Regards,

KB

Sawasdeekrap,

My wife is Thai. I am looking for a teacher for her to help her with conversational English and pronunciation. She is quite competent with the written language and syntax, but understanding her, and her understanding me, does present problems at times. She also could use some help in understanding the meaning of words, since many are based on a culture she has only a little experience in. I am not a teacher, so I tend to get frustrated after 2-3 correction attempts, and then she gets upset, so a teacher is perhaps the best way for us.

And yes, I am also trying to learn Thai, but I am just starting that, and Thai ain't easy. ;-) I figure in a year or two I will be able to speak it like a Thai kindergarten student, if I am lucky! The very slight (to my ear) differences that mean different words makes me think I might not ever get it.

If anyone knows of someone in Udon Thani that gives private lessons in conversational English, I would appreciate the information.

Best Regards,

KB

There is a lady that teaches small groups. She might give private lessons. You could ask. She helped my fiancee improve her English skills considerably, and best of all she is not very expensive compared to some others we talked to. Her name is Fon. **Please PM tutone for information--sbk** Tell her that Ron and Nang recommended her. Hope this helps.

There is a lady that teaches small groups. She might give private lessons. You could ask. She helped my fiancee improve her English skills considerably, and best of all she is not very expensive compared to some others we talked to. Her name is Fon. ***please pm Tutone for information*** Tell her that Ron and Nang recommended her. Hope this helps.<br />

Thanks for the heads up tutone. I will pass this information to my wife. I am fairly surprised that it seems hard to find someone to teach conversational English in Udon, but maybe Fon can help.

Again, thanks.

KB

Thats not hard a all must be at least five schools in the area.

Finding a english teachers that can actually pronounce the word properly is a different story. Any of them can help but that trouble your having in learning Thai your wife has the same problems with english a lengthy process.

Patience my friend yuor going to need it. I would never try to teach my wife to many upsetting situations.

M Try to slow down a bit when your speaking even college Professors here who teach english if you speak at a normal pace will not understanding you. Good Luck

The web site you were given is a good place to start if the other doesn't work out for you.