Can't Attach To E Mails

kevc

Got a problem over the last week or so trying to add attachments to e mails sent by Yahoo on a TOT connection, previously I've never had a problem sending them and I haven't made any changes to them.

Is it a TOT thing or is there something I can do to rectify the problem, searched on Google but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

Bit loose on describing what happens when you try.

First line of attack when looking at browser related issues is to clear the browser's temporary internet files(cache).

Guide with pictures. Or this one.

If that does not help - provide some more info, what is the size and file type that you are attempting to attach?

What is the error message if there is one?

More questions - but let's see what happens first....

First line of attack when looking at browser related issues is to clear the browser's temporary internet files(cache).

If that does not help - provide some more info, what is the size and file type that you are attempting to attach?

Hello Cuban,

Thanks for the info I've got rid of all the temporary files, cleaned everything out with Disk cleanup but no change. The files are j pegs some no bigger than 90KB but they just won't attach, every now and again they'll attach in a few seconds then it goes back again.

The downlaod bar shows they are downloading and then clicks off as if they've finished but it still has the message Scanning and ataaching.

Thanks.

Hello Cuban,

Thanks for the info I've got rid of all the temporary files, cleaned everything out with Disk cleanup but no change. The files are j pegs some no bigger than 90KB but they just won't attach, every now and again they'll attach in a few seconds then it goes back again.

The downlaod bar shows they are downloading and then clicks off as if they've finished but it still has the message Scanning and ataaching.

Thanks.

Try with another browser (Opera or Firefox for instance if you're using Internet Explorer) and tell us if it works then.

> Thanks for the info I've got rid of all the temporary files...

Sorry but I had to ask.

> The files are j pegs some no bigger than 90KB but they just won't attach, every now and again they'll attach in a few seconds then it goes back again.

So you can select the file to attach with ease from the Explorer window that pops up when you choose File 1: ______ [browse] ?

And you can add multiple files then, with the total size of attached files being less than 10 Meg, press [Attach Files] you get the uploading/scanning bars (moving four squares), and then the page returns to the compose email screen?

> The downlaod bar shows they are downloading and then clicks off as if they've finished but it still has the message Scanning and ataaching.

So you do not get returned to the compose email screen?

Which Yahoo email server are you using, one based in Asia or America, Europe?

I get the impression that the connection is being lost while the files are being transfered from your PC to the mail server.

Can you send an email with a smaller attachment? A simple text.txt file that has the word "hello" inside.

-----------------edit---------------

I have walked through this process on one of my accounts and don't see an obvious problem or likely cause.

Edited by Cuban

> Thanks for the info I've got rid of all the temporary files...

Sorry but I had to ask.

> The files are j pegs some no bigger than 90KB but they just won't attach, every now and again they'll attach in a few seconds then it goes back again.

So you can select the file to attach with ease from the Explorer window that pops up when you choose File 1: ______ [browse] ?

And you can add multiple files then, with the total size of attached files being less than 10 Meg, press [Attach Files] you get the uploading/scanning bars (moving four squares), and then the page returns to the compose email screen?

> The downlaod bar shows they are downloading and then clicks off as if they've finished but it still has the message Scanning and ataaching.

So you do not get returned to the compose email screen?

Which Yahoo email server are you using, one based in Asia or America, Europe?

I get the impression that the connection is being lost while the files are being transfered from your PC to the mail server.

Can you send an email with a smaller attachment? A simple text.txt file that has the word "hello" inside.

-----------------edit---------------

I have walked through this process on one of my accounts and don't see an obvious problem or likely cause.

Hello Cuban,

Solved the problem (sort of) I went back to Classic Yahoo and they are now attaching, but it's a bit of a pain because I'm so used to the new version.

Thanks for the time and the interest and if I ever get to find out the problem I'll be sure to let you know.