CAT-CDMA Load Balancing Replacing Ipstar Satellite Internet

george

?? fiberoptic to what??

You realise that what he's proposing is to provide the absolutely fastest speed inside of LOS as possible. Thailand actually has major connection lines running around the Kingdom. There's a pdf here that talks about the situation; apparently there's 17 ISP connected to the NIX that have an aggregate badwidth of 1638.5 Mb/s--and that was way back in 2002 and wikipedia is claiming that CAT alone now has some 100Gb/s of connectivity!

catintmap092008.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I understand what he was saying, but look at what is out there... I would have to run fiber to BKK, cause no one in ISSAN would know what to do with it. Most of the IT types that I have talked to here (thais) only tell you what they have been told, no brain thinking of their own. I have not been impress here or even when I was in Pattaya. Lack of common sense.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, Quite confused by all this technical jargon. Can someone put in simple terms the following. Living in an remote area where no landline available, very poor signal from mobile phone networks so dongle useless. Will a satelite dish internet connection work. If so who supplies? Any idea of costs involved? Are they any good for basic email, surfing and Skype? Thanks