Calzaghe V Jones

I had a bet a few weeks ago on Calzaghe winning but the more i read people's opinion's i'm starting to have my doubt's i know Jones was great in his day but Joe is a great boxer as well.

I think it will go to points with a Calzaghe win i hope, i only took the bet because Joe was 1/4 with the bookies and this loud mouthed Canadian wanted a straight 5000bt on it so i did.

Sorry if this has already been done i looked but couldn't see a thread.

Your verdicts please.

5000 bht, 145 US or 90 GBP, The cheapest seats are 236USD, the most expspensive are 5.8k USD,

Why have you got doubts about Joe? 45-0, hes definatly not used to loosing, i would say youve got a pretty safe bet, in fact, Joes gonna hit Roy Jones so hard that Jones Jnr will need 5.8k in his shorts to buy a ticket to get back in the stadium!!

And its my daughters 29th bday on the 8/11, so Joes gotta win!!

Hope it works out BKB, Cheers, Lickey!

I had a bet a few weeks ago on Calzaghe winning but the more i read people's opinion's i'm starting to have my doubt's i know Jones was great in his day but Joe is a great boxer as well.

I think it will go to points with a Calzaghe win i hope, i only took the bet because Joe was 1/4 with the bookies and this loud mouthed Canadian wanted a straight 5000bt on it so i did.

Sorry if this has already been done i looked but couldn't see a thread.

Your verdicts please.

What time and when, what channel here in Thailand?

RJ is real slick, his style might be tough for Calzaghe.

Huggybear

Fight is on the sunday morning 9th november and the main event should start around 11am depending how the undercard goes.

Will be on a true ppv channel i think but the best bet get to the pub about 9.30.

Lickey

Didn't say i had ringside seats but will enjoy watching it with a few cold ones.

Hope your right about Calzaghe not bothered about the money just dont want to lose to a gobshite.

Best wishes to your daughter will have one from the top shelf if he wins and sing happy birthday. :o

Huggybear

Fight is on the sunday morning 9th november and the main event should start around 11am depending how the undercard goes.

Will be on a true ppv channel i think but the best bet get to the pub about 9.30.

Lickey

Didn't say i had ringside seats but will enjoy watching it with a few cold ones.

Hope your right about Calzaghe not bothered about the money just dont want to lose to a gobshite.

Best wishes to your daughter will have one from the top shelf if he wins and sing happy birthday. :o

Thanks!!

i won on Calzaghe -Hopkins , but this fight if Jones is fit ,i think he will have too much skills for a fighter like calzaghe ,on top of that there would be a big money offer from Hopkins to fight Jones.

Too hard to bet on this one,and after hopkins -pavlik, gotta be careful to underestimate the older fighter,

Depends what type of Jones tunes up, if Jones come in and is sharp Jones will win easily, but jones is way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past it and I doubt a good version turns up. But I can only help.

Roy in his prime would give Joe a serious boxing lesson though

Depends what type of Jones tunes up, if Jones come in and is sharp Jones will win easily, but jones is way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past it and I doubt a good version turns up. But I can only help.

Roy in his prime would give Joe a serious boxing lesson though

Well the loss in weight from Jones coming down from heavyweight had a HUGE effect on him. Just like when Chris Byrd who was a heavy weight champ can down to light heavy and got knocked out but a bum or when Tarver lost weight from the rocky movie and got bullied in the ring against Hopkins.

Jones has not been himself since winning the heavyweight title and I think he is just too old and has lost it. I hope im wrong

It is not shown on Supersports (africa) or true visions!!!! Or is it on gold package??

just been on to ubc/true, its this sunday 9 th nov program starts at 9.00am, so one would think about 10/11, but we were caught out last time, so get there early.

channel 109, on platinum package.

we,ve got it on in pattaya if anyone hasnt got it soi 6 corner bar

chris

Fight's OVER,

pretty much one way traffic,

Jones knocked Joe down in the first rd and won the second,

Joe won the next 10rds

Wow that was not what I expected

Well done Joe Calzaghe

That was the first time I'd seen Calzaghe. In much better condition than Jones, Jones seemed to run out of gas after the 5th.

Calzaghe just peppered the sh*t out of Jones rounds 4-12, very surprising for me, I thought Jones would be more active countering, but they were saying Calzaghe did the same to Hopkins, and the Executioner is no slouch.

Calzaghe's a good champ. His 46-0 stands out nicely.

Fight's OVER,

pretty much one way traffic,

Jones knocked Joe down in the first rd and won the second,

Joe won the next 10rds

Wow that was not what I expected

Well done Joe Calzaghe

That was the first time I'd seen Calzaghe. In much better condition than Jones, Jones seemed to run out of gas after the 5th.

Calzaghe just peppered the sh*t out of Jones rounds 4-12, very surprising for me, I thought Jones would be more active countering, but they were saying Calzaghe did the same to Hopkins, and the Executioner is no slouch.

Calzaghe's a good champ. His 46-0 stands out nicely.

I think jones was stunned by the hand speed and tricks, Joe was hitting from angles, mixing it up showing up a showman.

Plus the gash on the eye would not of helped

What a shame Joe is retiring!

Don't believe that for a second. It's a common promotional tool "he's coming out of retirement to take this o so important bout".

I agree with you. Other than Hopkins and Jones, Calzaghe really hasn't had a lot of big paydays to show for his undefeated record. A fight with Chad Dawson would certainly put a lot in his pocket.

Dawson is also undefeated and is the current IBF light heavyweight champ (gained when he beat Tarver) and former WBC light heavyweight champ (lost when he gave up the title to fight Tarver). Hence, both are undefeated world champions. While Calzaghe may want to retire with his undefeated record, one or two last big paydays will keep him in the ring.

Don't believe that for a second. It's a common promotional tool "he's coming out of retirement to take this o so important bout".

I agree with you. Other than Hopkins and Jones, Calzaghe really hasn't had a lot of big paydays to show for his undefeated record. A fight with Chad Dawson would certainly put a lot in his pocket.

Dawson is also undefeated and is the current IBF light heavyweight champ (gained when he beat Tarver) and former WBC light heavyweight champ (lost when he gave up the title to fight Tarver). Hence, both are undefeated world champions. While Calzaghe may want to retire with his undefeated record, one or two last big paydays will keep him in the ring.

Maybe a rematch with Hopkins, the way they both fough this month that should make for a craker

Now we look forward to Oscar and Manny (am reading a good book on Manny as we speak)

Maybe a rematch with Hopkins, the way they both fough this month that should make for a craker

Not a chance, did you see the Hopkins-Calzaghe fight? Bit of a snoozer really, there is no way in hel_l they would be able to promote that bout.

There you go Bangkokboro, no worries, you have made 5k bht, if you can find mr gobshite!!

Thanks Lickey he was supposed to come and watch the fight with us but he never turned up but i seen him on the monday and he said he would pay on the thursday and he was a man to his word so good on him. Tried to get a bet on the Hatton fight but he wouldn't have any of it.

Good days :o

I saw the fight last night for the first time.I thought it was working into an interesting match until Jones got the cut on the eyelid.It must have been hard for Jones to focus with that injury.I've never been a great fan of Calzaghe but that array of punches that caused the cut was really impressive.He's a light heavy weight with the hand speed of a middleweight.He can also take a dig.There's no doubt in my mind,though,that Jones would have beaten him in his prime.Jones,like Duran and Leonard before him,was on another planet to the rest of them.The question now is,has Calzaghe reached his prime or is there more to come?