Need Alittle Advice.

Need alittle advice on a bit of a stupid question. :o

I've recently got married to a thai national. I live in the UK and will be travelling back to Thailand for 15 days in January to visit her.

Can i use the normal 30 day stamp for entry into Thailand or do i need to acquire an appropriate visa, because i'm married?

I've recently got married to a thai national. I live in the UK and will be travelling back to Thailand for 15 days in January to visit her.

Can i use the normal 30 day stamp for entry into Thailand or do i need to acquire an appropriate visa, because i'm married?

You can use the normal 30 day stamp.

You would only have to worry about getting a marriage visa if you were planning on staying longer than 90 days (in a 180 period), but there are still other ways to go (like multi-entry tourist visas).

If you are planning on staying for a year (or more) then you should look into getting a marriage visa.

//edit to add: According to my old Army instructors, there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers. :D

Edited by Kerryd

You would only have to worry about getting a marriage visa if you were planning on staying longer than 90 days (in a 180 period), but there are still other ways to go (like multi-entry tourist visas).

:o

Six month period, not 180 days...

Just reading your post's, and I noticed your mentioning of the 180 day rule.

What is that?

My facts: Been in Thailand this year: 1 trip jan., 1 trip feb., 1 trip mar., 1 tip june., 1 trip sep- oct and now getting ready to go again on the 5. nov- 15 jan 09.

I have contacted the Thai-consulate in Denmark, and they answered back that I could do 3 x visarun, and I would be ok.

But I did not inform them, that I have had previous entries.

Anybody?

Just reading your post's, and I noticed your mentioning of the 180 day rule.

What is that?

My facts: Been in Thailand this year: 1 trip jan., 1 trip feb., 1 trip mar., 1 tip june., 1 trip sep- oct and now getting ready to go again on the 5. nov- 15 jan 09.

I have contacted the Thai-consulate in Denmark, and they answered back that I could do 3 x visarun, and I would be ok.

But I did not inform them, that I have had previous entries.

Anybody?

If you've been in Thailand approaching 90 days in the last six months you will definitely have a problem. Just get a tourist visa. It will make your life much easier and you won't have to do border runs every 30 days...

Thanks MKAsok

In the last 6 month, I just been there 35 days, but if they ad up the coming days with the 35, i am getting near.

And about the entries: 1 in june, 1 in september, 1 in november and 1 on the 5 of december at the latest.

All within 6 month.

I do not want to get parked in Laos

No problem. Like I said, just go to your local embassy/consulate and get yourself a tourist visa before you leave. I noticed you intend to stay around 3 months, so enter on your visa for 60 days and then extend at local immigration for 30 days (1900 bht).

Thanks again

I'll do that and have allready mailed them.

Now my worries are their expeditions- time.

You know, tomorrow being friday, and me leaving wednesday.

If they can't do it in this time, should I risk going anyway. Being banned from Thailand, is not an option

Just reading your post's, and I noticed your mentioning of the 180 day rule. What is that?My facts: Been in Thailand this year: 1 trip jan., 1 trip feb., 1 trip mar., 1 tip june., 1 trip sep- oct and now getting ready to go again on the 5. nov- 15 jan 09.I have contacted the Thai-consulate in Denmark, and they answered back that I could do 3 x visarun, and I would be ok. But I did not inform them, that I have had previous entries.Anybody?
Thanks MKAsokIn the last 6 month, I just been there 35 days, but if they ad up the coming days with the 35, i am getting near.

And about the entries: 1 in june, 1 in september, 1 in november and 1 on the 5 of december at the latest.

All within 6 month. I do not want to get parked in Laos

1 more question: Can I buy 30 days to my 30 airport days. If so I can do with going out only once. I guess
Can I buy 2 x 30 days in Immigration?
The rule is 90 days in a period of 6 months starting with your first entry.

Your first entry was January,? so that period ran until July,?. But you didn't come again until Sep,? so your new 6 months started then. As long as your entries do not add up to to 90 days six months after September then you will be okay. Just count your days.

You can't buy any days at immigration. Unless you get a tourist visa and extend it for 30 days.

But with your coming and going the way you do it might not work for you.

If you can fit your trips out of the country and have a tourist visa you can get a re-entry permit at immigration, depart and re-enter as long as you do it before your 60 days are up on your tourist visa entry. You can also apply for the 30 day extension for the tourist visa and get a re-entry permit at the same thime that would be valid until the end of your 30 day extension but you would have to leave again before the end of your 90 days (60 + 30 days).

I've recently got married to a thai national. I live in the UK and will be travelling back to Thailand for 15 days in January to visit her. Can i use the normal 30 day stamp for entry into Thailand or do i need to acquire an appropriate visa, because i'm married?

No problem to use the 30 day entry option.

The fact that you are married does not change anything as far as visas go. Unless you want a longer stay or multiple entry visa which can be easy to get because you are married.

Thanks Joe

I guess my 3 trips early in the year is out of the picture.

The others are: 02- 06--22-06 = 21 days

Then 89 days out of the country

19-09--06-10 = 18 days

Coming trip: 06-11--15-01 =71 days.

Summasumarum: i need this 60 day touristvisa ??, and can not do with the 3 x visarun ??

And if there isn't time to do the visa, I am doomed ??

Going out of Thailand on the 15-01, does that mean, I can't go back for Songkran, because of the 90 days out of the country- rule, and 3 entry pr. 180 days.

Monday I'll go the 185 kilo's to get a touristvisa, and the consul will do right away, so I can bring it home with me.

Thanks to MKA and Joe, and to OP for his quesstion, that if wasn't postet, I wouldn't have known about this.

And sorry for hijacking your tread.

I think the confusion about the 180 days, you mentioned above came from the idea of a 3 times entering Thailand without a visa.

The rule is that you can enter Thailand without visa more than three times provided that the total number of the days you stay are not exceeding 90 days in a period of 6 month (180 days). I hope that it is clear for you now.

Bishop :o

I think the confusion about the 180 days, you mentioned above came from the idea of a 3 times entering Thailand without a visa.

The rule is that you can enter Thailand without visa more than three times provided that the total number of the days you stay are not exceeding 90 days in a period of 6 month (180 days). I hope that it is clear for you now.

Correct. But 6 months is not always 180 days.

Actually 6 month is not 180 days at all. the year is either 365 or 366 days, which means 6 month is 183 or 182.5 days. It is just approximately; be easy on me lite beer same as your nick name; I really appreciate your hard working and wish you a wonderful life.