Swat Team Road Check

Chaimai

Anybody know what the SWAT team road check was all about tonight. Passed through on a bike but many cars were being pulled over and the SWAT team (including a Farang officer) were poking a torch into windows etc.

Happened about 22.00 hrs on Sukhumvit near Boontawon ceramic shop.

Friday night road blocks looking for pro-PAD protesters driving up to BKK for this weekend's protests.

I would expect all roads leading to BKK for the duration of protests to encounter such activity.

Hide your protest banners, yellow plastic clappy hands and tear gas in the trunk.

Friday night road blocks looking for pro-PAD protesters driving up to BKK for this weekend's protests.

I would expect all roads leading to BKK for the duration of protests to encounter such activity.

Hide your protest banners, yellow plastic clappy hands and tear gas in the trunk.

That was the reason i heard too. :o

That was the reason i heard too. :o

You could try taking them on a bike - we were just waived through :D

Anybody know what the SWAT team road check was all about tonight. Passed through on a bike but many cars were being pulled over and the SWAT team (including a Farang officer) were poking a torch into windows etc.

I am just curious how a farang is on a police team ? I was with a friend one day

paying a traffic fine at Pattaya police station and a farang full of self importance

and dressed in black army/ police combat gear drives in to the car park

in a top of the range BMW 7i. He walked in liked he owned the whole place........

Why do they need farang in this kind of role :o

I am just curious how a farang is on a police team ? I was with a friend one day

paying a traffic fine at Pattaya police station and a farang full of self importance

and dressed in black army/ police combat gear drives in to the car park

in a top of the range BMW 7i. He walked in liked he owned the whole place........

Why do they need farang in this kind of role :o

Maybe a

post-41194-1225551854_thumb.jpg

wannabe?

post-41194-1225551693_thumb.jpg

Perhaps an experienced former Special Team Member that is assisting with Training???? or one of the US Special Forces Drug Interdiction guys down from the 'Golden Triangle" or a former Farang Cop helping with training . OR a former nobody pretending he was somebody & still is ........who cares ??

:o

Perhaps an experienced former Special Team Member that is assisting with Training???? or one of the US Special Forces Drug Interdiction guys down from the 'Golden Triangle" or a former Farang Cop helping with training . OR a former nobody pretending he was somebody & still is ........who cares ??

:D

:o:D:D

Perhaps an experienced former Special Team Member that is assisting with Training???? or one of the US Special Forces Drug Interdiction guys down from the 'Golden Triangle" or a former Farang Cop helping with training . OR a former nobody pretending he was somebody & still is

I would venture to suggest that you have hit the nail on the head with Walter... :o

Perhaps this is the answer

Monday 3rd November 2008

Class 1 drugs and explosive devices found in Pattaya Police and SWAT Team checks.

On Sunday Night, Police Major Wittaya from Pattaya Police Station, assisted by the new Pattaya Police SWAT Team conducted checks around the area to search for anything suspicious. Two cases occurred, involving class 1 drugs and explosives. The first case comes from the South Pattaya Road in front of the Chaimongkol Temple. Two men, acting suspiciously, aged 17 and 18 were approached and searched. They were found to be carrying 15 Yabba Tablets. They claimed the drugs belonged to their friend known only as “Ort”. He employed the two men as couriers and they were meant to send the tablets to a customer who would meet them at the location. Despite attempts by the two men to escape from Police, they were arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station on a charge of dealing in a class 1 drug.

The second case occurred on a small beach behind the Thappraya Mountain in Jomtien. A group of young people were sitting on the beach and were approached by Police. They appeared nervous and a search was conducted. A number of home-made explosive devices were found. The two men aged 21 and 36 claimed they just found the devices on the beach and were about to take them to the Police Station. The Police assisted by heavily armed SWAT Team Officers did not believe their story and they were subsequently arrested and also taken to Pattaya Police Station on a charge of possession of explosive devices.

Pattaya One - see here with photos - http://pattayaone.net/news/2008/november/n...3_11_51_2.shtml

There is an informative interview in this month's Walking Street Journal on the subject of FPVs.

What the f--- have Soi 9 FPV's got to do with the new Pattaya Police Swat Team (under the guidance of the Region 2 Commander). Or are u just making silly innuendos.