Hero-ween 2008

AlexLah

Hi all.

My sincere apologies I was not there at the official TV pissup Party.

So where was I?

Let me tell you first I am just back from a 12 hour drive from Ka Wong.

Ka Wong is a place near Mukdahan.

How the freak did I end up there?

I planned to drop household items and clothes, pot's and pans at a very poor Buddhist temple community.

I asked a friend of mine about this and she came up with that temple, near Nakorn Ratchasima she said.

Well NR is about a 3 hour drive so I left at 11 morning, arrived there at15:30 (about another 150KM from NR). No problem I would be a bit late when going back but din't worry about that.

On the way to the temple there was heavy flooding but I managed to steer Bimmie through all the potholes and new rivers created by the rain.

Arriving at the temple (Just a cheap building with some very minimal buddhist stuff) buy hey this was the temple created by those poor people, their own temple.

They were very proud to show all of it and were very gratefull for all the stuff I brought.

Had to be blessed by the monk for that and sure some food was brought so we had to share dinner.

It was now 17:00 and told them I really had to go, so I did.

After following the dirtroad for about 500 M, the area where I managed to get nearly through was now a raging river of about a meter deep.

Now way I could pass that and it was the only way out, dam_n.

Tried again at 19:30 but it had even got worse.

So spend the nite in the midlle of frikking nowhere, counting coins, yes you read that right, I show the pic's tommorow.

So in the evening a plan was made as all felt so sorry I missed Hello Ween for the fifth time in Thailand.

There was a party in Kalasin the next day my friend told, and they invited me to join, for good luck and stuff.

How far, I asked, Just 3 hours drive. so early morning we left and the 3 hours drive became a 5 hour drive.

Went to the temple had a lot of fun with a few monks (They were really funny) and enjoyed the ceremony of the first rice harvest or was it start of the season, not sure.

After the ceremony finished everybody joined in for some early dinner and had a look at the only farang in place.

Stayed the nite and left early Sunday morning at 09:00, calculating it would take me about 8-9 hours to drive back home.

Was advised to take highway 102 (Chaiyapum) before Khone Kean and then keep direction Sickoi ore Sikhoi, something like that.

And so I did, ride was smooth and Bimmie loved the curved roads.

About 50 KM before Sikhoi the police pulled up a roadblock, Cannot go, many water, go there, follow car, the nice and friendly BIB told me.

What they did not told me that the alternative route was going to be a dirtroad through the paddy fields to avoid the flooded Highway 102.

Can you imagine, a muddy slippery road, full of very big continious potholes as deep as 50 Cm and about a line of vehicles that must have been at least a

thousand (Snaps I will post Tommorow as I left my Phone in the car and am to tired and lazy to get it from my car).

To make it worse it was a one way lane with two way traffic.

Then to see that even some of the 4x4 vehicles had problems crossing those potholes, I feared the worst as Bimmie is lowered and has ultra flat tires.

Keep it rolling was the lesson I learned when I was in the army driving a 4 ton truck, Speed up when you can before a muddy part and let it roll through.

I told Bimmie not to be scared, we would make it, as we always did, come on baby, we can do it, we just have to believe in that.

It took almost two hours before I finally was back on highway 102.

Frome there the usual traffic problems all the way to BKK.

So in the end, yes a very different Halloween experience from what I expected.

I had a bloody chopped off head here and fake blood to be sprayed on me just before entering, have to do that next time then, ha ha .

On the other hand a very enlighting experience to meet the very poor people of Thailand and how they manage to keep their good spirit

and their willingness to share whatever they have even if they have almost nothing as I witnessed.

And the party in Ka Wong where the Thai/Issan people really did all there best to make me feel home.

I learned a few important lessons you know.

And I know by speaking with and looking at some of you at the previous unofficial TV Pizz Up you know and feel the same.

Therefore I suggest that the oficiall TV Pizz Up needs a second chance as the previous one got messed up for whatever reason.

We likeminded people need to meet up, and share whatever we want to share but mostly, hugs.

Many of us are all in the same boat, so let us share and also learn from our Thai friends.

It is such an opportunity with those TV meetings to hear all story's and point's of view.

There is no need for free drinks or reduced drink price.

Just a place where we can meet and have a good talk and have a good time.

Get to know eachother and have fun together.

Peace to all of you!

Alex

i was in the another world outside bkk bfor so i know what it is like, alex

It was reall nice of u doing that in Mukdaharn.... but again i didnt manage to finish the post :o... hehehe

i gave up the first time you called your car bimmie.

Thiti, I do not drive 20 km per hour max speed.

I was referring to your offer to give me 100 THB to drive you around in BKK.

So 20 KM is how far it would get you for 100 THB.

OK here's the deal, you gimme 100 THB and I will drive for 20 KM.

If during the 20 KM you did not sh1t your pants or hold on to the door or something, or did not once scream.

You get back your 100 THB and I double it.

:D

And TS, it is a very common name for a Bimmer.

But yes I am a litlle weird sometimes.......

:o

Oh, and it was not in Mukdahan that I did the charity, it was in Ma Kra Tab or somming like that.

Still have to find a way to get the snaps on my puter, looking for the Nokia cable........

Edited by AlexLah

Thithi,

Loosing a bet will give you the opportunity to learn something.

Forget about the whole face thing.

It is not about loosing, but learn something.

Alex

i'm not losing anyway :o but u r

Do you have a suggestion for a more musculair sounding name?

No because......

It aint normal for a man

Do you name your toothbrush,hoover,iron,HiFi,Toilet Brush? :D - yeh alxie i was wondering, do you?!

There is a dead litlle bird on my balcony.

Heavily decomposed, a not so cute sight.

However I had one of those once, nice litlle tweety that could sing in Portugese and could perform dental cleaning.

post-21826-1226226854_thumb.jpg

Birds are cute, speccially chicken BBQ, ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.

And me is not jealous

:o

arrrrghhhhh wtfff thithi plalex stop it!

plalex 'bimmie' is a gay (sorry PB :D ) name indeed... but it's your car ***cough ***chick car **** cough**** :D

i'm just messing with you plalex, i know you're a nice enough guy who just likes his car.

may i suggest "She-John" as a name for 'bimmie?'

I had an E38 (RIP :o ) by the name of Storkatten (Swedish for "the big cat"). U can surely come up with something better than 'bimmie'!!!

Incidentally (another RIP car), since I no longer have my RR not-so-lovingly referred to as "The Bitch," maybe you can have that name too... quite fitting for a 'kewt' little 3-series :D