Buying 2nd Hand

phobic

Hello,

My first problem is that my wife always using my CZ-i and i need to buy myself a bike. I hear alot of good things about the CBR 150R.

Second problem is that im a newbie on motorbike mechanics :o , and now I plan to buy a honda cbr 150R. anyone know a good dealer in bangkok or phuket/krabi? Are there any common problems that i should watch out for? What high should the mileage be? etc. etc...

My price range is about 30.000-35.000BHT.

I have been reading some about the NSR here on the forum, and I seen some really cheap ones, so that might be a option too. But i kinda dont like the screaming sound from the NSR, but that might be able to change with a different exchaust?

Any hints or replys is much appreciated.

Also anyone been dealing with www.bunkloso.com? good or bad shop etc. ?

Regards

A

Edited by phobic

Honda builds some amazing machines and the CBR 150 is time tested and a great value. Just do the recommended service and they run forever.

Any chance you can get a new one? Very good finance terms available and if you can't qualify just put it in your wife's name. Buying used bikes in Thailand is always a gamble since you'll never know the bike's history. For example, a lot of people don't do the recommended service or pull the speedo cable so you have no way to know the real mileage.

The NSR is a sweet ride! Just 125cc can crank out 30 horesepower and it only weighs ~130kg! But it's a 2-stroke... Not sure if you're familiar with the difference between 2 and 4 stroke engines, but unless you are somewhat mechanically inclined I'd recomend you stay away from 2 stroke engines.

Good luck and happy trails!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

I personal would buy another CZ-i, and to make it a bit more sporty let it breath more air and look for a aftermarket exhaust. And to get the CZ-i really going, you can look for another small PGM-FI injection needle. For safety reasons you maybe want to change the tyres...

It is amazing what some parts of the fuel injection system intended for another Honda 125cc engine can do on a 110cc engine with enough to air to breath and easier exhaust. Sure you will not do 70km on a liter, but then you not get that on a Honda CBR-150R also. And what I said you probably want to change the tyres and sprocket also, as the maximum top speed will become seriously lethal and a few teeth up you still hit well over 110km/h easy and get much more power at the low end....

P.S. I hope I also hereby answered your PM... Sorry I not reply earlier....busy, lazy, no excuse...etc..

Edited by Richard-BKK

I personal would buy another CZ-i, and to make it a bit more sporty let it breath more air and look for a aftermarket exhaust. And to get the CZ-i really going, you can look for another small PGM-FI injection needle. For safety reasons you maybe want to change the tyres...

It is amazing what some parts of the fuel injection system intended for another Honda 125cc engine can do on a 110cc engine with enough to air to breath and easier exhaust. Sure you will not do 70km on a liter, but then you not get that on a Honda CBR-150R also. And what I said you probably want to change the tyres and sprocket also, as the maximum top speed will become seriously lethal and a few teeth up you still hit well over 110km/h easy and get much more power at the low end....

P.S. I hope I also hereby answered your PM... Sorry I not reply earlier....busy, lazy, no excuse...etc..

Thanks for the reply's guys.

On my current CZ-i i have been up to about 120km/h ( took looong time and down hill :D ) but at 90+ it starts to feel very unstable..( the guy in the shop i bought the bike told me its because its a very light bike and it can not go faster and i can not make it more stable ). I have change the tyres to wider ones, front ones are 70/90 and back 80/90 with tube. Its some thai brand, 350bht a piece ( recommend another brand, size, radial? ) also would mag wheels be better then the stock ones?. Im guessing the FI system needle u talk about is for the wave-i 125cc, can i buy that one on a local honda dealer or i have to go to a customize shop?

Also what exhaust would you recommend, i dont want one thats not legal but still have some sound to it? what sprocket ( front and back or just back one? ), so the sprocket should have less or more teeth then the stock ones? Is the stock chain enough for this? And the air intake, what would u recommend? Would new shockers make it any difference in the stability of the bike?

Sorry for all the questions, I dont have alot of experience with mechanics of bikes even though i have been riding them for a long time ( been lazy to learn and been driving stock all the time, kinda want to learn alittle bit now).

Also BigBikeBKK, could you pleace enlighten me of the difference of 2 and 4 stroke? the more i learn the better, I kinda like riding bikes with clutch and the CBR/NSR would be more comfy because i go from trang to phuket about 2-3 times in a month, dont want a car and a cruiser. :o

Thanks for the help and hopefully all the answers :D

i too hate that noise on two strokes but it can`t be changed with a different exhaust......you will always have that screaming and popping with alot off smoke blowing noise.......

That is the beauty of two strokes they say.....i have a NSR250 really fast bike but so much work to maintain and need to stock up on 2 stroke oil....

As bigbikebkk says stay away from two strokes.....too much to maintain.....

Edited by junki3korean

Ok so 2 stroke doesnt sound like anything for me then :o

If Richard will inform me some more about the stuff i asked him, i will seriously consider buying one more cz-i.

Funny thing with the shops here, I asked if they know where i can buy different parts and all they say is that, no have.. the motocyc to new, wait 1 month.. and 2 days later i see another cz-i with the same part i asked the dealer for. I will buy myself a motocycle magazine and point at the parts next time i go on a shopping run.

Regards

A

Hi phobic,

Look for stock (standard) Honda FI needle, for the exhaust the bike is indeed very new and not much exciting on sale what also pleases the eyes. But again if you go for a somewhat sporty 125cc exhaust and modify it so it fits the CZ-i you do fine.

For the legal part, all modification you do that involve engine, chassis, lights, electrics, fairing, drive system or wheels are illegal. I'm not sure but I would not be surprised if changing the color can get you into problems.

Right for the colour too bigbikeBKK,

You CAN change the colour of your bike... BUT you must make the change in your green book at the Transport Ministry Office.

Without the true indication of the colour on the green book, you are wrong in law!

About modifyng the specs of the bike: beware your insurance coverage! In case of an involvement in a serious (expensive) accident with third parties, "they" may investigate your bike from A to Z, and then...

Gobs

hello Gobs, yeah thats a good point. actually. I just bought CBR new one, and a CZ-i, so the modified CZ-i will be a project currently. I will post about the improvments countienusly here.

The cbr is a great ride, use it more for longer trips.

I prefer the CZ-i for market runs etc.

regards

/A