A Good Cookie

ricklev

I wish that they sold them somewhere convienient to me. :o

We had some sitting there for several days and finally their expiration date came up at which point they can become unstable. fortunately we had brought with us a team of thai children who wrapped their mouths around them and risked their own well being so that others wouldn't be exposed to dangerous calories and cholesterol. Thailand can be proud of these small heroes.

anyway, we will try again. actually we got an order for 10 of them to be delivered on Sunday to Rim Ping Nim City so we will bring them and a few additional ones as well. they are on offer at Rim Ping Nawarat and Rim Ping Mi Chok also. Also, Dao is now making them in a smaller size for those of us who don't have the courage to face a big one alone.

I should let you know that we are facing a crisis in our chocolate cookie manufacture. we were getting an astonishingly high quality chocolate at a very reasonable price. the supply of that chocolate has dried up. which means we either don't make the cookies or go with a more costly chocolate. if the latter, we probably will have to cut the amount of chips in the cookie. maybe we'll go with an even darker chocolate to make up in intensity what gets lost in volume.

• 1 year later...

I made a special trip to Rimping on that long awaited Sunday Eve but left broken hearted and cookieless for the shelves were bare. I vowed then and there never again to trust a promise of cookies and I'm a better but sadder man for it.

Bake and Bite does decent cheaply priced bake goods, but when it comes to chocolate cookies, I prefer the expensive ones with lots of butter and chocolate! :D

I agree with you, and that is the reason I don't like the chocolate cookies from The Dukes. They have only a few chips, and they raised their price from 30 baht to 60 baht :D

The Duke's chocolate chip cookies are huge and have more and better quality chocolate chips than before. They are well worth the increase in price. :)

I tried choc chips cookie from

+ Butter is better

+ Mrs Fields

+ Rimping's

+ The one in white paper bags

I think those from Rimping's are the best cookies.

I made a special trip to Rimping on that long awaited Sunday Eve but left broken hearted and cookieless for the shelves were bare. I vowed then and there never again to trust a promise of cookies and I'm a better but sadder man for it.

I DO have a fondness for butter cookies. I buy a 1 Kg bag of them at Tesco for 190 baht. Real butter DOES make cookies and shortbread better. Hang the price, I'm willing to pay for good quality!