Want To Buy A Motorbike

husskydog

Hi, been reading numerious threads on buying and reg`ing your own motor bike in your name on the forum...

I will be arriving soon and want to buy a big bike(possibly from red barron) but want to reg it in my name.

I will have a non "o" visa but thats about it, as i will be staying initially at my g/f parents house and not renting for a while what will i need to get the job done.

The same problem applies to get my thai driving liciences (bike and car), again not renting to start with and my international permit will run out on january comming...

Advice please on the best way forward, if it helps will be applying for thai driving licience at prakhon chai more than likely...regards :o

Hi

Just go for it, no problems, i just got a new bike with no WP it just cost 500B more, and the shop will do the paperwork, not even proof of address, have 4 bikes in my name now, never had a problem

Go to transport office with you IDL and change it for a Thai licence, just do a few test, nothing to worry about very easy.

Hi

Just go for it, no problems, i just got a new bike with no WP it just cost 500B more, and the shop will do the paperwork, not even proof of address, have 4 bikes in my name now, never had a problem

Go to transport office with you IDL and change it for a Thai licence, just do a few test, nothing to worry about very easy.

Thanks for the reply, it would appear yet again money talks....

Do you know for sure if Red Baron in BKK will this? thanks

Interesting HD- in Phuket you don't need proof of address? In Bangkok you certainly do. For Farang you can supply your Work Permit or a letter from your embassy. Without such documentation how would the Dept of Land Transport know what address to put on your Tabien Rot (Green Book)? They will also need copies of all relevant passport pages showing your visa details.

Drivers liscense is a piece of cake.

Happy Trails!

Hi

I think i live with the nice people from Yamaha, i don’t know, they fix everything, yes they get my passport for 2 days and all paperwork is OK, i give them my business card, but all is in my name, don’t think they care where you live, a lot of Farangs move around anyway, i have moved a few times but never changed address, another bike i live with the company there do my bike/car paperwork, BTW her husband is very high up in the police, and i live with them (on the paper)