How To Become Farang Police In Thailand?

MikeSR

hello i am a long time farang who is interested in serving a role as farang police in thailand. i see in other thread that farang police are now doing traffic stops and assisting in all matters of society and i am very interested in serving the general public. what is the farang police pecking order and what are some of the responsibilities bestowed upon them? what are possible rankings in the farang police force? i search google but nothing shows up. are farang police everywhere or just Pattaya? thank you i want to serve the farang and thai community.

hello i am a long time farang who is interested in serving a role as farang police in thailand. i see in other thread that farang police are now doing traffic stops and assisting in all matters of society and i am very interested in serving the general public. what is the farang police pecking order and what are some of the responsibilities bestowed upon them? what are possible rankings in the farang police force? i search google but nothing shows up. are farang police everywhere or just Pattaya? thank you i want to serve the farang and thai community.

:D:o:D:D:D:(:D

Forget it, unless you want to be looked upon as a lackey mate.

There is no such thing as 'farang police' and if there suddenly was the local populace would riot.

The closest thing is the rentacop/translation assistance in Pattaya.

I think you start off by staying in on Friday nights and trying to shed all other forms of life as we know it.

Cheers

my english is not to good. i dont understand your post.

Sorry, but decent English skills are a minimum requirement for this position. :o

There is no such thing as 'farang police' and if there suddenly was the local populace would riot.

yes i dont expect or want to be arresting thais i just want to work with thai police to help farang when they have trouble. writing tickets to farang traffic violators would be fine because that will keep the roads safer for everyone and save lives.

i see in other thread that farang police are now doing traffic stops and assisting in all matters of society and i am very interested in serving the general public.

It is interesting in itself that the apparent traffic stopping powers are what has triggered the OPs interest. Not a power trip then..?

I suggest you start with the volunteer police training manual:

TV031.jpg

i see in other thread that farang police are now doing traffic stops and assisting in all matters of society and i am very interested in serving the general public.

It is interesting in itself that the apparent traffic stopping powers are what has triggered the OPs interest. Not a power trip then..?

I suggest you start with the volunteer police training manual:

TV031.jpg

I guess that's what you did and still got rejected, eh? :o

:D

first you have to be a lonly loser with nothing better in your life in the land of smiles than being what you were in your own country.a jobsworth who likes to dress in a uniform. :o

My comments in blue.

Well put.

IMO, absolutely correct.

yes i dont expect or want to be arresting thais i just want to work with thai police to help farang when they have trouble. writing tickets to farang traffic violators would be fine because that will keep the roads safer for everyone and save lives.

Some suggestions if you stupidly wish to join this police "farce":

1] Be able to speak bloody good English as previously suggested ("bloody" in this case means "very").

2] Go to a "cop shop" (police station) & ask about the requirements involved in becoming a mutineer...oops, I mean "farang police officer".

3] Ask yourself, "What do cops (police) do in other countries? Are some cops exempt from becoming involved in violence? Are they simply "desk jockeys"? If I issue tickets to "farangs", is there a guarantee that a possible altercation may NOT result? What do I do if an altercation does result? Will I be required to perform acts of violence?"

4] If you want to help "farangs" & Thai people, there a million other ways in which to do so. Wearing a uniform may sound "fun" or "powerful" but at the end of the day, a balance of responsibility will occur.

I wore two uniforms over a period of about five years...Australian Air Force & Australian Navy. The "I am in a uniform...look at me" appeal wore off within about three months as the responsibilities of such soon became apparent.

IMO (in my opinion) do not assist an already heavily corrupt institution (Thai police).

There is not such a thing as a farang police officer,the only thing you can apply for is with the Tourist police to help with the language when a TOURIST has a problem and need help,there are still many tourist who don't speak english so they are lost when something happens thats way they want farangs to help,also the touristpolice is not there for farangs who live here with there big mouth but when they are in trouble they don't know how fast they have to run to the tourist police and screaming for help,when mama is running after them with a big knife.And after they are happy like a small kid when the tourist police saved there sorry arse.

Could be, but then we aren't on the inside of the station with the immigration jockeys who wield the stamps of power are we. TIT and anything can be pulled when the timing and obligation is there.

I'd need to hear this from more posters than just MC though

"foreign" police volunteer...is a more accurate and correct term.

I think you start off by staying in on Friday nights and trying to shed all other forms of life as we know it.

Cheers

Then follow up by trolling with your first post TV :o

Thank you for confirming the assessment at the end of the of first quote series.

Hopefully, it will assist in slowing down the number of responses and shortening the longevity of this thread's life.

I know that these farangs holding a position as volunteer police, have some pretty good visa assistance from their Thai comrades, extra long stay visa is very pleasing.

Ummm... Bullshite

Totster :o

How can you find that hard to believe?

In Thailand!?, Or do you imagine that these VP's are not involved in any hanky panki arrangements.

These volunteer police dudes are surrounded by visible corruption daily in massive scale, and working with corrupt cops does not make them, corrupted?

Or maybe these guys are so full of moral and ethic code that they shine like a true knight in shiny armor!

Well if so is the facto, then I must praise them, the mighty volunteer police force, the true knights of King Arthur’s sword.

Hail, Hail, Hail

MC

Edited by Master Chief