Motorcycle Green Book

Lancelot

My Green Book arrived!!!

On Nov 6 my Honda dealer called and told me that I could pick up my Green Book. I bought the bike n Sep 23, so I waited a little over 6 weeks as opposed to the 2 months I was first told. I'm ready to hit the road :o

I need some advice about the "Tax Sticker." I see some owners attach it to the outside of their bike while others keep it hidden (maybe under the seat?) Is there any advantage to attaching the sticker on the outside? Will this help deter the cops from stopping me to check papers? Or is it just a convience for other drivers?

Anyway, I am delighted to have the Green Book in my posession :D

HI

In Phuket police want the sticker on the bike, i have them in my pocket, they complain all the time about it but nothing happened so far, no ticket, why i have it on me, if the bike get stolen and the police stop the bike and they can’t show the sticker they are fuc_k.d, can’t drive away. That’s what i hope anyway, only have the sticker on my small bikes, under the seat.

My Green Book arrived!!!

On Nov 6 my Honda dealer called and told me that I could pick up my Green Book. I bought the bike n Sep 23, so I waited a little over 6 weeks as opposed to the 2 months I was first told. I'm ready to hit the road :o

I need some advice about the "Tax Sticker." I see some owners attach it to the outside of their bike while others keep it hidden (maybe under the seat?) Is there any advantage to attaching the sticker on the outside? Will this help deter the cops from stopping me to check papers? Or is it just a convience for other drivers?

Anyway, I am delighted to have the Green Book in my posession :D

Yes sticker to the outside has the advantage that it get stolen by people who don't have money to pay their tax and insurance.

Under seat on the scoots.. Never once been told thats not good enough.. Have a little 'holder' thing for the bandit, down on rear end.

To be honest, the cops here seem to treat you better due to Thai licenses too, the hordes of tourists without them get much more scrutiny and are the cash cow they milk all day. Really does get noticeable goodwill from them most of the time.

why i have it on me, if the bike get stolen and the police stop the bike and they can't show the sticker they are fuc_k.d, can't drive away.

Hey- that's a VERY good idea HD! clap.gif I'm taking my sticker off and going to carry in my wallet from now on. :o

Edited by BigBikeBKK

By the way...

One day, I asked a policeman, and as said already the thai owner of a bike shop I know, he told me that the law is: sticked to the bike! No holder, not under the seat, not in the pocket or a wallet...

Tax ticket have to be seen "at the first sight".

:o But I used holders for my bikes! And never had a problem with this yet...

Cheers,

Gobs