Uk Pound V's Baht?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any forecast for the exchange rate between the pound and baht in the next months.

I understand the US dollar is and will get stronger against all currencies, but what about the pound against baht?

I have some UK pounds in cash here and was wondering if it would be better to change them to baht now , or in a few months??

The pound seems to have fallen these last months....but will it become stronger against asian currencies given the world financial problems?

any help would be great

I would imagine that in afew months it will get better.. no obama is president then we can all expect change just like he said...im looki forward to the next year..big change is coming and i forecast the pound will be 75 in 6 months

wow 75 in 6 months.........have you been on the wacky baccy.

my tuppence worth is that it will improve but will take a long while to get to the upper 60s....dont think will ever see 75 in my lifetime(next 10 yrs)

I would imagine that in afew months it will get better.. no obama is president then we can all expect change just like he said...im looki forward to the next year..big change is coming and i forecast the pound will be 75 in 6 months

You must be counting on a massive devaluation of the baht if you think that the Pound will ever get back to those levels :o because the Pound will continue to lose ground to the Dollar for the foreseeable future. On another thread here on thaivisa there is talk about the Pound and Euro eventually reaching parity, I don't see that happening for quite some time, but I wouldn't rule that eventuality out :D The U.K. is in far worse shape than the U.S. or for that matter just about any of the E.U. nations.

I coming for 3 months in 3 weeks from England and it pains me to see the exchange rate. I think the pound with its problems is good value at 60b, it dropped to that at the start of the year when the BOE starting cutting rates. Whats going on at the moment is to do with the Dollar strength and the Baht being un-offically pegged to it. The Dollar strength is most certainly not based on fundamentals thats for sure and many are predicting it to change, also maybe the baht will be devauled by BOT????? Lots of if and buts and maybe's. The pound is undervalued agaisnt the baht though for sure.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article7171.html

I think for my coming trip i will have to bite the bullet, but hey its better than staying in the UK!

:o

Is there any chance that you would be willing to exchange £10,000 with me now at 70 baht to the pound? You could make a handsome profit in 6 months.

The pound is strugglin im with ya on that and i was prbaly a tad ambitious say 75 in 6 months s0o i m gonna extend it t 1 year but mark ny7 words now the dude has promised change then i have faith especially as the only 2 english channels i have is fox news and eurosport so i am expectin change just like obama promises. but please keep the faith in the pound, we love it

The pound is strugglin im with ya on that and i was prbaly a tad ambitious say 75 in 6 months s0o i m gonna extend it t 1 year but mark ny7 words now the dude has promised change then i have faith especially as the only 2 english channels i have is fox news and eurosport so i am expectin change just like obama promises. but please keep the faith in the pound, we love it

Sadly for you my friend, Obamas change will result in tougher trade policies in the U.S., in other words for the U.K. to remain competitive it will need to have a weak currency and low interest rates for many years to come. :o Should the BOT not devalue the baht then I would just get use to an exchange rate at around 55 or a little less for the foreseeable future, to wish for 75 or give some of those listening hope that 75 will occur in a years time is a very mean trick.

Sadly for you my friend, Obamas change will result in tougher trade policies in the U.S., in other words for the U.K. to remain competitive it will need to have a weak currency and low interest rates for many years to come. :o Should the BOT not devalue the baht then I would just get use to an exchange rate at around 55 or a little less for the foreseeable future, to wish for 75 or give some of those listening hope that 75 will occur in a years time is a very mean trick.

Go easy mate its just my view aind i cant see into the future but what i can tell ya know thatthere is more chance of the pound gettin to 75 than there is t people listening to this thread

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any forecast for the exchange rate between the pound and baht in the next months.

I understand the US dollar is and will get stronger against all currencies, but what about the pound against baht?

I have some UK pounds in cash here and was wondering if it would be better to change them to baht now , or in a few months??

The pound seems to have fallen these last months....but will it become stronger against asian currencies given the world financial problems?

any help would be great

Reckon on it staying around the 50-55 range for a long time now, probably years.

Back in the 1990's GBP was 38-40 to THB, that's when the UK was in recession and Thailand in mega-boom until 1997, when it went to 100 THB.

The other poster's are correct in saying the UK is in far worse shape than the US. The UK had to face up to the last decade of financial lunacy some time and that time has come.

No where, especially not Thailand will escape the global economic depression. Basically it's the failure of fiat currency.

To those who think Obama will bring change. I don't think so. More tax, more protectionism, perhaps even more war. Reckon a lot of people will be very disappointed in a few years time. That celebration of Obama's victory reminded me of May 4th, 1997 when New Labour won "the only way is up . . . da, da, for you and me".

Hi,

any help would be great

Reckon on it staying around the 50-55 range for a long time now, probably years.

Back in the 1990's GBP was 38-40 to THB, that's when the UK was in recession and Thailand in mega-boom until 1997, when it went to 100 THB.

The other poster's are correct in saying the UK is in far worse shape than the US. The UK had to face up to the last decade of financial lunacy some time and that time has come.

No where, especially not Thailand will escape the global economic depression. Basically it's the failure of fiat currency.

To those who think Obama will bring change. I don't think so. More tax, more protectionism, perhaps even more war. Reckon a lot of people will be very disappointed in a few years time. That celebration of Obama's victory reminded me of May 4th, 1997 when New Labour won "the only way is up . . . da, da, for you and me".

Your not comparing apples with apples though are you. Back in the 90's is different to now. Thailand is going suffer and suffer hard the same as the rest of us if you think the baht is going to carry on flying high, dream on its not the Dollar or the Yen. The baht will get devalued at some point the fundamentals are not there to keep it high.

Edited by neil324

Hi,

any help would be great

Your not comparing apples with apples though are you. Back in the 90's is different to now. Thailand is going suffer and suffer hard the same as the rest of us if you think the baht is going to carry on flying high, dream on its not the Dollar or the Yen. The baht will get devalued at some point the fundamentals are not there to keep it high.

Neil,

You found me.

HPC?

Hi,

any help would be great

Neil,

You found me.

HPC?

Whats your name on their?

Hi,

any help would be great

Neil,

You found me.

HPC?

P

A

R

R

Y

Hi,

any help would be great

Neil,

You found me.

HPC?

P

A

R

R

Y

LOL, thought it was. Its sad i know im chasing around for a glimer of hope. At some point i'll give up talking up the pound or talking the baht down :o

Hi,

any help would be great

Neil,

You found me.

HPC?

P

A

R

R

Y

LOL, thought it was. Its sad i know im chasing around for a glimer of hope. At some point i'll give up talking up the pound or talking the baht down :o

It's okay dude, we'll have to suffer it for a while. I've used it as an excuse to stop the old woman spending like we're the Parry's of Fifth Avenue.

Expect sub 50 baht per Pound within three months, don't expect it to see above 60 for several years, if ever.

Make you right on that one. Could see the old days of 38-40 THB yet.

The UK is in dire trouble, both economically and socially. I'm here at the moment due back next week, and I can tell you it feels desolate. It's like the guts have been ripped from the place, has no direction or meaning. Strange situation, a sort of numb limbo, a negative 'G' force before the almighty fall the place is about to experience.

I'm watching the FOREX market by the hour ready for a volatile spike, which as Neil has said to me before (on another site), is likely to happen. If it does, it won't be for much and it won't be for long, perhaps a 12 hour period. Spot trade may just save the day. Here's hoping.