My Non-b And Me.

I recently was in Canada (Vancouver) and applied for a 1 year Non-B visa with multiple entries.

What I was given was a Non-B three month single entry (I need to leave the country again for 2 weeks).

When asked, I was told that this can be sorted out at the Thai immigration office (In Thailand).

Any others have this issue? Solution?

Edited by MMR

What documents did you submit to the consulate when you applied for your visa. Most official Thai consulates will not issue multiple entry B visas. Some honorary consulates will though.

In order to stay here longer without leaving you will need a work permit to get an extension of stay.

To get a muultiple entry B visa at KL you would also need a work permit. With a letter of invitation or the reciept for a work permit application nearby consulates will issue single entry B visa's.

When you arrive in Thailand with your single-entry non-B visa you will receive permission to stay for 90 days. To leave and re-enter Thailand during this 90-day period you can get a re-entry permit from any immigration office and upon your return to Thailand you will receive permission to stay until the same date as you received when you first entered with your non-B visa, ie the re-entry permit keeps that 90-day period alive.

--

Maestro

What documents did you submit to the consulate when you applied for your visa. Most official Thai consulates will not issue multiple entry B visas. Some honorary consulates will though.

In order to stay here longer without leaving you will need a work permit to get an extension of stay.

To get a muultiple entry B visa at KL you would also need a work permit. With a letter of invitation or the reciept for a work permit application nearby consulates will issue single entry B visa's.

No nearby consulate gives Non-b with "letter of invitation", must have WP or WP3.