Marrying My Teerak In Thailand

OJAS

According to the British Embassy website there are 4 stages involved:-

1. Obtain the affirmation in person from the British Embassy in Bangkok

2. Have the affirmation translated into Thai

3. Official’s signature and certification of the Thai translation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)

4. Submit the document to the Amphur Registrar

My queries relate to stage 3. Can the necessary signature and certification be obtained from the MFA by post? Or does one need to turn up at the Ministry in person (between 8.30am and 3.30pm according to the British Embassy website)?

The British Embassy website refers to a fee being payable to the MFA. How much is this fee at the moment, and do the MFA only accept payment in cash?

I got an agency to do part 3 for me and post it to Pattaya having done the Embassy/translation bit first ...there are always people hanging about the translation offices opposite the Embassy that will do it

I got an agency to do part 3 for me and post it to Pattaya having done the Embassy/translation bit first ...there are always people hanging about the translation offices opposite the Embassy that will do it

Thanks, MickA. Grateful for details of the agency you used - was it 1 of those people in the translation offices?

MickA is correct, there are many agencies. I personally used Global Inter-visa Migration & Travel Co. I don't work or them, I'm not a sponsor, I don't get any kickbacks... I just used them and they are terrific. I dealt with a lady named Chawanthorn (Miss Cha). They're dependable and honest. They are located about 100 yards away from the American Embassy. Their phone number is (662) 252-3751.

112 Maxim House Bldg.

301A Wireless Rd.

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok, 10330 Thailand

Good luck... it's not that bad of a process.

MickA is correct, there are many agencies. I personally used Global Inter-visa Migration & Travel Co. I don't work or them, I'm not a sponsor, I don't get any kickbacks... I just used them and they are terrific. I dealt with a lady named Chawanthorn (Miss Cha). They're dependable and honest. They are located about 100 yards away from the American Embassy. Their phone number is (662) 252-3751.

112 Maxim House Bldg.

301A Wireless Rd.

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok, 10330 Thailand

Good luck... it's not that bad of a process.

I used them as well-very efficent and highly recommended