Quad's / Atv's

whittler

I would like to know if ATV's are street legal out in Rayong / Ban Chang , Cha Am . I am 67 with bad knees, but thought

an ATV would work for me, or a trike, but have not seen one.

whittler

Try one by all means, but in my opinion they're a sinister contraption. Used one for a day once on Koh Samet a few years back, dam_n awful thing. Clunky, loud and refused to go round corners. All in all not an enjoyable experience, especially for the wife who ended up sitting on the parcel shelf, whilst No.1 daughter sat on the fuel tank, it was ridiculous.

By all accounts they are expensive too. How about a small automatic car like a Corsa?

Edited by MJP

Hi whittler, forget the quad bike. There are far superior vehicles for you to use. Electric mobility scooters.

post-63954-1226206966.jpg

Should be abled to get one by mail order. They usually come in a carton, take the carton off it, screw on the mirrors and parcel carrier, plug it in to charge the batteries, when the dashboard light goes out ease it off the cardboard base (usually sits up about 75mm) and enjoy it for the next several years. Recharging as needed.

Bigger wheel models and 4 wheel drives are available. Most can do up to 15kph and depending on battery capacity and terrain you could get 50 kilometers per charge...maybe 60.

I just did a check to see whats current.

My mum had one of these with the 12" wheels

post-63954-1226207681_thumb.jpg

The Breeze has 17" wheels

post-63954-1226207700_thumb.jpg

This one is 4x4. But the down side is it's only got 35kilometer range.

post-63954-1226207755_thumb.jpg

Edited by BSJ