Clark (angeles Philippines) To Bangkok With Cebu Pacific

davee58

Cebu Pacific have now succesfully opened their new international hub at the Clark airport in the Philippines. This airport is in close proximity to the nightlife of Angeles City.

Regular flights serve Bangkok, Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. The Bangkok service is three times weekly, on Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

I was on the first Clark to Bangkok flight yesterday, and all went well. The three hour flight departed on time and offered good value. Hopefully Cebu Pacific will make a success of this route.

post-7529-1226232262_thumb.jpg

Link:

Cebu Pacific Announcement

Note:

- Only instant 3-in-1 coffee is available at Clark airport, so if you need a fix, drink at your hotel or settle for a San-Mig light instead.

- Cebu-Pacific had their usual on-board drinks and snack service, but would only take US Dollars, not Baht or Peso. Sales were rather low!

- In Bangkok the baggage was delivered on a belt indicating the flight is from "Luzon Island", sounds rather exotic. :o

- Baggage allowance of 15Kg check-in and 7Kg carry on is a bit tight.

post-7529-1226232583_thumb.jpg

Memories, memories your post brings back. I was at Clark when it was still a U.S. Air Force base and Angeles City was a wild west party town. I know the number of bars has decreased significantly from old'en days, but my military buddies say they are still plenty of bars and it's still a very nice place to visit (i.e., party in).

What happens in Angeles City; stays in Angeles City--unless it's something you have to get cured later back at home. :o

I see that the fare is 955 thai baht out and 795 thai baht return, wow book book nook,

But wait, no no no.

Taxes and fuel surcharge 3479 thai baht out and 2779 thai baht return. All adds up tp 8008 thai baht.

I ask you, how can they quote return fare of 1750 and charges of 6258. I wonder how many fall for this pricing policy.

Still 8k not too bad I guess.

I see that the fare is 955 thai baht out and 795 thai baht return, wow book book nook,

But wait, no no no.

Taxes and fuel surcharge 3479 thai baht out and 2779 thai baht return. All adds up tp 8008 thai baht.

I ask you, how can they quote return fare of 1750 and charges of 6258. I wonder how many fall for this pricing policy.

Still 8k not too bad I guess.

Yes, I got ZERO fare from Clark to Bangkok, but it still came to 8,500 peso for two people one way.

But look at how other low cost airlines operate, all the same, try to get the headline price, then whap the extras on afterwards.

I prefer to pay a fair price, good service, no problems, and a smile, rather than fearing excess baggage fees and stroppy staff.

But anyway, 8008 Baht return is a VERY good deal, especially for those heading over to Angeles. When I was booking, Thai airways had gone stupid with their prices, and, avoiding Manila is excellent.

Edited by davee58

Memories, memories your post brings back. I was at Clark when it was still a U.S. Air Force base and Angeles City was a wild west party town. I know the number of bars has decreased significantly from old'en days, but my military buddies say they are still plenty of bars and it's still a very nice place to visit (i.e., party in).

Absolutely right.

I was there last Songkran Holiday, had a great time. Spent my birthday weekend there three weekends back, another great time. Looking forward to getting there again soon.

Yeap, Fields Avenue has always been the party hub in Angeles City. For those who haven't been there, the avenue is just outside the Clark main entrance (or Checkpoint as they called it in old'en days). And from Fields Avenue it's not too far (easy walking distance) to many other bars/hotels. And for those bars/hotels a little further away, it won't take many peso to quickly get there in a Jeepny (local mini bus) or a variety of other cheap and quick public transportation. And plan on the great majority of the folks speaking pretty good English, as Filipino and English are the two official languages in the P.I.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know if there is bus service from Clark airport directly to Manila after Cebu Pacifics Bangkok-Clark flight. (which lands around 20.35 in the evening)

I know there are busses after other flights but is there bus after this flight?

What happens in Angeles City; stays in Angeles City--unless it's something you have to get cured later back at home. :o

U r right mate - Angeles has a character of its own .... vs Manila /Bkk .....15 years ago it was hot ! Time to re-visit..good memories, certainly....

Does anybody know if there is bus service from Clark airport directly to Manila after Cebu Pacifics Bangkok-Clark flight. (which lands around 20.35 in the evening)

there is. it's a Philtranco shuttle service to Manila.

just in case you couldn't catch it, you may proceed to Dau from the airport. From Dau, there are dozens of bus services going to Manila.

Why wouldn't you fly direct to Manila then? This doesn't make sense to me.

BTW-am here in Angeles now, flew the BKK-Clark flight and it was great. Airplane was roomy, flight went quickly, and I was on the Avenue partying by 10:30pm.

Has anyone had any luck booking online with CP using a non-Philippine based bank credit card? A few months ago I tried to book using a USA card and it would never complete the transaction. I read from others that their site doesn't except foreign credit cards for payment.

I want to go BKK-Clark return next month and would like to book online if possible. In the alternative, did you guys book with their representatives in Bangkok listed on their website?

Has anyone had any luck booking online with CP using a non-Philippine based bank credit card? A few months ago I tried to book using a USA card and it would never complete the transaction. I read from others that their site doesn't except foreign credit cards for payment.

I want to go BKK-Clark return next month and would like to book online if possible. In the alternative, did you guys book with their representatives in Bangkok listed on their website?

I use my Thai Kasikorn bank K-card which is a web based "virtual" card. Works fine on the CP site.

• 2 weeks later...

if your Master card is not with a MASTER CARD SECURE CODE or your VISA card is not VERIFIED BY VISA (mine unfortunately isnt, but my other Mastercard already has the secure code-syste, thanks god), then you will not be able to use it on CEB's website.

BTW, there has been a LOT of trouble in the past with stolen CC-details while making a booking on CEB's website.

it was suspected that some CEB staff were involved in that. the Philippine-messageboards are full with such postings.

though, it seemed to be okay nowadays. i booked several international as well as domestic flights with them during the past 6 months, and things went smoothly.

but be forewarned: its some kind of a RIP-OFF-AIRLINE. while their domestic flights can sometimes be incredibly cheap (equiv. of 500 Baht incl. taxes), their international flights are ridiculously expensive for a so-called "budget-carrier". they still charge fuel surcharges as if the kerosene is charged at 170 $ per barrel, whereas virtually all other airlines have reduced or completely dropped those surcharges.