Financing Vs Cash

ArranP

Hello,

My Thai Wife, new born daughter and myself are relocating to Thailand next year.

What are the typical financing deals available in Thailand when buying new and second-hand cars?

I can get approx a 10% return on my money. I'm considering whether to use cash or financing when buying a car.

Thank you.

Regards

Arran.

Edited by ArranP

Hello,

My Thai Wife, new born daughter and myself are relocating to Thailand next year.

What are the typical financing deals available in Thailand when buying new and second-hand cars?

I can get approx a 10% return on my money. I'm considering whether to use cash or financing when buying a car.

Thank you.

Regards

Arran.

Tell us where you can get 10% on your money. You are likely not eligible for financing here.

Hello,

Thank you.

Regards

Arran.

Tell us where you can get 10% on your money. You are likely not eligible for financing here.

Hello,

Thank you.

Regards

Arran.

Brandeaux Student Accomodation Fund, based in Sterling, its invested in key worker and student accomodation therefore gives a steady return, approx 10%, you can find it on www.bloomberg.com or www.morningstar.co.uk. Not correlated with the stock market.

Hello,

Thank you.

Regards

Arran.

Cash is king! :o

If your missus has her name on a house book then she can probably get financing with a guarantor with about 20% deposit if she has some bank book with a regular sum going into it (say 40k per month or more).

You can perhaps get financing if you put down 40%. Garages can "FIX" things. You may or may not need a guarantor.

Interest in LOS is flat rate on the amount and not depreciating balance. Thus, the rates quoted are about half what you would pay on APR.

e.g. Borrow 1,000,000 at 10% over 4 years and you pay 100k a year. Even in year 4 when you have paid back 750k of the amount you originally borrowed.

2nd hand is a no no and finance is much higher. Buy new (you seem to be able to afford it) and get trouble free motoring. Buy Japanese as well. IMports and Euro cars cost a bomb here.