Saving The Nation!

jumnien

I was just wondering what the more astute Thai cultural experts thought of this novel view espoused by Mr. Sondhi and his inner cadre.

Full text in today's Nation.

"I must thank the women of the PAD because after [the tacks] were pulled out, to ensure they would not be replaced, they took sanitary napkins from menstruating women and placed them on the six points.

"Experts said the spirit adepts were furious because they could not send their spirits back; their magic was rendered ineffective."

Ideas about the fearful power of female sexuality are fundamental to a structure of male supremacy. In both Buddhism and supernaturalism, males are privileged in acquiring superior spiritual status. Only men can become Buddhist monks. Only men can draw yantra diagrams, activate amulets, utter incantations and use all the other techniques of saiyasat.

But female sexuality poses a terrifying threat to these powers. Thus monks have to remain celibate and avoid contact with women. Serious adherents of saiyasat also practice celibacy. Casual users remove their amulets before lovemaking to prevent their efficacy from getting annulled.

Menstrual blood is the most powerful symbol of this terrible, destructive power. There are rules and conventions about avoiding contact with this fearful force. In the past there were many restrictions involving women's underwear. But Sondhi is possibly breaking new ground by making active use of this substance as a weapon.

Since the clip of this speech made it to YouTube (search for "Sondhi"), contributors to several blogsites have concluded that Sondhi is "mad". Certainly he seems befuddled. Clearly he is espousing narrow-minded chauvinist prejudices about Thailand's neighbours and about women. Possibly his efforts to defend the capital's sacred sites are a form of desecration. The police, Fine Arts Department and Bangkok governor's office went to inspect the Equestrian Statue on the day after Sondhi's revelation, but no proceedings have been launched.

Sondhi concluded this part of his speech by asking: "We're talking about saving the nation. Is this part of saving the nation?"

I dont know if stranger things have happened in Thailand! Sondhi is fast turning himself into a self styled guru, I truely believe his beef is with Thaskin and not with his intention to save the nation, it's for this reason I so passionately hate what PAD stand for. I was in Rachadameon in '91 and gave the greatest respect to M.Gen Chamlong at the time, but I am no sheep, I don't not believe in his cause this time. He needs to spend a little more time looking inward at himself rather than associating with this ever increasingly bizaar group. There are those here that believe in the cause of PAD, well and good to you, but in reality, it is very dangerous the type of obsessive behaviour we have seen in and around PAD conpounds with this just being another bazaar one up there with the "Jonestown" incident of beyond rational behaviour!

The Nation publishes a lot of retarded articles these days but that one takes the cake.

Only men can draw yantra diagrams, activate amulets, utter incantations and use all the other techniques of saiyasat. But female sexuality poses a terrifying threat to these powers. Thus monks have to remain celibate and avoid contact with women.

:D:o

Isn't there a brand called "Panty PADS"

Wonder if they are interested in a sponsorship deal.

Was thinking along the same lines. Gives a whole new meaning to Sanitary PADs.

Wondering what they'll pull out next :D

Tampons?

:o

The whole article is about "spirit wars" and it's the second time Chang Noi wrote about it.

People take their religion and culture seriously on both sides and both sides resrot to "black magic". It's believed that Thaksin and his followers use "Khmer" deities and powers (assossiated with Hindu Goddess Kali) to attack Thai gods that come from Vishnu side - Brahma, Garuda, Ganesh and so on.

If you think it's all just some idolatry and superstition and a bunch of old rocks and stones carved in various shapes, the response would be predictable - Sondhi has gone mad.

On the other hand, intentionally desecrating deities to prevent opposing side from applying their powers is a bizarre but clever idea. I don't know how much mercy Sondhi expects from Rama V statue for stuffing his basement with bloody napkins, I hope Sondhi calculated the risks first and got his own ass covered, spirit wise.

I don't know how much mercy Sondhi expects from Rama V statue for stuffing his basement with bloody napkins

Isn't this lèse majesté? Unbelievalbe. I should stop wondering... I read about this in a blog yesterday and didn't believe it. But still, it seems to be true.

Sondhi, chamlong and their nutty crew really get into this stuff. Here is something from two years back.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/03/15...es_20002785.php

12:04 am: Two senators - Karun Sai-ngarm and Pichet Phattanachote lead the protesters to curse Thaksin in response to a superstitious rite they says Thaksin is having a Cambodian witchdoctor perform in Buri Ram.

Karun asks the crowd to put Thaksin's photos or name under women's crotch and curse him three times.

Karun asks women to stand up for putting Thaksin's name and photos under their legs. Karun and Pichet lead the crowd to curse Thaksin three times.

They ask the crowd to curse Thaksin to leave office, and flee Thailand to Singapore.

Sondhi, chamlong and their nutty crew really get into this stuff. Here is something from two years back.

12:04 am: Two senators - Karun Sai-ngarm and Pichet Phattanachote lead the protesters to curse Thaksin in response to a superstitious rite they says Thaksin is having a Cambodian witchdoctor perform in Buri Ram.

Karun asks the crowd to put Thaksin's photos or name under women's crotch and curse him three times.

Karun asks women to stand up for putting Thaksin's name and photos under their legs. Karun and Pichet lead the crowd to curse Thaksin three times.

They ask the crowd to curse Thaksin to leave office, and flee Thailand to Singapore.

It worked!

He did flee didn't he? Now they say he shouldn't have and want him back?!@$#$

Maybe they will get their wish and he will come back. But if he comes back to take charge of the country, they will then ask him to flee again.

Bpai maa, bpai maa. Can't win with the PAD can you.

Sondhi, check he isn't under your bed tonight...

Hmm??? Let's see.... Sondhi is obsessed with used sanitary napkins and he is constantly screaming in rage-filled foaming at the mouth fits. He named his group of psychos against democracy the PAD. Maybe he is suffering an over-abundance of estrogen and is in a state of permanent menstruation himself? Let's hope its just a period he's going thru.

Just his trick. He knows the PAD (or tampon) can't stay long and he'll go to jail so he's doing this to show he has mental problems. They will send the mad man into a hospital instead.

Edited by Koo82

Just his trick. He knows the PAD (or tampon) can't stay long and he'll go to jail so he's doing this to show he has mental problems. They will send the mad man into a hospital instead.

Could this be moved to the Jokes section, I've been in fits for the last 10 minutes.

Here here to the "panty PAD's" 5555555555555555555 555555555555555555555 (for the westernser here that dont understand the fives, say five five five...... in Thai repeatedly)