Moving Stuff To Cr

JoeKing

Hello:

Does anyone know the deal to put boxes,bags , etc on a bus from bangkok to CR? Approx cost etc? Will they do this? I am moving to CR and flying up but too much stuff to bring via Air Asia.

Advice appreciated....

I am responding, without giving all the details; please forgive this. Search the forum for further details.

I have read several postings on the CM forum of members who have sent via Thai Post large boxes, packages, etc. direct from BKK at the Thai Post branch at the airport.

I also know it is possible to send a motorcycle (yes a motorcycle) between major Thai Post hubs (ex: Surat Thani to Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen to Hat Yai, etc.).

Thai Post is the ticket. When you arrive in Swampy, find the Thai Post branch. Mail your stuff. Cheap, reliable.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Thais regularly sending boxes by bus tour operations. Just simply asking the rate of charge at one of the bus agency to Chiang Rai like Siam First Tour or Sombat Tour (they are most well known). You will be charge for the weight of the boxes of course. The boxes will be dropped off according to the route they passing or they will be stocking at their bus office in Chiang Rai (final destination). If you have any one in Chiang Rai to picking it up for you then you might need to address your boxes in receiver name or you can picking up yourself. Just tell what you have in mind about picking up the things because this is not so difficult process at all.

Edited by konjianghai

Thais regularly sending boxes by bus tour operations. Just simply asking the rate of charge at one of the bus agency to Chiang Rai like Siam First Tour or Sombat Tour (they are most well known). You will be charge for the weight of the boxes of course. The boxes will be dropped off according to the route they passing or they will be stocking at their bus office in Chiang Rai (final destination). If you have any one in Chiang Rai to picking it up for you then you might need to address your boxes in receiver name or you can picking up yourself. Just tell what you have in mind about picking up the things because this is not so difficult process at all.

Thank you. Will check it out.

Thank you. Will check it out.

Good luck with the move and welcome to Chiang Rai. :o

We sent our stuff the other way, from CM, using a trucking company who picked it up at the front door and dropped it of at the destination. Everything arrived intact and on time and wasn't all that expensive. it was a single big package about 100Kg.

Hello: Does anyone know the deal to put boxes,bags , etc on a bus from bangkok to CR? Approx cost etc? Will they do this? I am moving to CR and flying up but too much stuff to bring via Air Asia. Advice appreciated....

I used Nim See Seng when I moved from CR to the south. They have offices in many parts of LoS, including BKK and will ship door-to-door at no extra cost. Fast, reasonably priced and certainly more secure than the bus system. No need to guess when your shipment will arrive at the bus terminal (if it ever does!), then hire additional help to deliver it to your place of residence. And if you don't have a set address in CR yet, they will hold the shipment for you at their depot in town for up to a week or so at no additional cost.

Nim See Seng

(Thai language only, their brochures are better. Look up their BKK address in your local Thai Yellow Pages and check them out. Highly recommended over the unsecure Thai bus system or post office...)

Edited by TakingAVacation

Hello:

Does anyone know the deal to put boxes,bags , etc on a bus from bangkok to CR? Approx cost etc? Will they do this? I am moving to CR and flying up but too much stuff to bring via Air Asia.

Advice appreciated....

I am responding, without giving all the details; please forgive this. Search the forum for further details.

I have read several postings on the CM forum of members who have sent via Thai Post large boxes, packages, etc. direct from BKK at the Thai Post branch at the airport.

I also know it is possible to send a motorcycle (yes a motorcycle) between major Thai Post hubs (ex: Surat Thani to Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen to Hat Yai, etc.).

Thai Post is the ticket. When you arrive in Swampy, find the Thai Post branch. Mail your stuff. Cheap, reliable.

Yes that is indeed simple...I went to the post office at sukhumvit and soi 4 and they say no problem...fyi, cost is 200 baht for 20 kg , 210 baht for 30 kg, 280 baht for 40 kg....they say takes about 5 days...works for me...thanks again for all advice...

Good luck, and I hope this helps.