Just Moved To Jomtien With A Baby

TripleB

Hi all,

My husband and I have just moved here from London with a 1yr old baby daughter. What we've discovered so far is that there's really not much for little ones to do during the day. i used to taking my baby to playgroups every week back in England and i sense that she's a little bored at home with no other children around. we've tried taking her to play arcade at Carrefour but i wasn't really impressed.

I'd be grateful for any advice or recommendations. Also, are there any young families out there who meet up?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Hi all,

My husband and I have just moved here from London with a 1yr old baby daughter. What we've discovered so far is that there's really not much for little ones to do during the day. i used to taking my baby to playgroups every week back in England and i sense that she's a little bored at home with no other children around. we've tried taking her to play arcade at Carrefour but i wasn't really impressed.

I'd be grateful for any advice or recommendations. Also, are there any young families out there who meet up?

I suggest you take a look at sukhumvit about 200 meters passed the bangkok-pattaya hospital.They have a pre-kindergarten "school" or however you should call it.I never stopped at it but it might be what you are looking for.

We lived in Jomtien when the missus was expecting but we decided to move past Sukhumvit as the condo was a no no (17th floor) and we also saw that it was predominantly expats with no kids and tourists. Past Sukhumvit (known as the Dark Side) there are many more families. Location depend upon your budget of course.

We're out of town now but would look for some play groups around this time (baby is 13 months) and something more formal from about 18 months. Sorry but don't know; interested though.

If you are in Jomtien, there is a playgroup / pre school nursery?? located between Chaiyapruek road and soi Wat Boon on sukhumvit, cant remember the name but you will see the signs, not frar from the bridge, about opposite school #7.

Yeah thats the problem here in pattaya no play grounds or parks where u can take your family and kids,we live on the east side of sukumvit too,our kids 7 yrs and

14 mts,if u want a good seafood and playground go to bang saray beach about 15 k from jomtiem [turn right after noock nook gardens]off sukumvit,

the other.... is at the very end of soi nemplumwaan,and turn right past the school,jogging park and playground,

i would have thought city hall would have put a park at bali hai park and budda hill behind it,they are building something up there but dont know what.

otherwise u come to the darkside and find a village with pool and playground which there are plenty of.

thais tend to play after 5pm because they dont like the sun and heat.

the kids love bang saray as its under trees and on the beach almost,and that seafood resturant on the water is the cheapest and best and freshest,around.

cat

Hi all,

The sole purpose of spending about 6 months worth of holidays in Pattaya, Jomtien (over 4 years) was to take my kid to Pattaya Water Park, day in day out, all day.

There are pools for kids of all ages. You can google it.

For a quick view, check here and here.