Thunderbird Mail File

JJDinsay

Bought new computer but forgot to export my Thunderbird mailbox and now using it on new one. But I still have the HD and have plugged it in using external USB housing. Where can I find my old Thunderbird mailbox. Can I just copy it using the import?

thanks

Thunderbird stores your user data in this location for Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla Thunderbird

On Win XP the actual inbox, any subfolders and all messages you previously had will be in this directory:

Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<random string>\Mail\<incoming mail servername for account>

On Win98 try here:

Windows\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\<random string>\Mail\<incoming mail servername for account>

My versions of Thunderbird don't add "mozilla" to the "Thunderbird" directory name, but don't be confused if it is present. The "default" directory is only present on my Win 98.

The <random string> isa sequence of letters and numbers, and might have an extension like ".slt" or ".default", depending on the release of Thunderbird you use. Release 1.0 is now available, and recommended.

The <incoming mail servername for account> may look something like "pop.loxinfo.co.th" or similar.

Cheers