Save The Apostrophe...............

Nongwahyay

th_kill_the_apostrophe_logo.jpg

:o:D :D :D

Like it thithi, like it!

And why can't non Thailand topics be discussed on TV? Doesn't do any harm, does it?

You, as in you, can discuss non-Thailand Topics, just head off to Forum 47.

Moss

What is Forum 47 when it's at home?

Forum 47, aka Bedlam, a private forum open to posters with more than 500 posts. Go there and have a real good time!

Every now and then, someone comes here and try to force us to use the English properly.

Language changes.

And the English empire is the source of all evil around the world.

Check history.

Bummers,

Kind regards to all of ya!

RJT, your reply is a bit confusing.

looking at your previous replies in some other topics.

I am verey confused and I am gonna take into account the replies that Thithi gave earlier when replying to you.

:o

Every now and then, someone comes here and try to force us to use the English properly.

Language changes.

And the English empire is the source of all evil around the world.

Check history.

Bummers,

Kind regards to all of ya!

Is it really the source of all evil around the world??????? I would tend to doubt that sweeping statement!!!!

Yes, language changes........... but it shouldn´t be as a result of bad usage by nincompoops...... :o

are you telling me that you, English native speakers, are Nincompoops yourselves?

well, i'm sure they use "proper" English in their real lives... don't you think so?

Language changes - yes, it happens in every languages .... but Thai doesn't use apostrophe - sorry i can not feel the pain.

Did or dind't I ever told you.

That it wasn't very cool, to begin with.

The new language is here, just get used to it.

Fight the power, because that's all that's left in me.....

Alex

Wot school did you went at????? :o:D

I hate school!

:D

Andthereisnoneedforallthesedifficultapo'soreanyotherofthatlookatThaiwrittenforexamplemuchmoreeasy.

Yousee?

are you telling me that you, English native speakers, are Nincompoops yourselves?

well, i'm sure they use "proper" English in their real lives... don't you think so?

Language changes - yes, it happens in every languages .... but Thai doesn't use apostrophe - sorry i can not feel the pain.

I´m sure that we could all be called nincompoops at some stage in our lives...... but misuse of the english language - as a native speaker - is more of a result of ignorance of grammatical rules. Many people simply never learned them..... and spend the rest of their lives making the same grammatical mistakes................. and if that results in new expressions being borne, then so be it.............. but I would consider that a pretty pathetic and undesirable development. But maybe I am just a "dick" in this respect, as someone has already assumed........ :o

I´m sure that we could all be called nincompoops at some stage in our lives...... but misuse of the english language - as a native speaker - is more of a result of ignorance of grammatical rules. Many people simply never learned them..... and spend the rest of their lives making the same grammatical mistakes................. and if that results in new expressions being borne, then so be it.............. but I would consider that a pretty pathetic and undesirable development. But maybe I am just a "dick" in this respect, as someone has already assumed........ :o

in every country - yes

They are not considered to learn them all in depth grammar... as they are native speakers.

Many of Thai people also don't know how to use some important symbols, how to write some easy words, some grammar in Thai language as they don't use them much or at all in real lives and they/we wouldnt bother to correct everything we post/chat in this cyber world.

though the problem should be well considered but we dnt need smth formal here..u know

Why so serious? :D

Edited by thithi

I need a refresher.

For example:

Bob said: I won't be able to make my mortgage payments.

I will not be able to make my mortgage payments.

Am I right that the first sentence would be a spoken one and the second a written?

And if both of them are written, should it be like:

"I won't be able to make my mortgage payments"

"I will not be able to make my mortgage payments"

Total confusion!

:o