Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or perhaps you should learn to use Technicals to better your own trading and not worry about what others think or do.

Cheers

Well there you do have a point. I have tried. Read books about Fibonacci, Elliott wave, head and shoulders, volume verses movement etc.. but it just doesnt seem to stick. I seem to have a mental block somewhere.

Even reading this thread I am struggling. GBP had a huge collapse that was bound to lead to either a technical or fundamental bounce. That has happened so having little idea of its fundamentals but having seen a good rise, I am wondering whether to ride its upward momentum or sell out. At this level I cant get excited by the fundamentals either way.

Having read the thread, there is lots of advice about GBP, I just dont know what it means. Has GBP peaked or is it still trading upwards?

I fully accept that I dont understand technicals, which is why I read threads written by people who understand them much better. It is just a shame that even after having put in the effort to read the thread I am none the wiser.

Abrak,

Just start by learning Support, resistance, (horizontal), pivot and candles. Learn from the longer timeframes monthly , weekly, daily, entries 4hr and 1hr. Forget about all the other stuff you hear about.

If you need help, let me know and i will post some explanations.

Cheers

Edited by Paulo1

oops sorry euro should have been 14138.7.,it would never been filled,so all trades are still going g/y could be stp out at a159.30 the retrace i was expecting hasnt happend, cable down 24, and euro down 8 how wrong can you be lets see how these play out.

Edited by myfriendu

g/y stopped out 100 pips lost.wished i had of held this from my entry short yesterday,would have been 200 pips up,but now lost.wishing gets you no were.lol

Can you either post chart or PM it to me where your entry was and i will show you why it when wrong.

g/y stopped out 100 pips lost.wished i had of held this from my entry short yesterday,would have been 200 pips up,but now lost.wishing gets you no were.lol

Can you either post chart or PM it to me where your entry was and i will show you why it when wrong.

SUGAR UPDATE.

take note Abrak.

Up another 6% last night. Has now turned into a parabolic trend that is just going straight up.

Well Brazil is having too much rain which negatively affects their harvesting hence less output.

India in drought which negatively effects their growing.

India has suffered drought like conditions last 2 months where they normally get solid monsoonal rain.

Reason price has surged so much last week is that even if it starts raining in India now it's too late the crop is damaged.

As a result can be very confident that will have the second consequetive supply shortage for year to September 2010.

India and Brazil are the two largest producers and India is the largest consumer. World wide Stocks of sugar have got low as well, and especially in India meaning India is going to have to pay up at high prices to import an additional 5-7mn tonnes of sugar (before drought forecast was for 1-2 mn tonnes of imports.)

Global demand is approx 160k tonnes per year, and supply will likely be 150-155k tonnes per year. THe year to sep 2009 is resulting in a shortfall of approx 10mn tonnes, hence why global stocking is low.

The thing will sugar is now everyone knows this and there is no supply response that can come on for another 12 months due to growing time. So this means as an actual physical shortage is felt then consumers food producers etc will be forced to pay higher prices.

THe other factor is that demand stay relatively steady no matter what the price is. SO sure higher prices will result in slighlty less consumption but not to the same effect as other commodities where higher prices really stop demand.

Thinks that's it in a nutshell....Reckon it's only the last week or two that the speculators have really jumped in.....Before that it was too risky as Indian rain could dramatically improve the prospects for their crop.

Why I just entered.The techs are right and the Fundamentals have just proved themselves.

THE END.

SUGAR UPDATE.

take note Abrak.

Up another 6% last night. Has now turned into a parabolic trend that is just going straight up.

Well Brazil is having too much rain which negatively affects their harvesting hence less output.

India in drought which negatively effects their growing.

India has suffered drought like conditions last 2 months where they normally get solid monsoonal rain.

Reason price has surged so much last week is that even if it starts raining in India now it's too late the crop is damaged.

As a result can be very confident that will have the second consequetive supply shortage for year to September 2010.

India and Brazil are the two largest producers and India is the largest consumer. World wide Stocks of sugar have got low as well, and especially in India meaning India is going to have to pay up at high prices to import an additional 5-7mn tonnes of sugar (before drought forecast was for 1-2 mn tonnes of imports.)

Global demand is approx 160k tonnes per year, and supply will likely be 150-155k tonnes per year. THe year to sep 2009 is resulting in a shortfall of approx 10mn tonnes, hence why global stocking is low.

The thing will sugar is now everyone knows this and there is no supply response that can come on for another 12 months due to growing time. So this means as an actual physical shortage is felt then consumers food producers etc will be forced to pay higher prices.

THe other factor is that demand stay relatively steady no matter what the price is. SO sure higher prices will result in slighlty less consumption but not to the same effect as other commodities where higher prices really stop demand.

Thinks that's it in a nutshell....Reckon it's only the last week or two that the speculators have really jumped in.....Before that it was too risky as Indian rain could dramatically improve the prospects for their crop.

Why I just entered.The techs are right and the Fundamentals have just proved themselves.

THE END.

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4140 SL 1.4170 TP 1.4090

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0847 SL 1.0820 TP 1.0895

Sell GBP/USD at 1.6487 SL 1.6513 TP 1.6430

Sell USD/JPY at 96.69 SL 97.00 TP 96.20

closed yesterdays cable and euro cable no pips, won or lost euro only 12,my bias has now changed for both pairs,hi paulo wrong entry completely on the g/j,trade,was thinking it was due a pull back,so was not trading off the charts,stupid thing to do think what i want to happen.

Nothing really got started today, can't expect to much after two huge dys, last friday and monday.

Ended up plus 79.

Still have a few going, but just quite. Part of trading, SOMETIMES the BEST TRADE you can do is NO TRADE ;]

Nothing really got started today, can't expect to much after two huge dys, last friday and monday.

Ended up plus 79.

Still have a few going, but just quite. Part of trading, SOMETIMES the BEST TRADE you can do is NO TRADE

The most valuable piece of advice I've seen offered on this blog so far.

Paulo1,

One thing to consider when it comes to production is Brazil. Two thirds of all plants can use sugar cane to either produce ethanol or sugar. Less than 50% of sugar cane is actually used to produce sugar. Obviously sugar prices are making new highs while ethanol's price is 60% below where it was a year ago. It is therefore likely to switch to producing less ethanol and more sugar.

Brazil is also one of the largest producers of ethanol, so usually the price of sugar is quite highly correlated with that of ethanol. The high price of sugar in 2006 coincided with record ethanol prices (over 3x their current level).

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4140 SL 1.4170 TP 1.4090

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0847 SL 1.0820 TP 1.0895

Sell GBP/USD at 1.6487 SL 1.6513 TP 1.6430

Sell USD/JPY at 96.69 SL 97.00 TP 96.20

eurusd stopped within 2hrs, likewise usdchf. gbpusd will have just been stopped out too by my brokers figures, so usdjpy still in.

this is pretty unlucky in fairness.

Ended up plus 79.

Still have a few going, but just quite. Part of trading, SOMETIMES the BEST TRADE you can do is NO TRADE

The most valuable piece of advice I've seen offered on this blog so far.

I like that one too :)

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4148 SL 1.4175 TP 1.4090

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0817 SL 1.0791 TP 1.0870

Sell GBP/USD at 1.6490 SL 1.6521 TP 1.6433

Sell USD/JPY at 95.50 SL 95.77 TP 95.00

Entry within five pips

Cable first target hit 55 plus total 95

eur/usd have taken 50 profit still in trade stop 1,4119

usdchf taken 30 stil in and stop at 1.0817

usdjpy just strting to move hav taken 30 pips stop 95.63

nzdjpy entry last night 64.00isd plus 100

gpbjpy short 158 60. targethit plus 225

usdcad long 1.0735 stop 1.1044 plus 311 entry date 6th/08

euraud long 1.6987 stop1.7195 200 plus pips entry date 11/8

nzd usd short post here on the weekend entry was 6770 profit nat stop 133. I hope some som of you got on it also.

Total 1.174 profit at stops

NZDJPY DAILY CHART, have a look and see why it was a high probability trade, I am open for comment and question.

Entry within five pips

nzd usd short post here on the weekend entry was 6770 profit nat stop 133. I hope some som of you got on it also.

NZDJPY DAILY CHART, have a look and see why it was a high probability trade, I am open for comment and question.

I looked at the chart and i dont see why it was a high probability trade

Entry within five pips

I looked at the chart and i dont see why it was a high probability trade

Keep looking. There is a little light in your head that will go BING i see .

Have posting at Daily chart the Horizontal lines are Entry and bottom is optimum target.

post-49444-1250066762_thumb.png

NZD/JPY I know, evening star on the daily chart :) . Right Paulo1?

Can you tell us how you worked that out please? You are correct ofcourse.. ruined my game.

Busy trading now, but when I find the time I'll explain you. That's gonna cost you though :D

hi paulo great day thanks ,good week

Nice to hear. Keep in mind that these signals are targeting atleast 100 pips per day, sometimes they will 200 or 500 but thats a bonus. so once you get 100 , get your stops in the money etc. Protect your profits.