Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

going to tricky to say the least,might get some retracements lets see,keeping my eye on cable,euro and g/y

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4223 SL 1.4250 TP 1.4176

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0750 SL 1.0720 TP 1.0797

Sell GBP/USD at 1.650 SL 1.653o TP 1.6446

Sell USD/JPY at 95.90 SL 96.15 TP 95.40

I have already entered , soory a bit late due to Thailnd Internet Problems.

Good luck

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

going to tricky to say the least,might get some retracements lets see,keeping my eye on cable,euro and g/y

Good luck

Have moved enteries if you missed first

attached

post-49444-1250141918_thumb.jpg

Good luck

Trades perfromed badly today. Sometimes that happens. Why we have stops. Problem was Internet and my streaming data was not so good. Hope nobody got to damaged.

Have moved enteries if you missed first

attached

Sell EUR/USD at 1.4273 SL 1.4297 TP 1.4221

Buy USD/CHF at 1.0707 SL 1.0682 TP 1.0757

Sell GBP/USD at 1.6570 SL 1.6592 TP 1.6510

Can You explain why you think USD will go up? I was expecting it to go down today.

2 wins 1 loss. Like the last trade details i followed up, it was pretty unlucky again. Just out of interest what are you using to give you the parameters Paulo? Technicals presumably, but oscillators, MAs, S/R etc?

2 wins 1 loss. Like the last trade details i followed up, it was pretty unlucky again. Just out of interest what are you using to give you the parameters Paulo? Technicals presumably, but oscillators, MAs, S/R etc?

my brain. we all have one i tink

I get paid for these signals. So with u choose o use them its up to you. AS I STATED IN THE BEGINING OF OT THE SIGNALS, I GIVE NO EXPLAINAYIONS.

BE HAPPY TO GET FREE SIGNALS

Can You explain why you think USD will go up? I was expecting it to go down today.

no

I get paid for these signals. So with u choose o use them its up to you. AS I STATED IN THE BEGINING OF OT THE SIGNALS, I GIVE NO EXPLAINAYIONS.

BE HAPPY TO GET FREE SIGNALS

Now that's a valuable post too, because I think even the greatest simpleton will realize that trade entries given with no context are worthless. Hopefully that knowledge will prevent som people from losing money. Context is everything.

Wish you all the best mate and more to come for all of us, EY might give us some good opportunities too.

I have a great idea. Lets just make money, buy at support, sell at resistance. Surely can not be that easy.

Oh dear.

Well good luck with this bizarre anti-marketing your doing.

Perhaps you could consider using some of your 'profits' to Advertise? Or perhaps not :)

Oh dear.

Well good luck with this bizarre anti-marketing your doing.

Perhaps you could consider using some of your 'profits' to Advertise? Or perhaps not :)

Perhaps you can post some trades or idea's.

The signals are difficult to trade due to the facts, 1. traders unable to trade, and 2, most people don't use the strategy correctly. Each pair I enter i use 5 to 10 entries and scale out starting near 5 pips, so if someone entered 1 position and not scaling out you can loose money if targets are not hit and it reverses, most of the live signal are only valid for 2 to 3 hours as the market does change. There are other on this forum and msn and they get the updates quicker. I think you will find hey are doing very well. Plus I have a number of students worldwide who do pay me so in fairness they get priority. I have just spent 1 week teaching some professional bank traders in BKK. Thats why I have not been posting as much. Just to busy.

If you are unhappy with the thread, why read it? if i offended you i am sorry. If you wish to learn a trading that makes good profits you have to pay for it or put in a lot of hard work yourself and like most people you will loose about 10 to 15k before you start making money.

90% of my trades come from s/r, candle patterns and price action.

[...]

If you are unhappy with the thread, why read it? if i offended you i am sorry. If you wish to learn a trading that makes good profits you have to pay for it or put in a lot of hard work yourself and like most people you will loose about 10 to 15k before you start making money.

Im sure you dont intend to be condescending, however Im a prop trader by profession, and have been so for 8years. Prior to which my background is in Derivatives.

As you say, if you have no experience and knowledge of financial markets you'll probably lose, even with alot of hard work. Although quite how you can attempt to put a figure on possible losses is strange, but I understand your point :)

I dont seek to 'learn a trading' looking at public forums, its just curiosity.

Good Luck with it :D

[...]

Im sure you dont intend to be condescending, however Im a prop trader by profession, and have been so for 8years. Prior to which my background is in Derivatives.

As you say, if you have no experience and knowledge of financial markets you'll probably lose, even with alot of hard work. Although quite how you can attempt to put a figure on possible losses is strange, but I understand your point :)

I dont seek to 'learn a trading' looking at public forums, its just curiosity.

Good Luck with it :D

No luck, all skill.

Badge, there is a general figure calculated from I guess accounts opened , gone broke and closed and the figure is about 13k per average trader. Its not my figure.

With your experience, how do you do with FX?

No luck, all skill.

Badge, there is a general figure calculated from I guess accounts opened , gone broke and closed and the figure is about 13k per average trader. Its not my figure.

With your experience, how do you do with FX?

Paulo,

Consider your statistic. The average punter loses US$13k before shutting up shop. Why is that? It is because they are prone to buy at the top and sell at the bottom. Even if you think it is for a different reason you can see that there are many different ways of making money.

If the average punter is losing like this you can be pretty sure that you can persue any sensible strategy and as long as you are consistent you are bound to make money.

Maybe you are a momentum investor, maybe you invest on technicals, maybe you are very fundamental but so long as you are consistent in your investment approach you will almost by definition make money as other people driven by sentiment lose.

When you put it down to skill it is such the wrong word. We could debate what it takes for a successful investment strategy but I bet we would agree on one thing - it takes 'discipline'.

"it takes 'discipline"

This is where all become weak at some stage. Number one rule sell hard into the biggest rally. Just the other day I got emotional and bought more of a favorite stock (eek hate that phrase) whilst 18% into a rally on huge volume. Only to have averaged up and when it retraced I lost a very substantial profit and ended up having my stop hit which will now bounce on Monday to make me totally pis-sed off! another lesson learn t, all good :)

I've been doing some casual studying of the stock market,books etc.I've pretty much realised that its quite easy to pick stocks that would be the most likely to rise or fall,long or short,with regards to short term trends.Just a case of bottom up screens & then checking that these stocks are in the top performing industries for % returns (top down).You are just doing a set of procedures with this from any good book on trading (longer than a day).

The hard part,in my non expert opinion is timing your trades to the direction of the market,& this has made me think about the inadequacy of tech indicators such as moving averages,macd,stochastics,rsi etc,for timing the market,as they work from the past,& as such are too slow to respond & will only work well into a trend.

At the moment the only way i think you can tell which way the indexes will go (along with economic data),is by volume & price action,as its telling you whats happening now,eg if the s&p 500 is rising slowly day by day or week by week on depreciating volume,its likely that a correction could be in order.But thats not taking into account any fundamental news that could force the markets in either direction.I think that support & resistance is important with this along with chart patterns,along with candlestics.

Any thoughts on timing trades to market direction?Also how much other things that affect the stock market such as bond yields & the usd,commodities?I've noticed that recently the s&p 500 seemed to shadow commodities.

Edited by uptou

I've been doing some casual studying of the stock market,books etc.I've pretty much realised that its quite easy to pick stocks that would be the most likely to rise or fall,long or short,with regards to short term trends.Just a case of bottom up screens & then checking that these stocks are in the top performing industries for % returns (top down).You are just doing a set of procedures with this from any good book on trading (longer than a day).

The hard part,in my non expert opinion is timing your trades to the direction of the market,& this has made me think about the inadequacy of tech indicators such as moving averages,macd,stochastics,rsi etc,for timing the market,as they work from the past,& as such are too slow to respond & will only work well into a trend.

At the moment the only way i think you can tell which way the indexes will go (along with economic data),is by volume & price action,as its telling you whats happening now,eg if the s&p 500 is rising slowly day by day or week by week on depreciating volume,its likely that a correction could be in order.But thats not taking into account any fundamental news that could force the markets in either direction.I think that support & resistance is important with this along with chart patterns,along with candlestics.

Any thoughts on timing trades to market direction?Also how much other things that affect the stock market such as bond yields & the usd,commodities?I've noticed that recently the s&p 500 seemed to shadow commodities.

That is true what you say about the inadequacy of indicators but a purpose they do serve is to show divergences with price action, both positive and negative.

Example:

post-25601-1250957127_thumb.png

Yes,i almost forgot i read that divergences were the most powerfull ways to use them,even if i havent actually used them for this.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing,but when you look at the weekly chart of the s&p 500 http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui & those 2 weeks in early september of last year when for 2 consecutive weeks the s&p hardly moved on heavy volume(i think the nasdaq,& dji were showing similar signals),it makes me wonder where i was.

Divergences are as useless and misleading as any other indicator. Unfortunately the eye in hindsight moves to the most dramatic price action and applies the appropriate indicator filtering afterwards. There is not a single way or tool to project even the very next tick. The only thing true is trend and a high probability of price respecting support and resistance levels . Using indicators has some benefits as confirmation to price action but not the other way around unless one faces luck which will be followed by disaster if not recognized as such.