Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To anyone thinking that Trading is easy the market exploded downwards at 1328 BST.

Wall ST fell 153 points in about 45 seconds.FTSE and Dax likewise dropped.

Am not exactly even sure why it occured-none of the news feeds were reporting Earthquakes and such like.Not sure if it was because of Jobs scenario in the US I mentioned earlier ??

The market does what the market does !!

Now if I had gone long at £10 a point would/could be sitting on a £1530 negative trade.

To anyone contemplating trading (and I am definatly NOT an expert) remember that 95% of new traders get wiped out in first 3 months of trading.

Am sure Paulo1 will confirm.

Edited by Chivas

To anyone thinking that Trading is easy the market exploded downwards at 1328 BST.

Wall ST fell 153 points in about 45 seconds.FTSE and Dax likewise dropped.

Am not exactly even sure why it occured-none of the news feeds were reporting Earthquakes and such like.Not sure if it was because of Jobs scenario in the US I mentioned earlier ??

The market does what the market does !!

Now if I had gone long at £10 a point would/could be sitting on a £1530 negative trade.

To anyone contemplating trading (and I am definatly NOT an expert) remember that 95% of new traders get wiped out in first 3 months of trading.

Am sure Paulo1 will confirm.

yep, i confirm, You guys reading this thread should understand, my signals are mine, and you can develop yourself.

From a trader i have been teaching.

[7/5/2011 11:04:18 PM] : and your strategy

[7/5/2011 11:04:35 PM] 125: you only have a 1 yrs stratgy really

[7/5/2011 11:05:33 PM] 125: and i can show everything, but what matters is how you understand it and apply it in your own way, Then you become a trader .

Thats my advice to a trader, with an engineering degree in computer sicence. whom i am mentoring.

Edited by Paulo1

Paulo my dear,

Why you think Id want to reveal to you, or any other stranger on this forum, anything to do with my business is beyond me? Why not ask the colonel for his secret recipe and let me know his response ;)

Youre in the business of selling tips, so its imperative you appear successful.

However, sadly you have no credibility in my opnion.

Get yourself registered with the financial regulator in NZ or wherever youre originally from, and instantly that would give you infinitely more credibility, because it would mean you cant just make up performance stats, which with mere graphs and text one can only assume is the case. Claiming "ive made xxx pips, see its on the graph" really isnt a substitute.

Another point is that offering advice is much easier than making money from it, and the fact you claim to teach/mentor and ask people to pay for tips leads me to believe you have no capital base, otherwise why bother? Those who cant, teach ;) especially when you can make an almost unlimited amount taking your own tips.

But then you have another issue, as taking substantial positions is alot harder than writing where you think a crncy pair might move, its why trading a demo account is no use whatsoever. From Jesse Livermore:

It is like the old story of the man who was going to fight a duel the next day.

His second asked him, "Are you a good shot?"

"Well," said the duelist, "I can snap the stem of a wineglass at twenty paces," and he looked modest.

"That's all very well," said the unimpressed second. "But can you snap the stem of the wineglass while the wineglass is pointing a loaded pistol straight at your heart?"

I am in the business of trading financial markets, so its imperative I sell for more than I buy. My appearance to strangers online and whether they like me or are interested is meaningless to my business.

The forums are just a bit of fun, of course I give you the benefit of the doubt and am sure youre a capable trader, but if you want to make a business out of selling tips, do it the right way and get regulated, it counts :)

Paulo1

Carry on doing what you're doing and ignore Badge.

I for one have been following for some time and can openly confirm I've never been asked for a penny !!

On the contrary I took a "short tip" yesterday which I closed for a very quick £220 !!

Wouldn't have touched it without Paulo1's suggestion !

Paulo my dear,

Why you think Id want to reveal to you, or any other stranger on this forum, anything to do with my business is beyond me? Why not ask the colonel for his secret recipe and let me know his response ;)

Youre in the business of selling tips, so its imperative you appear successful.

However, sadly you have no credibility in my opnion.

Get yourself registered with the financial regulator in NZ or wherever youre originally from, and instantly that would give you infinitely more credibility, because it would mean you cant just make up performance stats, which with mere graphs and text one can only assume is the case. Claiming "ive made xxx pips, see its on the graph" really isnt a substitute.

Another point is that offering advice is much easier than making money from it, and the fact you claim to teach/mentor and ask people to pay for tips leads me to believe you have no capital base, otherwise why bother? Those who cant, teach ;) especially when you can make an almost unlimited amount taking your own tips.

But then you have another issue, as taking substantial positions is alot harder than writing where you think a crncy pair might move, its why trading a demo account is no use whatsoever. From Jesse Livermore:

It is like the old story of the man who was going to fight a duel the next day.

His second asked him, "Are you a good shot?"

"Well," said the duelist, "I can snap the stem of a wineglass at twenty paces," and he looked modest.

"That's all very well," said the unimpressed second. "But can you snap the stem of the wineglass while the wineglass is pointing a loaded pistol straight at your heart?"

I am in the business of trading financial markets, so its imperative I sell for more than I buy. My appearance to strangers online and whether they like me or are interested is meaningless to my business.

The forums are just a bit of fun, of course I give you the benefit of the doubt and am sure youre a capable trader, but if you want to make a business out of selling tips, do it the right way and get regulated, it counts :)

LOL,

Anyone can tell stories and quote Lesie Livermore.

If you have nothing to say, say nothing, George Bernard Shaw.

I agree about trading demo accounts, They are basicly useless.

I have no idea why you have this insane idea in your head that i am selling tips. Where is the evidence of this? people, payments whatever.

If you are such a big shot in the Financial Markets, I would have thought you would understand how difficult a job trading is and appreciate the trade signals i have placed on this thread. Obviously you are not a techincal trader, hence the reason you are unable to assertain the validity of the charts posted prior the move. For an example, I posted a trade on the EY, sold to early, but thats trading NFP for you. Then i posted a chart of dragon , almost straight after as a alert, with explanation and from that signal it dropped 100 pips. Apart from the signals i have posted a number of trading techniques for educational purpose's.

Perhaps you are just a jealous person who is always trying to knock people down to your level.

I have a number of different size accounts. Perhaps you can show us one of your trading accounts, Large or small it does not matter, its the risk/reward and win/loss ratio I am interested.

Here is the evidence of some trades placed on one of those live accounts. And most of those trades were placed on this site. See attachments.

If you are going to post on this thread i would appreciate it if you could possibly post something positive.

post-49444-0-24986800-1310256463_thumb.p

post-49444-0-70059700-1310256492_thumb.p

Edited by Paulo1

Paulo1

Carry on doing what you're doing and ignore Badge.

I for one have been following for some time and can openly confirm I've never been asked for a penny !!

On the contrary I took a "short tip" yesterday which I closed for a very quick £220 !!

Wouldn't have touched it without Paulo1's suggestion !

Cheers Chivas,

Yeah, that was a nice setup. pleased you caught it.

Daily Setup on EURJPY. 4 positions. Sell first at 114.55 2nd @ 115.75 3rd 116.30, or if this breaks lower 113.30 sell stop. Stop is 197 pips at 116.52, Targets1 111.57 Target 2 110.31

Posted at 5am gmt

Edited by Paulo1

Dax now down 100 points at 0825 BST

Big gap down, 7.341.54 at writing. I would wait for a 1hr close before any entries. 7,300 minor support , could test 7000. The daily chart setup is bearish and would be a seller on rallies to resistance zone 7,400 and watching the 30min candle high of 7358.50.

Confident that reversal from last week should continue.

post-49444-0-91212600-1310371962_thumb.p

Daily Setup on EURJPY. 4 positions. Sell first at 114.55 2nd @ 115.75 3rd 116.30, or if this breaks lower 113.30 sell stop. Stop is 197 pips at 116.52, Targets1 111.57 Target 2 110.31

Posted at 5am gmt

current price 113.56 downward move = 100 pips

Daily Setup on EURJPY. 4 positions. Sell first at 114.55 2nd @ 115.75 3rd 116.30, or if this breaks lower 113.30 sell stop. Stop is 197 pips at 116.52, Targets1 111.57 Target 2 110.31 Posted at 5am gmt
current price 113.56 downward move = 100 pips
Stop moved to 114.15 and close .2 position at 113.38 , holding 1 position. Also hold USDCAD longs from 9656 current stop 9678 and target 1 9712 T2 9780. Never posted enter as it comes from a 1hr chart, mostly i will only post 4hr and daily signals as stated.

post-49444-0-00383700-1310386542_thumb.g

post-49444-0-42834100-1310386697_thumb.g

Edited by Paulo1

Posted at 5am gmt

Current price 111.73 bid. Have taken 1 small profit, holding remander, plus 286 pips, plus some more on small position sold.

Cable has moved lower and USDCAD higher also.

Hi Paulo 1, Just discovered this thread great work I'll be following with interest and will upload my charts when I have something worth contributing. I swing trade a handful of instruments mainly light crude, silver, gold, DOW and EUR/USD. I trade off price action using a break and retest of major horizontal or diagonal support or resistance combined with price action and pivot count as entry signals.

It's refreshing to find a board that isn't dominated by the cut and paste crowd that kid themselves they are fundamental analysts because they scour google for any article that supports their personal view point.

Hi Paulo 1, Just discovered this thread great work I'll be following with interest and will upload my charts when I have something worth contributing. I swing trade a handful of instruments mainly light crude, silver, gold, DOW and EUR/USD. I trade off price action using a break and retest of major horizontal or diagonal support or resistance combined with price action and pivot count as entry signals.

It's refreshing to find a board that isn't dominated by the cut and paste crowd that kid themselves they are fundamental analysts because they scour google for any article that supports their personal view point.

Hi Chartist,

You are welcome and its great to have you on board. Your method sound very similar to mine. Guess not worth changing what works. For entry and reversals i use candles at those s/r points.

I agree about the cut and paste senario, if the people doing it only could realise that they are selling themselves down the gurgler, cheating oneselve.

Cheers,

Edited by Paulo1

Anyone have any problems trading from Thailand with slippage. My brokers are UK based and was thinking about trading from Thailand for a while and was just wondering which ISP's are the better than others. Ping/latency/reliability etc. Although i'm not a scalper i do trade off 5 minute charts.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any problems trading from Thailand with slippage. My brokers are UK based and was thinking about trading from Thailand for a while and was just wondering which ISP's are the better than others. Ping/latency/reliability etc. Although i'm not a scalper i do trade off 5 minute charts.

Thanks in advance.

When i am trading in Thailand i use CAT, just found them to be better than the rest, but thats just personal, location location is important in which Internet service you use. I was in NongKhai and found Cat really good, BKK, don't think it works, phuket had TTNT and TOT, both were shit.

Are you trying to trade at market or limit orders?

EURJPY Target 1 hit from entry 114.54 target was 111.57

Target 2 110.31

Target 2 hit and a low at this point of 109.56. 1hr gmt+2 candle

still hold a small sell position on cable .

Good start to the week, Now i have to pull my head in and look for some high% trades. next posible signal 140 minutes, but no promises.

Edited by Paulo1

Hi Chartist,

You are welcome and its great to have you on board. Your method sound very similar to mine. Guess not worth changing what works. For entry and reversals i use candles at those s/r points.

I agree about the cut and paste senario, if the people doing it only could realise that they are selling themselves down the gurgler, cheating oneselve.

Cheers,

Hi Neil,

Thanks, I'll post some charts soon I posted some on the gold board a few weeks back (went down like a lead balloon). I've got nothing running at the minute but the next trade I'm planning is a short on light crude it's been in a well structured trend channel since March 09 and I'm looking for a break of that channel if I get it i'll sell the retest.

I've had no problems with slippage while trading in Thailand but then again I mainly use limit and stop orders or the deal through feature on IG indexes charting package, but Internet in Thailand is reliable and plenty fast enough for trading.

Hi Chartist,

Cheers,

Hi Neil,

Thanks, I'll post some charts soon I posted some on the gold board a few weeks back (went down like a lead balloon). I've got nothing running at the minute but the next trade I'm planning is a short on light crude it's been in a well structured trend channel since March 09 and I'm looking for a break of that channel if I get it i'll sell the retest.

I've had no problems with slippage while trading in Thailand but then again I mainly use limit and stop orders or the deal through feature on IG indexes charting package, but Internet in Thailand is reliable and plenty fast enough for trading.

hi Neil, who the hell is Neil,

Internet thailand. good until it rains.

Thanks in advance.

When i am trading in Thailand i use CAT, just found them to be better than the rest, but thats just personal, location location is important in which Internet service you use. I was in NongKhai and found Cat really good, BKK, don't think it works, phuket had TTNT and TOT, both were shit.

Are you trying to trade at market or limit orders?

Never use limit orders,I trade at market and always use a SL. Never traded myself from Thailand but in the past i remember drop out's to be fairly common, although not a problem when using a SL i could miss signals. I will be based in Pattaya and from what i've found out it's hit and miss and even certain condo's have more reported problem's than others.

I'm more concerned about slippage, although this does swing into your favour on ocassions.

If anyone has any FX trade suggestions slap them up.

What about the USDCHF?????

USD/CHF seems to be finding support around 8300 and resistance at upper trend channel drawn on daily I'd wait to see what happens it breaks down I'd set a short order at 8314, but what i'd like to see is it break out downward trend channel and then buy the retest as that could be a good swing trade.