Nok Air - Cmx To Udon

eek

Had a friend with the same trouble a few months back. She thought she could just whizz on down to the airport, pay her fee, and get the tix, then had to get the sad news that she'd be taking the bus instead. As an alternative, a couple buddies of mine just flew down to KL for cheap and got the same visa service and a nice change of scenery. Somebody was just telling me this week that if you book way in advance it's like just 5,000 baht roundtrip. Sounds too good to be true, but this guy was insistent. I'd check it out.

I have done the CM - Kuala Lumpur flight before, and was a great trip. But i do like loas and it is not as expensive as KL. Also, if i recall correct KL doesnt do the 2xTV which Vientiane seems to be hassle-free for (and is my current visa status, although looking into an alternative now). Vientiane is generally known to be more hassle free and visa application friendly than most other places. Even Penang has been problematic in recent times.

Sad about Nok Air, and with Thai Airways being around 7-10k each way, its just not a viable option for me.

Wonder why they canceled the route. Not enough passengers?

I have done the CM - Kuala Lumpur flight before, and was a great trip. But i do like loas and it is not as expensive as KL. Also, if i recall correct KL doesnt do the 2xTV which Vientiane seems to be hassle-free for (and is my current visa status, although looking into an alternative now). Vientiane is generally known to be more hassle free and visa application friendly than most other places. Even Penang has been problematic in recent times.

Sad about Nok Air, and with Thai Airways being around 7-10k each way, its just not a viable option for me.

Wonder why they canceled the route. Not enough passengers?

nok air wont be around for long

air asia seem to be here for a bit longer

hmm..but thats basing it on Thai Airways costs, which is nearly 10k for the round trip.

A round trip with Nok Air will cost around 8kbaht (and not much over that for minibus etc), AirAsia about 6.5k baht.

Agree that is a pretty tedious way to get there though.

I dont know how much the laoairline cost is because a long time ago that i took it and at the moment the page on their website showing the flight price for a return trip wont come up for me.

I paid just under 12k for round trip Chiang Mai to Vientiane (by way of Luang Prabang). For me it's worth it to skip out on the road trip.

hmm..but thats basing it on Thai Airways costs, which is nearly 10k for the round trip.

A round trip with Nok Air will cost around 8kbaht (and not much over that for minibus etc), AirAsia about 6.5k baht.

Agree that is a pretty tedious way to get there though.

I dont know how much the laoairline cost is because a long time ago that i took it and at the moment the page on their website showing the flight price for a return trip wont come up for me.

Double the cost of the cheapest trip though, but i do see your point.

(edit: I mean cheapest flight trip. Of course much cheaper by bus, but a hair-raising uncomfortable experience imo)

Edited by eek