Bicycle In/aound Bangkok And North East

Ketsara

Dear all,

hope you can help me on the road. I live in Huay Kwang (BKK) and wanna ride my bike around in the weekends. Tried some short rides in the neighbourhood, but am looking for some change.

- Do you have any nice routes around / in the city?

- Any day trips out of the city that are easy to do (train first and then some cycling?)

We are also planning for a bigger trip to the North East. No concrete pan, so I am hoping for a few of your advices and routes...

Thank you very much in advance!

Ketsara

try to get to the streets near the river, like Thannon Samsen or Thannon Krung Thep-Nonthaburi and ride north.

I like the areas around Bang Sue near the Siam Cement, there are alot of small roads that are impassible to cars, and you can see how the poor live. Lots of canalside and railroad side riding, not for everyone , but I like it.

PM me if you would like specifics.

Do you ride a road bike or a MTB

btw, I ride every other day, let me know if you want a riding partner

Dear all,

hope you can help me on the road. I live in Huay Kwang (BKK) and wanna ride my bike around in the weekends. Tried some short rides in the neighbourhood, but am looking for some change.

- Any day trips out of the city that are easy to do (train first and then some cycling?)

We are also planning for a bigger trip to the North East. No concrete pan, so I am hoping for a few of your advices and routes...

Ketsara

I live not far from you in Lat Phrao amd I cycle most days. Some of my routes are on MapMyRide and some of my videos are on YouTube

I'll repeat Pampal's offer ' let me know if you want a riding partner'

Dear all,

Ketsara

I live not far from you in Lat Phrao amd I cycle most days. Some of my routes are on MapMyRide and some of my videos are on YouTube

I'll repeat Pampal's offer ' let me know if you want a riding partner'

Thanks guys!

Just registered at the map-my-ride website and will explore your routes and tips around Bangkok.

Need to do some exercise before inviting you on my ride, as you guys will probably easily beat a beginner...

Any tips on some shop for some basic biking shorts (nothing special, not necessarily the 2000 bath shorts at pro bike)?

Thank you,

Ketsara

Thanks guys!

Just registered at the map-my-ride website and will explore your routes and tips around Bangkok.

Need to do some exercise before inviting you on my ride, as you guys will probably easily beat a beginner...

Any tips on some shop for some basic biking shorts (nothing special, not necessarily the 2000 bath shorts at pro bike)?

Thank you,

Ketsara

With me, it's not about speed and beating anyone! At my age, I take it easy. I do log my miles on 2 websites and have been known to moan about my 'performance' at times but as my wife says 'You should cycle for pleasure not measure!'

I have seen basic bike shorts in Central Lat Phrao but for average size people at about 800Baht.

Hi,

I can't help with the Bangkok stuff, but I've done about 6 tours that have taken place for the most part in the North East, and am planning the next one. If you are interested, I have journals for the various trips, they can be found: here. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email to the address in the link.

Happy riding,

Bob

Dear all,

Ketsara

let me know when you get up to issan