Land In Samui

Iam looking for approx 2 rai land on Samui, anyone selling ? beach front land good or land with good views. serious replies eh. Not to bothered which part of the island. I want to avoid some of the extortionate prices realestate companies are currently asking.

I am looking for approx 2 rai land on Samui, anyone selling ? beach front land good or land with good views. serious replies eh. Not to bothered which part of the island. I want to avoid some of the extortionate prices realestate companies are currently asking.

Beachfront land starts from 3-4.000.000 baht rai. These are on the "wrong" beaches where water on low tides can be far away and leaves you with a smelly place.

Good beachfront starts 4 up to 20.000.000 baht per rai.

Sea view can be had for 3-10.000.000 per rai.

Mountainview 800.000 to 4.000.000 per rai.

"no view" or in the "jungle" starts from 300.000 per rai.

These are prices that are asked by owners themselves. I am doing some realestate work myself because a lot of realestate agencies ask too much in my opinion. Most of them are more in selling "developments".

I am trying hard to compile a list of land for sale, but nowadays the owners like to do it by themselves because (prime) land sells easily. It will take some time but i am more wiser every day.

As for buying land in Samui i have the same problem as you, we are a few years too late. Koh Pha Ngan still has a lot for sale for "reasonable" prices.

Koh Samui is expensive but i think it will only get more and more expensive, so investing in land is still a good option as prices rise more quick here than anywhere else.

If you look for something to live, a little further from the beach in the north and south areas of Koh Samui still can be interesting. Problem is that the land title is often not a Kor Ror Sam Kor or Chanote. Which means you are not 100% certain of the area that is up for sale and surveys have to be done.

If you really want beachfront land i can recommend the coast of Krabi, Suratthani and Chumphon. I have seen land for sale starting from 700.000 per rai.

My feeling is that Chumphon with its many national parks will be the future "hotspot" for thailand.

Good luck with your search.