Health Insurance In Cm

brennanstimpy

I am using a company called E Insure Thailand. The chap Tony will email you spreadsheets with all the insurance companies listed with amounts of cover and also premiums. They are based in Pattaya but when my wife and my daughter were admitted to hospital it only took a phonecall (out of hours) for them to sort things out.

They also have a website if you google it.

I am using a company called E Insure Thailand. The chap Tony will email you spreadsheets with all the insurance companies listed with amounts of cover and also premiums. They are based in Pattaya but when my wife and my daughter were admitted to hospital it only took a phonecall (out of hours) for them to sort things out.

They also have a website if you google it.

Thanks so much for this website - it looks very interesting especially for us older guys :o

Thank you Barry for commenting. I guess expensive is a relative term. The same 2 million baht coverage for my family, under 30 years old, is 65k a year. $1850.00 per year is more than I would like to pay. To me, it seems a bit expensive and they don't cover anything that happens on a motorcycle or outpatient care. I guess I am just trying to shop around.

Bupa is one of only a few insurance companies that will insure you after age 65 if you join before age 60. They are not expensive. I am 63 soon to be 64 and pay 55,000 baht for two million baht worth of insurance. that's less than $1500.00 a year.

Barry

Bupa is one of only a few insurance companies that will insure you after age 65 if you join before age 60. They are not expensive. I am 63 soon to be 64 and pay 55,000 baht for two million baht worth of insurance. that's less than $1500.00 a year.

Barry

Barry, will you change money for me? I'll gladly bring you $1500 if you'll give me 55,000 baht.

You may want to check into a new program that BUPA offers if you are interested in motorcycle coverage. I noticed on their website that they have "Accident Plus." It's cheap and covers accidents, including motorcycles. It also looks quite cheap.

I know several expat families who use William Russell for their health insurance. It's UK based but open to any expat. Try them as well.

I have lived here for two plus years and have gone with Bupa, but it seems a bit expensive and not really that good of coverage. I have an infant and a wife, that insists on insurance. Does anyone have some expertise on this?

The really easy answer to your question is to ask Thai Visa Insurance as they are fully licensed Insurance Brokers.

Please ask for details : http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

Thank you Barry for commenting. I guess expensive is a relative term. The same 2 million baht coverage for my family, under 30 years old, is 65k a year. $1850.00 per year is more than I would like to pay. To me, it seems a bit expensive and they don't cover anything that happens on a motorcycle or outpatient care. I guess I am just trying to shop around.

Sorry, brennanstimpy, but BUPA does provide full treatment coverage for motorcycle accidents in all of their plans. And, if you go to the hospital within 24 hours of the accident you can be treated as an outpatient, whether you paid for the optional outpatient coverage or not. No health insurance company in Thailand limits treatment coverage for motorcycle accidents and most provide outpatient care for bike accidents as part of their inpatient coverage.

BUT...under their Personal Accident (PA) insurance rider, which is really just Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, BUPA will pay only half of the lump sum benefit if you lose an arm or a leg, or die in a motorcycle accident. The PA insurance rider, though, has nothing to do with treatment coverage. If AD&D coverage is important to you while riding your bike, some companies do provide 100% accidental death and dismemberment coverage for bike accidents.