The Chrysler 300c 3.5 At

Boater

i first saw this car in Dubai in April, and on first glance thought it was a bentley.

it is a very noce looking car, and has a starting price in USA from 23 K USD - 43 K USD, but i could not find out the price when i rang the garage as no one spoke english

but here is the link to the car,

Car

what are your thoughts on this car?? or if anyone can find out the price form the garage

i first saw this car in Dubai in April, and on first glance thought it was a bentley.

it is a very noce looking car, and has a starting price in USA from 23 K USD - 43 K USD, but i could not find out the price when i rang the garage as no one spoke english

Car

what are your thoughts on this car?? or if anyone can find out the price form the garage

it's on sale for a while already in import cars dealers but I don't know the retail price. Should be 200% more expensive than the US.

Try to call SEC group, I saw one in their showroom on Rama 9 (500 m. after the intersection of Ratchada, on the way to Ramkamheng)

Car

Just called - they want 5.7 ml

OMG (°_0) Are you kidding??

It is unbelievable for a country who joined the WTO in 1995...

Anyone expert could please explain me that? Even the BMW manager didn't manage to give me a clear answer... (I talk about BMW because I drive a e90 330i worth 4,300,000 but actually they are made in Thailand... ok it's more than 220 HP but still a little bit less than 3000cc. Just look at the price of a 318i. If parts are brought to Thailand and assembly is done here or Malaysia... the price should avoid a lot of taxes...)

Any expert around ? ^^

Thank you

As I know the manufacturer can avoid the taxes and put the sticker "Made in Thailand" if 80% of parts are made in Thailand.

I think BMW and Benz do import of engine and gearbox from overseas and can't cover the quote with thai parts

But this is just my opinion.

Edited by Grant

This car looks great on the outside. its got a great engine with tonnes of power but the inside looks cheap. probably built to Amarican standards and corners like a boat.

I dont think it is worth the price tag.

A friend in the UK has one and many people mistake it for a Bentley. Its got great presence.

But I agree with you on the crappy interior and handling.

Shame about the price, I'd like one but as another poster said I'd get a Merc for that money

^ it not mark up. It called Tax.

even on the standard 300% tax, it would only come to 4.2 Million THB

Yes, understandable, but the dealer need some profit too, for all the hassles and troubles to import the car. Si if he makes around 25% profit, so it's ok. BTW there are no options for find this car somwhere else in Thailand.

The car cost arround 40k USD, but in Europe it gonna cost around 80'k, Thailand have 300% Import Tax plus dealers profit, so therefore the 5.7 Mill.

BTW. Can't compare with a BMW or Benz anyway because, if someone likes and drives US Cars, they will never satisfied with a Beamer or a Benz.

This car looks great on the outside. its got a great engine with tonnes of power but the inside looks cheap. probably built to Amarican standards and corners like a boat.

I dont think it is worth the price tag.

I'ts correct. All US Cars today look great outside, have a powerful engine, but the interiors arent' designed nicely. It's not a Bemtley, therefore only 5.7 Mill. A Bentley would cost much more.

BTW no car in Thailand, not even a Toyota or Honda is woth the pricetag overhere. How crappy they looking for a lot of money? But what can we do? Nothing. Cars are very expensive overhere, but otherthings, like car insurance, labour costs, living costs, especially nightlife, are very cheap. In western Countries it's the opposite way. Cars are cheap, all otherthings are expensive. If the coverment would let peaple importing their cars, who would buy all the crappy cars made locally overhere? tehy could all close down their factories, so no employment. Therefore the huge import tax. Uruguay have the same problem. Cars overthere are even much more expensive than in Thailand.

the car is only 42 K in the States - American Price or 1.4 Million THB !! ... talk about a mark up

1.4 million + 4.2 (actually should be more because engine up to 3 liter and I thik it more than 220 HP) = 5,6 million

Dealer want 5.7 - not overpriced

BTW no car in Thailand, not even a Toyota or Honda is woth the pricetag overhere. How crappy they looking for a lot of money? But what can we do? Nothing. Cars are very expensive overhere, but otherthings, like car insurance, labour costs, living costs, especially nightlife, are very cheap. In western Countries it's the opposite way. Cars are cheap, all otherthings are expensive. If the coverment would let peaple importing their cars, who would buy all the crappy cars made locally overhere? tehy could all close down their factories, so no employment. Therefore the huge import tax. Uruguay have the same problem. Cars overthere are even much more expensive than in Thailand.

100% agree

BTW cars in Malaysia and Singapore cost more then over here

Edited by Grant

• 1 month later...

Remember Clarkston slagging off the 300M on a test drive in America?

Who in their right mind would pay 5.7 million THB for that POS. I mean it's even a POS in the USA for god's sake. And initiala4 is correct, who the heck is going to service the thing???

5.7 could buy you much much more of a car here in Thailand.

Incidentally, did anybody see the 65,000,000 THB SLR on that RPM website???? Craaaazy.

Also, is the 1-series cabrio a hard-top cabrio? That's a cool chick car, maybe AlexLah should consider it :o

Naaaaaaaa,

I am verry happy with my bitch.

Last nite 5 girls jumped in the car and wanted me to drive them around so they could be seen.....

Verry funny.

Took bitch to the spa today, she feels veryy happy now.

Moaning like crazy when putting the pedal to the metal.

Easy now in BKK roads are not so busy.

:o

A couple of facts that maybe of interest.

1/ The Right Hand Drive models are made in Europe, Belgium if memory serves me right.

2/ The 3.5 engine is a Mercedes Benz engine.... maybe the transmission too!

3/ You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The 300C is a whole lot of pork!