Government House Damages Estimated At Bt100 Million

womble

^^ So lying in tatters would not accurately describe the building i take it?

Specially Chamlong and his group are very carefully on everything and clean everything all the time. Using (of course not 100 percent, but as much as possible) Banana leafs instead of plastic (some women are folding them in an unbelievable speed). Using closed plastic cups with water and collect them and clean them to use it as cup for some fruit juice. Of course it is not 100 % (if today 1000 people come and tomorrow 5000, you must give plastic dishes for 4000).

But in compare with something comparable in size (exhibition, concert, etc), on normal days they produce minus 95-99 percent of waste.

A lot of people (including my staff) are infected by that "use little" "environment friendly" Chamlong things.

I saw one place where the flowers were harmed (don't know what happened there) and someone planted onion or garlic (I think) and some other herbs which will be used for cooking.

Sure someone can tell that is harming the beauty of the place....I like it.

Taking it out and putting some other flowers in, will need 10 min for 5 people and cost 100 Baht for the flowers.

Isn't 100 million baht an truly precise figure?

No clue on HOW he divined this number.

If we are foolish enough to believe some number pulled out of thin air,

by a PPP MP, to use as a cudgle agains enemies, then we nee credulity lessons.

This also coming from the side of the masters of GRAFT production.

I'd say 500k baht and it would look great outside.

If the budget were NOT including kickbacks of 150-4000%

yes that's the point! pay 200.000 and have 24.800.000 kickbacks (a bit less as the company wants something as well....say 20 Million kickbacks.

I am doing a lot business....but reading the Thaksin mafia things, I feel naive and innocent....

With all due respect, I think guys are missing the point of the original pronouncement by Thaksin's trusty dogsbody/mouthpiece. It was not to give an actual estimation of damages caused, with the thought of potential future gradt opportunities in mind, as you seem to be hinting. No one is expecting to make any money off the minor refit and gardening job at this stage of the game. The figure at 2 million, 20 milllion or 50 million baht is immaterial, the point was to give an outrageous figure that Mr Average upcountry reading their Thai Rath or Daily News is going to read and think, "Hey that PAD lot down in Bangkok are not only causing trouble, but they are also costing the country lots of money AND are a bunch of thieves, stealing laptops, etc., as well as, horror of horrors, royal decorations out of no less than Government House." Discord, division and smokescreens is the name of the game. Giving the perfect opportunity for bloodthirsty, Toxic packhounds and automatons to unleash violence and retribution on PAD supporters under the guise of "saving the nation".

And hey, what do we see almost as soon as the announcement is made? Sae Daeng and his camouflaged aerobic dancers doing their grenade waltz in preparation for the final bloody push against the PAD. In this case, the messenger deserves to be called to account, along with the sender, as what Nattawut has effectively done with his announcement is sentence innocent people to death and many more to serious injury.

Somchai where are you? :o

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landscaping is cheap and I am certain it will be done. Missing items? Oh please, let's see what is actually missing when this is all over.

You'll never know the truth about what's gone missing. Like any theft or burglary the victims always up the losses as it's too good an opportunity to be missed to make a buck or three.

he's in a dark corner of the backyard, trying to untangle his yellow undershorts, while avoiding the front door buzzer.

I was going to suggest he's in the cr@pper but his predecessor grabbed that little hidey hole first.

he's in a dark corner of the backyard, trying to untangle his yellow undershorts, while avoiding the front door buzzer.

PAD has "use condoms to prevent AIDS" poster with Somchai.....unfortunately I have no picture....

• 2 weeks later...
Government House damages estimated at Bt100 million

The cost of damage to the Government House and lost items is estimated to reach Bt100 million, Government Spokesman Nattawut Saikua said Wednesday.

UPDATE..... with an estimate from someone who isn't a criminal litigant himself for an amount 1/4th of that...

Govt House damages 25 million baht

An initial probe has found the Government House was damaged from the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)'s seizure worth around 25 million baht.

Permanent-secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office Mr. Nattee Premrassamee, in his capacity as chairman of the committee inspecting government agencies' assets at the Government House, disclosed today (December 4) that the committee had evaluated initial damages caused by anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)'s laying siege earlier in terms of landscaping and tap water system worth around 25 million baht.

- ThaiNews / 2008-12-04

Edited by sriracha john

A Government Building lies in tatters

Have you actually seen this with your own eyes, or are you just going on speculation? Just asking because to say that a building is lying in tatters seems extreme. I've not been there myself to comment, but would be interested to see some solid evidence to back these claims, like pictures. Any out there?

I dont think he has.

I went yesterday afternoon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11401580@N03/...57610680173032/

it's an initial estimation and only for landscaping and tap water pipes - so the maintanance - the stolen items (laptops, arms, office and communication equipment etc) and cash were not taken into account yet. So the first figure 100 might still be valid

it's an initial estimation and only for landscaping and tap water pipes - so the maintanance - the stolen items (laptops, arms, office and communication equipment etc) and cash were not taken into account yet. So the first figure 100 might still be valid

Sure...but when they ask for 500 million to block 1400 websites we have a clear understanding how 1 stolen desk* could build up to be a 100 million baht renovation.

(*: Don't think a desk was stolen, it is an analogy to show the point...)

Read your history books of 1973, 76 and myriad other bloody events in Thai history if you can't read the writing on the wall now.

Thumbs up! :o

Very well observed!

How about an genuinely independent appraisal?

could both of you recommed me one, or two, three of those history books on 1973 and 1976.

what chamlong was doing during this years?

Somchai where are you? :D

PAD has "use condoms to prevent AIDS" poster with Somchai.....unfortunately I have no picture....

Any other low class comments Gentlemen ? :o

LaoPo

Don't know about the damage, but PAD kindly left a few bombs and molotov cocktails behind when they left. They didn't forget to take money and valuables, weapons, ammo, tv's, cameras and computers though.

MCOT News:

Staff working at Government House were still not allowed to return to work at the building after several bombs were found hidden inside, he said. Bomb squad police experts will be invited to retrieve the explosives first.

Other valuable items which were missing include pistols and ammunition of police guarding Government House, Buddha amulets, TV sets, cameras, computers and cash.

PAD coordinator Suriyasai Katasila acknowledged that there might have been some thieves among the protesters and that his group is ready to compensate for the lost articles.

Key PAD leaders have proposed that the government withdraw trespassing charges filed with police and to prepare a joint agreement that neither civil nor criminal charges would be taken against the protesters, said Mr. Nathi.

The proposals have been forwarded to Mr. Chavarat, he added, but the government is expected to proceed with the charges.

Straits Times:

'Police found a number of molotov cocktails, homemade bombs, clubs and machetes around Government House this morning,' Major General Anan Srihiran, of Bangkok Metropolitan police, said.

'There are more than 100 items, we will keep them as evidence,' he said.

The protesters had caused 25 million baht (S$1.09 million) of damage and run up an electricity bill of 900,000 baht during their time there, said Mr Nathi Premrasmi, permanent secretary for Government House.

'Three cars have also disappeared and more than 10 cars belonging to the National Security Council have been damaged... jewellery has been taken,' Mr Nathi said.

UPDATE..... with an estimate from someone who isn't a criminal litigant himself for an amount 1/4th of that...

Govt House damages 25 million baht

So they only trashed the place to the tune of 25 million baht? Oh, well that's alright then... why not invite such careful guests back for another stay...

:D:o

The damage from the landscape around the Government House is estimated at Bt25 million including 12,400 square metres of lawn, garden...

I was there.....No tree harmed.

Most flowers harmed, but other planted.

Grass heavily damaged and covered with sand.

buildings not harmed not even sprayed something on it.

Costs to repair everything with an official company (beside that PAD and Chamlongs group told they can repair everything), estimate 50.000 Baht.

(removing the sand. Put 1 truckload new land, seed grass, put a few new flowers).

Lets take the most expensive company and use the best things you can get and it might be possible to spend a max. of 200.000 Baht.

But no way to spend 25 million.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Somchai's government somehow manage to spend B1,000 million on the temporary Government-House up at Don Muang, finally finding a use for some of the old airport-buildings replaced by Swampy ? That's an awful lot of brown-envelopes !

They should leave GH where it now is, look for a new use for the old centrally-located GH-building, perhaps a museum or art-gallery, or something useful ? :o

Landscaping is cheap and I am certain it will be done. Missing items? Oh please, let's see what is actually missing when this is all over.

You'll never know the truth about what's gone missing. Like any theft or burglary the victims always up the losses as it's too good an opportunity to be missed to make a buck or three.

I was going to suggest he's in the cr@pper but his predecessor grabbed that little hidey hole first.

Yeah, that right, blame the victims for being robbed.

Read your history books of 1973, 76 and myriad other bloody events in Thai history if you can't read the writing on the wall now.

I agree.Check out who gave finance and moral support to right wing fascist mobs then and who does it now.

Oh yeah! Read your history books.

Plachon explains it rather well in spite of himself. Good job.

:o

Could you go to any parliament, government house or congress in the world, do this type of damage and expect to escape scott free?

If there is a problem with the amounts, perhaps Sondhi and his Pad followers can employ the contractors and restore it to its original state. Save arguing on costs if they just do the work and pay for it themselves doesn't it? Or am I being too simplistic?

But this is Thailand where people are not held accountable for their actions.

I thought maybe the adults were on vacation but in fact there aren't any.

Sure...but when they ask for 500 million to block 1400 websites we have a clear understanding how 1 stolen desk* could build up to be a 100 million baht renovation.

(*: Don't think a desk was stolen, it is an analogy to show the point...)

So why don't you volunteer to pay for that minimal damage, according to you it will not amount to much.

If there is a problem with the amounts, perhaps Sondhi and his Pad followers can employ the contractors and restore it to its original state. Save arguing on costs if they just do the work and pay for it themselves doesn't it? Or am I being too simplistic?

It would be interesting to see the quotes obtained by the PAD.

Frankly I'm amazed that people actually believe anything the government says, but emotions are high and people have taken up positions accordingly.

I spent an afternoon at the GH site when PAD were there. They were very quiet. Didn't look like rampagers to me. All the stalls and services around the assembly area were running briskly. All was good humour . I can't see how or why they would have felt inspired to go off and damage things. Throughout the occupation they were continually being exhorted to clean up after themselves.

When they took the site there would have been damage. When they were under attack by the redshirts there would have been damage. When they were attacked on October 7 there would have been damage. However, I'm very, very suspicious of any estimates or any claims whatsoever put forward by this (caretaker) government or their civil service or their police.

When I told my wife,who is a strong supporter of the PAD,that her friends damaged the Government House I was told that these rumours were spread by the red shirt mob.In fact the damage was done by spies of the government.Now we all know.

The Nation has a good story about all the damage done, including pics of the furniture slashed with knives.

PAD has set-up a legal defense fund to fight any claims for damages, but insists they won't pay for any damages actually done by their hooligans since the illegal occupation in August.

Personally, the PAD apologists on TV really turn my stomach sometimes.

~WISteve

When I told my wife,who is a strong supporter of the PAD,that her friends damaged the Government House I was told that these rumours were spread by the red shirt mob.In fact the damage was done by spies of the government.Now we all know.

And it might not be far fetched at all!

Think about V-man, undercover, liaison officer, remember how the accusations of the "homemade bombs blew them limbs off and killed the girl..." and this was stated by a police speaker (!!!) turned out? :o

I think the whole affair has to be taken with a grain of salt - accusations, black mail, deceit, lies will keep on coming, that is for sure - remember the man behind it all and his "honest lies".... just a thought or two!

Who has nanosecond more credibility and who's lost it completely?

And it might not be far fetched at all!

Think about V-man, undercover, liaison officer, remember how the accusations of the "homemade bombs blew them limbs off and killed the girl..." and this was stated by a police speaker (!!!) turned out? :o

I think the whole affair has to be taken with a grain of salt - accusations, black mail, deceit, lies will keep on coming, that is for sure - remember the man behind it all and his "honest lies".... just a thought or two!

Who has nanosecond more credibility and who's lost it completely?

Channel 9 (MSN) had footage of the GH interior a couple of nights ago. It all looked to be in excellent condition - as if untouched. Must have been before the orders came through to paint a different picture.