Government House Damages Estimated At Bt100 Million

womble

What a pointless argument - trying to decide whose ideology is right based on the number of people killed by the other side.

Reds do not have any ideology, they exist only for the sake of Thaksin who is excluded from applying any ideology Red leaders spout from their loudspeakers.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never claimed that PAD 'is not violent' [sic], that is a lie.

I have said that the majority, as evidence shows, of people being a part of the PAD demonstrations are not. I would assume as would be the case for the reds on a national scale.

Then why do YOU keep trying to pretend that the reds are more violent than the yellows and making up silly reasons why?

The yellows only use revolvers to try to kill people. :o

military weapon: a weapon, especially one used in warfare ( often used in the plural )

encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861586803/arm.html

I have been in the military and revolvers kill people and are used by the military and the police in many countries as are many rifles that are not "assault weapons". Your definition is wrong.

You are truly amazing...

YOU and your ilk is saying the yellow are more dangerous then the reds and that they are using military weapons. Which is a lie. I also pointed out that the 'other side' has 'shadow groups' that use for instance the M79 grenade launcher. You claimed PAD use 'military rifles' but have supplied zero evidence for it. maybe they have - so source it. So far you have not.

If you have been in the military then you would know the difference between weapons.

I'm not sure what army you where in if you claim that revolvers was used as very few solders use them at all. They are far more popular with law enforcement.

And the brute amount of revolvers are in civilian hands, and used for civilian use.

With your logic knifes would be a military weapon. As it is by fact used (carried) in greater number than revolvers throughout the armies in the world.

Luckily you are not the judge of how weapons are classified. You sound like a New York Liberal on an anti-gun rampage. And I'm sure that is not your intention nor view. You just happen to take that extreme position to justify your previous lies.

How about you at least pretended to be fair and balanced?

I have said over and over again that both groups are violent and both groups have used military weapons. You are the one who keeps insisting that the reds are much worse because the yellows "only" use revolvers to kill people that have pissed them off.

That is a bunch of cr*p, but revolvers are military weapons, all kinds of rifles are military wepons and, yes, knives are military weapons. It does not matter how 'popular" they are. The point is that ALL of them kill people and ALL of them are used by the military.

Semper Fi, Mo Fo! :D

So you claim that all weapons (or 'tools' as they are called by some) are military weapons, just on the basis that they could - theoretically - kill someone?

Wow, are you the spokesman for Rosie O'Donnell by any chance?

You back-peddling to cover from the fact that you LIED about the yellow using 'military rifles' is amusing. You haven't even yet sourced that part, never mind the semantics about the classification.

<br />Government House damages estimated at Bt100 million<br /><br /><br /><br />The cost of damage to the Government House and lost items is estimated to reach Bt100 million, Government Spokesman Nattawut Saikua said Wednesday.<br /><br />He said he received reports from officials who went to retrieve documents and personal belongings in the Office of the Permanent Secretary found many items were missing including computer notebooks, cash from merit making ceremony, cash belonging to state officials, walky-talky, mobile phones, royal decorations, and handy drivers.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Absoltute disgrace, couldn't the leaders have taken an area to store everything and lock it away? There must have been some extremely important and maybe sensitive documents and material in there. The leaders must have known that and should have had an immediate plan to keep everything safe from the start. Laptops could contain anything, this is a matter of national security. Forget the material things and the cash for a minute (which is bad enough), and think about exactly what secrets could be hidden behind those walls.<br /><br />Also can anyone enlighten me asto what on earth a "handy driver" is???<br /><br /><br />By the way this is just one office they are talking about...........<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

....just so people know, the damages to government house do not even come close to the estimated 100 million baht damage quotes, a few broken windows and electronic equipment and the lawn...as was aired on thai television...

the government spokesman Nattuwut Saikua told a straight up lie....

for 100 million baht you can build 400 three story shophouses.....must be a big lawn at government house to accumulate 100 million baht worth of damage.

Edited by Vato

What a pointless argument - trying to decide whose ideology is right based on the number of people killed by the other side.

Reds do not have any ideology, they exist only for the sake of Thaksin who is excluded from applying any ideology Red leaders spout from their loudspeakers.

What a pleasant change from your usually well thought out, cleverly presented, erudite prose. It's nice to see you can have a good rant when you want, just like the rest of us. :D

PS "Red leaders spout from their loudspeakers" ?? :o

gallery_35489_956_76074.jpg

Damage to the government

translated and summarized from Matichon

Column: The Editorial

December 11, 2008

The Office of the National Security Council in the office of the Prime Minister is one of the offices that suffered damage and loss after the parliament house been occupied. The investigation found the visible cameras in the office entry were sacked and damaged, automatic fence signals were cut off, many cars tire were flattened, not to mention official rooms which were violated.

The shocking report even mentioned the trespass to the main offices and the loss of six vital hard disks which contained terabytes of fundamental information essential to the country's stability. Terdthai Sriuppara, Director of IT and Infrastructure, claimed that the damage on only hardware and software cost around 40 million baht excluding the lost of essential information on crisis control, terrorism and others that has been kept from 2004. This information is surely priceless.

The action of PAD in occupying Government House is unexpected and never happened before in Thai political history. The occupation left no chance for the officials to take their personal belongings and official documents and is too surprising for the public to accept.

PAD irresponsibility is shown when there is no practical policy to prohibit the pilferer, which would damage the country's continuity and cause the damage to the offices in Government House.

PAD should take responsibility for the lost that occurred or criticism from the public might occur. It should also be the reason for PAD and any party not to occupy any official offices again.

Thais as well as the other countries should have the best security to cover the effective officials and the secure documents that they keep. The pilferer of PAD should receive proper investigation and the information found should be announced to the public to confirm the country's stability. Police officials should find the felons and pilferer of the country's official office.

This should not be taken lightly and Thais should not let it go easily.

I have said that the majority, as evidence shows, of people being a part of the PAD demonstrations are not. I would assume as would be the case for the reds on a national scale.

Then why do YOU keep trying to pretend that the reds are more violent than the yellows and making up silly reasons why?

military weapon: a weapon, especially one used in warfare ( often used in the plural )

I have been in the military and revolvers kill people and are used by the military and the police in many countries as are many rifles that are not "assault weapons". Your definition is wrong.

You are truly amazing...

YOU and your ilk is saying the yellow are more dangerous then the reds and that they are using military weapons. Which is a lie. I also pointed out that the 'other side' has 'shadow groups' that use for instance the M79 grenade launcher. You claimed PAD use 'military rifles' but have supplied zero evidence for it. maybe they have - so source it. So far you have not.

If you have been in the military then you would know the difference between weapons.

I'm not sure what army you where in if you claim that revolvers was used as very few solders use them at all. They are far more popular with law enforcement.

And the brute amount of revolvers are in civilian hands, and used for civilian use.

With your logic knifes would be a military weapon. As it is by fact used (carried) in greater number than revolvers throughout the armies in the world.

Luckily you are not the judge of how weapons are classified. You sound like a New York Liberal on an anti-gun rampage. And I'm sure that is not your intention nor view. You just happen to take that extreme position to justify your previous lies.

I have said over and over again that both groups are violent and both groups have used military weapons. You are the one who keeps insisting that the reds are much worse because the yellows "only" use revolvers to kill people that have pissed them off.

That is a bunch of cr*p, but revolvers are military weapons, all kinds of rifles are military wepons and, yes, knives are military weapons. It does not matter how 'popular" they are. The point is that ALL of them kill people and ALL of them are used by the military.

So you claim that all weapons (or 'tools' as they are called by some) are military weapons, just on the basis that they could - theoretically - kill someone?

You back-peddling to cover from the fact that you LIED about the yellow using 'military rifles' is amusing. You haven't even yet sourced that part, never mind the semantics about the classification.

You seem to be too thick to understand that ALL rifles and ALL pistols are military weapons in armies all over the planet, but at least most other people realize that they ALL kill people. Your lies, rationalizations and truth twisting on the behalf of the PAD have just gotten boring. They are as bad as the reds.

Go away kid, Ya bother me! :D

You are truly amazing...

You seem to be too thick to understand that ALL rifles and ALL pistols are military weapons in armies all over the planet, but at least most other people realize that they ALL kill people. Your lies, rationalizations and truth twisting on the behalf of the PAD have just gotten boring. They are as bad as the reds.

Go away kid, Ya bother me! :D

Can you stop spreading your lies to cover for your other lies? It gets bothersome.

No, all weapons are not deemed military weapons by law. Only in your imagination.The meaning of a military weapon is often very clearly specified in different countries laws regarding weapons to prohibit or limit their usage by civilians.

You still have failed to provide ANY PROOF that [any, military or not] rifles was used by the PAD.

You stated it and I asked for the source. You have given none. Then you try to pretend your imaginary classification of all weapons as military is the key issue.

Again you act like you are trying to defend WMD-fantasies in Iraq.

The point is yellow may have fired in the direction of people,

but no one was killed.

The numbers of actual deaths caused by either side

stacks clearly HIGHER on the Thaksin forces side.

So, what you are saying is that they are both trying to kill people, but Thaksin's guys are better shots. :o

A noted yes pointless to peg ideology to body count.

Thaksins guys seem to aim to kill more,

might be one way to put it.

Damage to the government

December 11, 2008

...Terdthai Sriuppara, Director of IT and Infrastructure, claimed that the damage on only hardware and software cost around 40 million baht excluding the lost of essential information on crisis control, terrorism and others that has been kept from 2004. This information is surely priceless....

What is Thai for "Off-site backups"?.

Congratulations to Terdthai's mum for giving him such an apt name.

• 2 weeks later...

PM's Office to seek legal action against PAD : PM

The Nation

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Friday the Office of the Permanent Secretary for PM's Office would file a complaint with police against the People's Alliance for Democracy next month.

He said the office will file the complaint against the PAD over the loss of and damage to state and personal property inside Government House during its occupation of the compound.

He said the government was obliged to take the action because the property items concerned were state assets. "If we don't take legal action, we will be responsible for all the damage," Abhisit said.

He said the office would file the complaint on January 5 or 6.

The Nation Fri, December 26, 2008

What a pleasant change from your usually well thought out, cleverly presented, erudite prose. It's nice to see you can have a good rant when you want, just like the rest of us. :D

PS "Red leaders spout from their loudspeakers" ?? :o

Is that the bit where the PAD leader was saying that " the rural poor were to ignorant and uneducated to vote"

gallery_35489_956_76074.jpg

Damage to the government

December 11, 2008

...Terdthai Sriuppara, Director of IT and Infrastructure, claimed that thedamage on only

hardware and software cost around 40 million baht * excluding the lost of essential information

on crisis control, terrorism and others that has been kept from 2004. This information is surely priceless....

What is Thai for "Off-site backups"? §.

Congratulations to Terdthai's mum for giving him such an apt name.

§ Non-existent.

Likely because it's a farhang idea, not Thai enough.

* His cousin has an IT shop,

and the stuff needed upgrading anyway it's a year old now.

The officials had some time to secure this priceless info before PAD arrived,

they telegraphed their moves well in advance. The place wasn't completely

surrounded day one either. But clearly the ministries, want people to believe

that they had no plan to safeguard their info in case of public disturbances.

Good way to PAD the budget though, no?

Edited by animatic

Wiresok and Jetset, where would you put Reds on ideology scale? Are they lefties? Do they want redistribution of wealth via taxing the rich? Their poster boy Thaksin can teach them a thing or two about rich and their dues to the society? Leftist views certainly to no apply to Thaksin, do they?

Are they liberals? Do they advocate free media? Again, Thaksin can teach them a thing or two about media control, like launching secret investigations against journalists, suing everyone who doesn't toe the line, or simply buying TV channels. Where is that priceless picture of Thaksin with his "X" sign, teaching the journalists how to ask proper questions.

Do they campaign for democracy? Thaksin, again, told everybody that they don't need democracy, that such lofty ideas need not enter villages at all. They just need to be fed and clothed and kept happy.

>>>>>>>>

That's what I meant when I said that whatever reds campaing for on their stage, they don't apply it in real life. In real life TRT/PPP is ideologically fascist - right wing, totalitarian, waving "national unity" banner that appeals to lower classes.

• 2 weeks later...