Non Imm. O

I got my mutiple non O on July 28/04 (to early) the stamp utilized by date is July 27/05 which as I understand will give me a stay till approx. Oct 25 provided I make a trip out of the Kingdom just befor the July 27 date. My flight out (home) is at the end of December----Can I get a 60 day tourist visa/extention from Imm. in Oct. to carry me untill my flight date? Or would I be better advised to reapply for a new Non O in my own Country (pay another $125). If so is the first one automatically void.

Yes. From a Consulate outside Thailand. Will normally require a day wait and pay fee. 30 day stay stamp is just a border crossing (plus visa if required) and no fee. If you have funds and only do two times the 30 day stamp should not be a problem (but of course that could change in another year).

Yes.  From a Consulate outside Thailand.  Will normally require a day wait and pay fee.  30 day stay stamp is just a border crossing (plus visa if required) and no fee.  If you have funds and only do two times the 30 day stamp should not be a problem (but of course that could change in another year).

Does this mean you think the thai authorities will stop people doing the '30-day stamp run' consecutively ?

Yes.  From a Consulate outside Thailand.  Will normally require a day wait and pay fee.  30 day stay stamp is just a border crossing (plus visa if required) and no fee.  If you have funds and only do two times the 30 day stamp should not be a problem (but of course that could change in another year).

Does this mean you think the thai authorities will stop people doing the '30-day stamp run' consecutively ?

Have no more reason to think that than to think the future will not bring any change. I do believe authorities are already checking this more closely and can not predict what may happen. But my guess is that two would not be a problem in any case. But I have no idea why he is here of what he is doing so that may have some effect also.

I got my mutiple non O on July 28/04 (to early) the stamp utilized by date is July 27/05 which as I understand will give me a stay till approx. Oct 25 provided I make a trip out of the Kingdom just befor the July 27 date.  My flight out (home) is at the end of December----Can I get a 60 day tourist visa/extention from Imm. in Oct. to carry me untill my flight date? Or would I be better advised to reapply for a new Non O in my own Country (pay another $125). If so is the first one automatically void.

Where are you now? in Thailand or USA?

If still in USA maybe best to get a new visa. Have a word with the consulate, you never know what they may be willing to do for you. A friend of mine (in UK) has in the past managed to get his visa changed at no extra cost. He made the mistake, not the consulate. You never know how helpful they may be unless you ask.

Unless things have changed, I used to be able to get 2 extensions on my visa. The first 30 day extension, no problem. Close to expiry of the extension, I would apply for a further extension of 30 days. The passport was returned marked as under consideration and to return in 15 days for decision. After the 15 days, I was always given the additional 15 days and the word "final" written across the stamp. This was in Pattaya, so not sure if it is available at every immigration office. Would this bring you up to the date of your flight?