Buying A Computer In Bangkok

ThaiLife

Ive all ready posted this in the computer section, but though it may be better here ...

I am looking to take a day bus trip to Bangkok and have a look to see what's available in computer notebooks , having never before ventured to Bangkok to look for this sort of thing I could really do with some advice , could some one please recommend where to go and see a good range of notebooks and where to steer clear of, any advice or comments to make my buying trip a hassle free time would be most welcome

TL

Numerous IT city malls in Bkk.

try Fortune Town - PhraRahm9 / Rachadapisek

Zeer Rungsit - north of the old (Dorn Meuang) airport on Viphawadi Road.

or any Data IT outlet - always have a good range of notebooks and the chain has been around for along time so warranties are not so much of a problem. link to website.

Cheers. :o

Numerous IT city malls in Bkk.

try Fortune Town - PhraRahm9 / Rachadapisek

Zeer Rungsit - north of the old (Dorn Meuang) airport on Viphawadi Road.

or any Data IT outlet - always have a good range of notebooks and the chain has been around for along time so warranties are not so much of a problem. link to website.

Cheers. :o

I don't think that a link to a compan's website is a great deal of use if it, the website, is only in Thai--or is there a language icon to change it to English??

Edit.

OOoops---just entered the site and hey presto some of it is in English--so, apologies, my bad.

Edited by haybilly

Thanks for all the info, The bus I am going to take goes to the Ekamai bus station, I don't know Bangkok well. so could I take the sky train from in front of the Ekamai bus station and get to the Fortune Tower Building ..? if not what's the best way to get to Fortune Tower ?

Thanks

TL

Thanks for all the info, The bus I am going to take goes to the Ekamai bus station, I don't know Bangkok well. so could I take the sky train from in front of the Ekamai bus station and get to the Fortune Tower Building ..? if not what's the best way to get to Fortune Tower ?

Thanks

TL

Can do, skytrain next to ekkamai bus station to Asoke. Change to the underground and take it to Rama 9 station, Fortune town is there.

Depends on the time of day! :o

should be between 50 and 60 baht

Assuming he means during the open hours of Fortune Town :D and for argument sake let's say late morning on a saturday, a taxi will cost you exactly 78 baht, 50 satang. I have allowed an extra 8 baht for the invetable (sp) parking lot situation as one approached Emporium - if it is the last weekend of the month, add another 8 baht to compensate for all the girls going to get their hair done before eating Japanese food in the foodcourt.

go to pan tip,you will get best deals and with lot of free materials like,printer,scanner,hadphone, cleanning kit........etc............

Specially now where they have some "Promotional Sale" going!

Pantip ALL under ONE Roof, the shop on the top floor (don't know it's name) has some outstanding deals!

For laptops, decide on a model in the less stressful environment of Fortune IT. Prices are pretty good there too.

Then if you can be bothered, go to pantip to try and save a couple of hundred baht or extort a free mousepad from one of the hundreds of shops selling the same stuff.

Building desktops, pantip.