Thaksin To Announce Return To Thai Politics

sabaijai

I thought Thaksin and another 110 TRT executives were banned from politics for 5 years. Whatever happened to that ? When will charges be laid against Thaksin and the other TRT executives who have remained active in politics despite being banned ?

God help us when Thaksin's sister becomes Thailand's first woman prime minister. Don't Thais think there is something wrong with rotating members of the same family as a country's prime minister ? Thailand doesn't need a dynasty who seek to promote themselves as the country's first family.

Anyone know if George Bush & George W Bush is related? Or the Clintons? How could this happen in USA! In Singapore, India, Philippines, Pakistan, I can accept that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so he is not 'coming back' coming back, he is doing a video appearance???

The State will just cut the 'feed' to the Stadium...

and wouldn't this 'talk' of coming back just be a back up plan if he can't buy his way into some other country?

is he being deported to Thailand, or can he choose South America/?

he probably has enough to live on...

and, oh yea, can I apply to his fund to help street girls??? :o

The Singapore govt will not cut the feed. All the satelite are now own by Singapore govt. It is Singapore intest to see chaos in Thailand.

Edited by CuttySark

No home, and 76 Billion baht ( real or not?) frozen in a bank account..... guess no choice but to fight for a guy like him.

I guess

1. Agree to share some of the 76B. bt if he can be restored to power

2. Recoup investment later with more cronisim Marco style.

For the brits living here, lets hope 4 u he dont get back in....can see many visa issues for Brits in the future. (then again, with the puppets here already, whats stoopping him now ? )

Edited by skippybangkok

In an exclusive interview with Arabian Business, to be published next Sunday, Shinawatra said the UK would "feel sorrow" for revoking his visa and accused the British government of not respecting its own democratic values.

Hilarious. Yes Mr Taksin, the whole world *does* revolve around you :o

"With me at the helm I can bring confidence quickly back to Thailand. We have to find a mechanism under which I can go back, that is why I must tell you that I will go back into politics."

Bulletproof ego too :D

The correct word is insane.

They've been laughing about that interview on the PAD stage. He's let his guard down. His attempt to show himself to the ingenuous of the world, as some hard done by, misunderstood saviour of the poor of Thailand, indeed, the world (yoohoo, you listening Mr Head? ) has now taken such a severe knock, he's never coming back as anything than the richest inmate of aThai Home for The Bewildered, as we Irish say :o

In an exclusive interview with Arabian Business, to be published next Sunday, Shinawatra said the UK would "feel sorrow" for revoking his visa and accused the British government of not respecting its own democratic values.

Hilarious. Yes Mr Taksin, the whole world *does* revolve around you :o

"With me at the helm I can bring confidence quickly back to Thailand. We have to find a mechanism under which I can go back, that is why I must tell you that I will go back into politics."

Bulletproof ego too :D

The correct word is insane.

Delusional meglomaniac, with rampant hubris and a Napoleon complex.

He isn't quite up to Calugula status yet,

and hasn't YET nominated his horse for Foreign Minster.. just Noppadom.

They've been laughing about that interview on the PAD stage. He's let his guard down. His attempt to show himself to the ingenuous of the world, as some hard done by, misunderstood saviour of the poor of Thailand, indeed, the world (yoohoo, you listening Mr Head? ) has now taken such a severe knock, he's never coming back as anything than the richest inmate of aThai Home for The Bewildered, as we Irish say :D

Sorry to shock you there, but most of the rest of the world see this as an attempted coup against an elected Government. An unelected body ousted him 2 years ago and rigged the election and the courts and disolved his party and banned his supporters from gathering or protesting in Bangkok.

This must rank (as it is viewed outside of PADland) as a failure absolutely of the first order as he still managed to get elected despite all that. Thinking (as opposed to brainwased rhetoric) is that on a level playing field they could have won the election by a much greater margin than they did.

Thaksin really is viewed as very tame in a worldwide sense. Even if everything levied against him is true, it pales compared to most African nations, Burma, Tibet, China, Zimabwee etc.

:o Awaits Kneed jerk PAD response! :D

Thaksin won't return this Christmas: Pongthep

(BangkokPost.com) - Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not come back to Thailand this year, according to his spokesman Pongthep Thepkanjana.

"Mr Thaksin has not spoken to me about his return to the country. The last time he phoned me was last week," said the spokesman.

Mr Thaksin's former lawyer and ex-foreign minister Noppadon Pattama said it would not be safe for the deposed premier be in the country at the moment.

"Mr Thaksin would not be safe, even in Thai prisons. What would happen if they let madmen get close to him," said Mr Noppadon.

What a huge change of heart! The champion of democracy, Thaksin, stated on various occasions that he was..."not afraid to die for democracy." Here he had another chance to promote his democracy, and as usual, has done nothing but renegade on his words. Oh, my, the madmen might get him. What next?

source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132287

Thaksin won't return this Christmas: Pongthep

(BangkokPost.com) - Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not come back to Thailand this year, according to his spokesman Pongthep Thepkanjana.

"Mr Thaksin has not spoken to me about his return to the country. The last time he phoned me was last week," said the spokesman.

Mr Thaksin's former lawyer and ex-foreign minister Noppadon Pattama said it would not be safe for the deposed premier be in the country at the moment.

"Mr Thaksin would not be safe, even in Thai prisons. What would happen if they let madmen get close to him," said Mr Noppadon.

What a huge change of heart! The champion of democracy, Thaksin, stated on various occasions that he was..."not afraid to die for democracy." Here he had another chance to promote his democracy, and as usual, has done nothing but renegade on his words. Oh, my, the madmen might get him. What next?

source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132287

Well. the MADMAN is he himself, should not let anyone close to him!

Christmas in St.Moritz then?

Sorry to shock you there, but most of the rest of the world see this as an attempted coup against an elected Government. An unelected body ousted him 2 years ago and rigged the election and the courts and disolved his party and banned his supporters from gathering or protesting in Bangkok.

Actually the rest of the world see Thaksin as Yet Another Tin Pot Asian Despot.

citation needed......

Yes, but a harmless one and Tin Pot implies that. He was also, and I'll put it in big words for you an elected one. Elected even though in proxy, despite all the hurdles and laws put in place to prevent him from being.

citation needed......

Failed Tin Pot Asian Despot?

He has been sited in Dubai.

Chris, maybe that fits better!

Where is a good Elba when we need it?