Propellerhead Reason V2.0.0.0

WeeGB

Hi, I've got a music program in the UK, called Propellerhead Reason, (v2.0.0.0), which I've had for a few years. I copied the cds (3 in total), onto my hard drive and brought it over here. Now I can't get the programs to install. When I double-click the installer file, nothing happens. I've tried turning the files into a disc image, burning to a cd, then trying to install from the cd, but again nothing. Is there anything I can do to be able to use this program?

Failing that is it possible to get a similar program in Thailand?

Reason is a really good synthesizer/recording studio/ effects package.

Any help / advice appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there,

Panthip, Fortune Town, Zeer, Fashion Island, all will have copies of the latest version of Reason (I'm using v. 4). Not only that, but you can also buy virtually any sound pack you are looking for. Expect the DVD disks to be 200 Baht a pop (I think v4 came on 2 DVDs...400 Baht).

Look around, there will probably only be one or two places selling DAW software, but that place will have EVERYTHING!

I too love Reason! The Best!

Hi tominbkk, thanks for the advice, I'll ask my thai brother in law to try and get it for me - he works in Bangkok, and it's a five hour bus ride from Phetchabon. :o

Don't know if you're interested, but before we left the UK last week there was a TV show which showed a new vocal plug-in, for XP, which turned the lady presenters' vocals from average to amazing. All in just a few minutes. Speaking as someone who definitely hasn't got the X-factor vocally, (though it's what I always wanted, it's my dream), :D:D , I definitely will be looking to get a copy at sometime in the future.

Here's the address of the show:

http://musicianstools.wordpress.com/2008/11/06/channel-fives-the-gadget-show-focuses-on-music-recording/

The UK price is 250 quid, though I've seen it discounted to 199, (which at current exchange rates is probably about 3 billion baht!!)

If you're a regular visitor to Panthip etc, it's worth keeping an eye out for.

Keep on Trucking - as us old hippies like to say. :D

Edited by WeeGB

Hi there,

Panthip, Fortune Town, Zeer, Fashion Island, all will have copies of the latest version of Reason (I'm using v. 4). Not only that, but you can also buy virtually any sound pack you are looking for. Expect the DVD disks to be 200 Baht a pop (I think v4 came on 2 DVDs...400 Baht).

Look around, there will probably only be one or two places selling DAW software, but that place will have EVERYTHING!

I too love Reason! The Best!

Isn't discussion of illegal software against the rules of TV?

Edited by sniffdog

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if you're interested, but before we left the UK last week there was a TV show which showed a new vocal plug-in, for XP, which turned the lady presenters' vocals from average to amazing. All in just a few minutes. Speaking as someone who definitely hasn't got the X-factor vocally, (though it's what I always wanted, it's my dream), :o:D , I definitely will be looking to get a copy at sometime in the future.

If you're a regular visitor to Panthip etc, it's worth keeping an eye out for.

I've seen that program available, can't wait to try it!