Non-immigrant Visa/wp Question For Foreign Worker Needed ?

Hello eveyrbody !

this is my first post here - Hi folks out there !

This forum is nice and very informative. StillI could not find my specific case answered yet.

I hope somebody has knowledge about the following case.

Company (located in Germany) plans to send me for afaik at the moment 9-12 months.

learning Thai then doing market research, and at the

end making contacts to new potential customers/suppliers in Thailand.

German consulate tells me one year business multiple entry Business visa is possible.

But they could not confirm wether I do need a work permit for Thailand or not, since in my case

the employer is a foreign company with no branch office in Thailand. Salary is paid within Germany

to my German account. I keep a German residency adress.

Has anybody experience with this ?

Thanks for advise :o

Micha

PS.:

In case I hold the non-imm B multiple entry visa type for one year. Do I need to make 90 days visa runs?

Do they ask for a work permit (because I have business visa) when I make the re-entry from a visa runs?

In case I hold the non-imm B multiple entry visa type for one year. Do I need to make 90 days visa runs?

Do they ask for a work permit (because I have business visa) when I make the re-entry from a visa runs?

With a Multi Entry Non Imm Visa you would have to cross a border and return every 90 days.

They will not look at work permit.

With a Multi Entry Non Imm Visa you would have to cross a border and return every 90 days.

They will not look at work permit.

Hi!, thanks for the quick reply. That sounds good already.

I hope somebody can share their experiences, especially concerning the

constelation (German employer, no office in Thailand, business (market research) being conducted in Thailand ---> WP a must ?

Cheers

Micha

You cannot get a work permit unless the company sets up a represneitive or branch office here.

Whether you need a work permit or not sort of falls into a grey area so you are not going to get a definitive answer.

While you are going to school no and maybe reasearch. Making customer contacts maybe yes.

You cannot get a work permit unless the company sets up a represneitive or branch office here.

Whether you need a work permit or not sort of falls into a grey area so you are not going to get a definitive answer.

While you are going to school no and maybe reasearch. Making customer contacts maybe yes.

Hello ubonjoe

Thanks for your advise. Yes I see its a bit tricky.

Basically it would be enough for the beginning to apply for Study/Research Visa.

Since I wont work without speaking the language.

Later I could change it to non-imm.B in case the company wants to me to start working

and the company must fullfill the requirements for the work permit application. (representation/branch office)

Did I understnd correctly?

BTW, Where can I find more information about setting up a branch office/representative office.

Is it necessary to hire Thai people only to meet the 7(3?) shareholders Thai people law. And the 1 Farang for 4 Thai

employees law ? IT would be very costly to do so just to do a market analysis.

Or are their any special regulations for a pure representive office (for foreign company)

in order to conduct market research.

Thanks for your valuable advise

regards

Micha

Or are their any special regulations for a pure representive office (for foreign company)

in order to conduct market research.

Be careful about what you define as a representative office in Thailand, if memory serves, a pure representive office in Thailand, sources Thai products and services for "export" outside Thailand, for this you dont need the 4+1 employees etc.

If you are planning to provide products and services in Thailand through a branch company of your German based company you need to set up a Thai limited company with the normal 49%/51% shareholding, THB 2.0mil capitalisation etc....the 4+1 staff base for your work permit is only for your extension of stay...ie you dont need to do 3 monthly visa runs....

Why dont you explore the options with Sunbelt or similar company, they will get you on the right track..