JimmyTheMook

Broke down and dug deep for the 150 baht special offered at the Carrefore kiosk

Chicken Curry with rice and nan bread.

Good points :

Good size portion with nice white meat chicken

Nice freshly made nan while you wait

jasmine rice

Bad:

curry sauce was sweet and did not have much of any other flavor.

100% spot on jimmy, although if I may add a weighting factor 10% for each of the good points and 70% for the bad one.

It was my first and last curry there.

<snip>

. Our meals arrived at 9:30pm, 1 hour 30 minutes after we ordered.

When we asked for the bill, we got another nice surprise, the price of a small Chang beer had risen from around 40 or 50 baht to 90 baht. 90 baht for a small chang beer in a small cheap restaurant.. Im no cheap charlie but I have been here long enough to know that is way overpriced.

Since we have ate there several times and the owner knows us quite well, we were a little disappointed that it seemed as though "indian customers come first". The cooks even cleared their table before making any attempt at making our meals...

<snip>

2 more customers came whilst we were waiting who also had a long wait and they also noticed what was going on, so it wasn't just us who noticed this..

They were always slow making the orders when they were down at the bottom of the hill by Thepprasit too.

Were these the same people who used to operate out of a small shop next to the supermarket at the junction of Thappraya/Thapprasit? I used to get excellent food from there, and miss it now it's gone.

Any Indian food recommendations for Jomtien?

100% spot on jimmy, although if I may add a weighting factor 10% for each of the good points and 70% for the bad one.

It was my first and last curry there.

Exactly my thoughts.

I paid 485 baht for 2 curries, rice, popadoms and Naan. I would have at least expected a freshly made meal, It was quite late at night and my curry was just heated up and all was ready within a few minutes. For the price, a freshly made curry would have been nice.

Maybe I am spoilt by the excellent food at the Tikka Center on Soi Bua Khao. I will not return to Carrefour indian again. We left half of our meals, and both had very bad stomachs the next day..

To add onto that, the girl behind the counter didn't have any change, and was keeping us waiting searching for a 10 baht coin and asking the other workers if they had any change. I told her to forget it as my meal was getting cold.

Anyone know of any other good Indian restaurant similar to the Tikka center?

Were these the same people who used to operate out of a small shop next to the supermarket at the junction of Thappraya/Thapprasit? I used to get excellent food from there, and miss it now it's gone.

Yes, they once mentioned to us that they used to have a shop in the Jomtien area.

Yes it's the same people but now moved to Soi Buakhao.

Besides the 'India By Nature' the only other Indian place I know in that area is on Pratumnak Hill the corner of Soi 5.

Nice garden setting and a decent curry. About 500 Baht for a meal for 2 with a beer.

Yes it's the same people but now moved to Soi Buakhao.

Besides the 'India By Nature' the only other Indian place I know in that area is on Pratumnak Hill the corner of Soi 5.

Nice garden setting and a decent curry. About 500 Baht for a meal for 2 with a beer.

Sounds good.. I might give that place a try!

I once heard of one (From a Thaivisa member) in one of the soi's behind Tukcom, but I never had the chance to visit that area and check it out... Anyone tried it?

Theres a decent place called Kohinoor on No2 road south of pattaya tai opposite camelot hotel.

Only been the once about 6 months ago and it was good. I went to the all u can eat buffet Baht 189. open evenings after 6:30 for buffet.

Enjoyed a buffet meal there a couple of times myself and there's a good choice of (maybe 5?) dishes but while it sounds cheap, for 2 it's comparable to ordering 3 items off the menu.

every week, I get my vegetarian dish there,

its the first dish at the left side, in front of the cashier, 100 Baht with bred and rice,

and every time, I know, I will come back.

I do the same. I think the food is very good quality and well priced.

I live across the street from The Blue Elephant on Sathorn Road in Bangkok and eat there from time to time. Their prices are very high and the service not always good, more a place "to see and be seen" than a quality restaurant.

But the Carrefour on Rama IV in Bkk has a Blue Elephant outlet inside the store where take-away can be ordered. After 5 or 6 p.m. they cut the prices in half, a genuine bargain.

But the stall here in Pattaya is a regular stop for me. Worst is the noise from the rug-rats game machines, but I buy my food and take it to the other end of the court.

every week, I get my vegetarian dish there,

its the first dish at the left side, in front of the cashier, 100 Baht with bred and rice,

and every time, I know, I will come back.

I do the same. I think the food is very good quality and well priced.

I live across the street from The Blue Elephant on Sathorn Road in Bangkok and eat there from time to time. Their prices are very high and the service not always good, more a place "to see and be seen" than a quality restaurant.

But the Carrefour on Rama IV in Bkk has a Blue Elephant outlet inside the store where take-away can be ordered. After 5 or 6 p.m. they cut the prices in half, a genuine bargain.

But the stall here in Pattaya is a regular stop for me. Worst is the noise from the rug-rats game machines, but I buy my food and take it to the other end of the court.

ok, the noise is one thing,

since yesterday, the rice is no longer included, but ok,

high season, :o