Thailand Mortgage

Try UOB - they were doing loans to foreigners, depending on amount required and monthly income. BKK Bank used to do it but I heard they've stopped - suggest you check with them directly to be sure. No idea how flexible payment plans are though - as they're pretty much the only player in town doing it I would assume they're not that flexible.

Try UOB - they were doing loans to foreigners, depending on amount required and monthly income. BKK Bank used to do it but I heard they've stopped - suggest you check with them directly to be sure. No idea how flexible payment plans are though - as they're pretty much the only player in town doing it I would assume they're not that flexible.

Thanks

Unless your partner has sufficent 'points' to get a mortgage in their own right or you have a work permit you're going to have problems.

Most of the banks we've spoken to require the a Farang/Thai couple to be married officially, an exception being Thai Farmers Bank who SEEM to be doing the business for us (building loan, already own the land), but until I have the cheque in my hand no warranty is implied or inferred.

Is it possible to get a mortgage in thailand im english partner thai looking at around 50% ltv with option to pay off when and if the pound improves ?

If so what banks would you advise ?

If you are talking about getting a mortgage in your name, forget about Thai banks, whether you have a WP or not...

Up to a few years you used to be able to co-sign the loan on behalf of a Thai national, but the law was changed. Know this because co-signed a loan for the GF (now the wife) for a property she wanted to buy, she didnt work at the time, but SCB took my salary, WP, letter from the company etc into consideration and approved the loan for her...A collegue tried the same thing a few months later, same branch of bank etc and was declined citing a change in banking law...

No luck with UOB any other suggestions ?

really? did you talk to the officers who are familar with the international home loans to buy a condo in Thailand? (If you talk with any ole' front desk person, they just say "mai dai" "no have" as a knee jerk reaction---they have no initiative or incentive to know or learn anything beyond what is absolutely necessary beyond what is directly in front of their blinkered eyes...)...

click here for FAQs

UOB International Home Loan

Thailand condo loan app form here

App Form

No luck with UOB any other suggestions ?

really? did you talk to the officers who are familar with the international home loans to buy a condo in Thailand? (If you talk with any ole' front desk person, they just say "mai dai" "no have" as a knee jerk reaction---they have no initiative or incentive to know or learn anything beyond what is absolutely necessary beyond what is directly in front of their blinkered eyes...)...

click here for FAQs

UOB International Home Loan

Thailand condo loan app form here

App Form

Thanks for that,ive been to farmers bank and they seem to think it will be ok,just waitng for confirmation