Wireless Adsl

tgeezer

There are four lights on the box for my adsl; power, link, pc, and data. I now know that the trick is to have them all on, now there is no problem with three of them but the fourth 'link' can be very troublesome and without that there is nothing. I shall have to go up and play about with the 'phone' on/off to get the link light on to send this; I will give up then and go to bed. Can anyone explain what is going on? Usually it is not like this so should I just wait for another day?

There are four lights on the box for my adsl; power, link, pc, and data. I now know that the trick is to have them all on, now there is no problem with three of them but the fourth 'link' can be very troublesome and without that there is nothing. I shall have to go up and play about with the 'phone' on/off to get the link light on to send this; I will give up then and go to bed. Can anyone explain what is going on? Usually it is not like this so should I just wait for another day?

Gosh I would have thought that someone knew something about this, now I understand why someone was prepared to move lodgings over internet service.

Gosh I would have thought that someone knew something about this, now I understand why someone was prepared to move lodgings over internet service.

1: Power = ON (if Modem/Router is switched on)

2: Link = ON (if on working ADSL)

3: PC = ON (if connected)

4: Data = Blinking ( if Data are transmitted between ISP and PC and vice versa)

If you have on the same phone line as the Modem a Telephone as well, you must use an so named Splitter (Micro Filter). Line must be connected to the incoming phone line; Modem must connected to the the ADSL Modem/Router and Phone you can use for to connect the telephone set.

I would use the Splitter in any way even if I don't connect an Telephone.

Cheers.

1: Power = ON (if Modem/Router is switched on)

2: Link = ON (if on working ADSL)

3: PC = ON (if connected)

4: Data = Blinking ( if Data are transmitted between ISP and PC and vice versa)

If you have on the same phone line as the Modem a Telephone as well, you must use an so named Splitter (Micro Filter). Line must be connected to the incoming phone line; Modem must connected to the the ADSL Modem/Router and Phone you can use for to connect the telephone set.

I would use the Splitter in any way even if I don't connect an Telephone.

Cheers.

Thanks very much I will check or have the set up checked. Good to know that I am not being singled-out and deprived of service.

chok di

Thanks very much I will check or have the set up checked. Good to know that I am not being singled-out and deprived of service.

Yup ^^^. It is vital that all your phones, faxes and anything else that plugs into the phone line are on the non-line side of a splitter / filter, a phone connected without a splitter / filter will have interesting effects on your ADSL connection.

Note that the 'modem' connection on the splitter / filter is a straight-through link so you could actually plug the modem directly into the wall if there is no phone in the same room.

If you don't have enough splitters unplug all your phones (stops them disturbing you too) and see if the situation improves.

Edited by Crossy