Pad At Suvarnabhumi Airport

Kan Win

They have vehicle traffic shut down to and from the airport. People are being forced to walk in and out of the airport through the cargo terminal. I would guess about two or three kilometers. Traffic is backed up forever, its an absolute mess.

They have vehicle traffic shut down to and from the airport. People are being forced to walk in and out of the airport through the cargo terminal. I would guess about two or three kilometers. Traffic is backed up forever, its an absolute mess.

Cars still able to go through at 1600 hrs today when I passed, slowly, the partial roadblock enroute to the Novotel. Coming out of the Novotel headed to the Motorway, Hwy 7. in-bound was interesting, over on opposite side, in-bound to the airport (cargo area?) was blocked off with a long line of vehicles, mostly trucks, stopped.

Gonna have a lot of Ped off people tonight, especially those who miss a flight.

Mac

They are showing news footage on Thai TV news of passengers including angry farangs dragging heavy suitcases, in what is reported as a 3km walk to the airport. They focussed-in on one big fat angry farang but without sound and I was able to guess that he was not happy. I suppose they should be grateful it's not raining.....

They are showing news footage on Thai TV news of passengers including angry farangs dragging heavy suitcases, in what is reported as a 3km walk to the airport. They focussed-in on one big fat angry farang but without sound and I was able to guess that he was not happy. I suppose they should be grateful it's not raining.....

They are also showing news clips in BBC of PAD protesters firing at government supporters in Don Muang.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7747886.stm

Thai anti-government protesters have fired shots at government supporters, in Bangkok.

Thai TV showed footage of the incident, which took place on a road leading to the city's old airport.

People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protests have been going on for several months. The group is occupying the government compound and parliament.

They want the resignation of the government, which they accuse of being corrupt and hostile to the monarchy.

The footage, aired by public broadcaster TPBS, showed shots being fired from a truck at crowds on the ground.

At least two handguns could be seen.

The station said its cameraman had been threatened at the scene and that PAD personnel attempted to seize his tape, Reuters news agency said.

Col Piyapong Pholvanich told AFP news agency there had been a "a slight clash".

"I can confirm that there were gunshots," he said, adding that two people were injured but it was not clear if this was from the gunfire.

PAD protesters have converged on Bangkok's old Don Muang international airport, from where the cabinet has been operating since its offices were occupied.

Organisers say the protest is a "final battle" to bring down the government, but the BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok says the PAD may be losing steam.

Saw some of that on the 1900 hrs Thai news, guess I was lucky to get in, drop my friends off, and get out before things shut down. At least the two friends will be able to walk to Departure from the Novotel if things are still closed in the morning, altho hotel's shuttle might still run.

Mac