Visitors Visa But Married

With reference to the UK.

My Thai girlfriend had a six month visitors visa from May 1st to Nov 1st this year, she stayed for the entirety bar 5 weeks in the middle when we went to Thailand. (6 Month MULT entry visa)

I'd like to apply for another so that she can come back here for four months.

I read on the ukvisas.gov.uk website that normally visitors shouldn't be allowed to stay for more than 6 months in any 12 but it doesn't elaborate? I can't personally see any problem with it but would like to know if anyone else has any information.

Also,

I'm going to Thailand next week to get married (In relation to my other post, I opted for that option!) but whilst in Bangkok we'd like to apply for the said visa above. Being a visitors visa and with us getting married after the application will actually be submitted, or even if we declared we were married on the visa application would it present any problems?

ie. We're married but I only want a visitors visa.

(Reason for this is that the Settlement Visa is quite time consuming and I'd like her to just come over now using the quicker visitors visa route.)

Thanks in advance.

- Shug

I have the feeling you may well become one of the more celebrated posters in this forum should you persist in your relationship with the British visa section unrepresented.

Might I suggest you instruct a decent company now rather than later?

Davies Khan seems to have a proven reputation in this field and may well save you from yourself.

Hi, I was able to sponsor a couple of people on Vistor Visas even though by law, I was still married. You simply mark separated & this your new gf. No issue has occurred as long as they or you show you have the funds necessary for her stay.

Well this is for Aussies anyway, I feel the same will be true with UK. Cheers jayinoz

With reference to the UK.

My Thai girlfriend had a six month visitors visa from May 1st to Nov 1st this year, she stayed for the entirety bar 5 weeks in the middle when we went to Thailand. (6 Month MULT entry visa)

I'd like to apply for another so that she can come back here for four months.

I read on the ukvisas.gov.uk website that normally visitors shouldn't be allowed to stay for more than 6 months in any 12 but it doesn't elaborate? I can't personally see any problem with it but would like to know if anyone else has any information.

Also,

I'm going to Thailand next week to get married (In relation to my other post, I opted for that option!) but whilst in Bangkok we'd like to apply for the said visa above. Being a visitors visa and with us getting married after the application will actually be submitted, or even if we declared we were married on the visa application would it present any problems?

ie. We're married but I only want a visitors visa.

(Reason for this is that the Settlement Visa is quite time consuming and I'd like her to just come over now using the quicker visitors visa route.)

Thanks in advance.

- Shug

The 6 months out of every 12 is not a law, it's a guideline that the people issuing visas should keep a slight check that someone isn't using visit visas to effectively live in the UK, ie like a border runs in Thailand.