Bangkok Violence Video

farangnahrak

For those who havent already seen the craziness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQUvzQKeUc

Highlights:

<reference to King deleted>

Taxi driver gets beaten.

Cameraman is attacked and runs for his life.

Im disgusted.

Disgusted is an understatement. These idiots are bored & have little else to do. I hope they self destruct & take nobody else with them in that process.

How can you blame one particular group when clearly "it takes two to tango"?

If these idiots invested the same amount of time, energy & money in mounting a court case against the ELECTED government as they do with their puerile actions, there wouldn't be any of this nonsense.

It reminds me of "Conan the Barbarian".

Edited by elkangorito

For those who havent already seen the craziness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQUvzQKeUc

Highlights:

Taxi driver gets beaten.

Cameraman is attacked and runs for his life.

Im disgusted.

They are like savages meandathols hitting those motorbikes with sticks reminded me of watching a herd of wild animals

disgusting is on the mark :o

Actually, in lighter times, this could make a comedy classic when you see the whole scene unfolding right from the start. The big tough guys in red attacking the passing pickups, and then suddenly not looking so big and tough when someone bigger and tougher in yellow pulls out the guns.

Of course, the next step will be someone bigger and tougher to deal with the guns and that's where we seem to be headed at the moment.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

The video was featured on last night's BBC World News Service so the 'Good News' is getting around.

But take this as a warning - The behaviour featured in this news, and in the ongoing situation, is a result of Thais responding to a political mess of their own making 'Yellow Shirts' against 'Red Shirts'. I strongly suspect that the end of this mess will come when someone makes a call to Nationalism.

And nationalism risks Foreigners becoming the center of attention.

The mob has been let out of the box and are learning the can direct society which way they wish. Getting them back in the box is not going to be easy.

Ummmmm why was my reference to the king deleted? I was implying I was disgusted by the misuse of his image. There was nothing derogatory about it in the least.

Seriously though, no lesse majeste on thaivisa, please.

What I said was "Man holds image of the king behind the shooter"

Moderator, send me a message to explain why and Ill stop using the word 'king' in my messages! If simply using the word 'king' is banned, I'll stop saying king.

PAD vs. taxi drivers in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi

(BangkokPost.com) - People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters on Tuesday evening clashed with a group of pro-government taxi drivers on Vibhavadi Road, which left at least 11 injured. Two of the taxi drivers suffered gunshot wounds.

According to the police, the PAD demonstrators attempted to break into the Khon Rak Taxi (Taxi Lovers) radio station on Vibhavadi Road, Soi 3, but a group of taxi drivers prevented them. As a result, both sides exchanged blows and threw things at each other until more than 60 policemen arrived to settle the situation.

The radio station is known for supporting the coalition government led by the People Power party (PPP).

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132291

The video was featured on last night's BBC World News Service so the 'Good News' is getting around.

But take this as a warning - The behaviour featured in this news, and in the ongoing situation, is a result of Thais responding to a political mess of their own making 'Yellow Shirts' against 'Red Shirts'. I strongly suspect that the end of this mess will come when someone makes a call to Nationalism.

And nationalism risks Foreigners becoming the center of attention.

The mob has been let out of the box and are learning the can direct society which way they wish. Getting them back in the box is not going to be easy.

Any side involved in any conflict here usually makes a call to Nationalism, or wraps themselves in the flag to some degree. I don't think that this feudalistic (and getting progressively more juvenile) in-fighting will progress towards any attacks on foreigners. At least, I really do hope not.

hrmmm, civil war breeding?

Girl X, I think you put your finger on it. I am the first to say that I hope that I am 100% wrong, but the ongoing and increasingly violent power struggle between two sides unwilling to compromise could lead to a very nasty period in Thai history...