Chomtalay Resort & Island View Residence

stepht

I viewed both sites and would appreciate your informed advice.

Chomtalay resort

Is there any reason why this resort seems so deserted? Most of the homes seem to be empty? Should I be wary of the neighborhood?

Island View Residence

What is the likelihood of this project being completed in 2009 and do you consider it to be good value?

I can comfortably live with the financial unertainty of ownership via a company and or lease but want to avoid investing in either a deserted project and or permanent build site.

• 2 weeks later...

Chomtalay resort

Is there any reason why this resort seems so deserted? Most of the homes seem to be empty? Should I be wary of the neighborhood?

Island View Residence

What is the likelihood of this project being completed in 2009 and do you consider it to be good value?

I can comfortably live with the financial unertainty of ownership via a company and or lease but want to avoid investing in either a deserted project and or permanent build site.

Chomtalay Resort,

I was going to reply earlier but thought that I would wait a little before giving my assesment. I have been renting a Condo here while waiting for my own Condo at La Royale to finish.

I must say that Iam greatly satisfied with the Condo and its Management and as someone said "It is Pattaya's best kept secret". While most of the time there are not too many tenants on site but during this Holiday weekend the place is "jumping".

Chomtalay resort

Island View Residence

I saw a lovely detached beachfront house the other day for only 23.9m Baht. Being right on the beach, it was far better value than anything else I have seen, for example at Island View Residence.

I lived in Chom Talay Resort from 1997 - 2001. Very good living and well constructed. It was one of the very first of it's kind built along the beach and units are mostly owned by Thai 'old' money, the first investors. Over time, Chom Talay became less exceptional with much higher value luxurious available that became the holiday homes of the rich. The 'old money' families do not tend to sell this kind of asset. In my time, most units remained empty year round excepting long weekends and school holidays when family or staff turned up. At the time I could have bought my rental 4 double bedroom, corner unit for 5.5 million Baht. I strongly regret not doing so.