Uk Settlement Visa - Supporting Documents

Can anybody advise as to how many months of financial records are required to support a application at the British Embassy, Bangkok for Settlement in United Kingdom, i.e, bank statements, and in this case invoices.

I have trawled through all the government websites but cannot see where they specify how many months of financial evidence they require.

Thank you in anticipation

Can anybody advise as to how many months of financial records are required to support a application at the British Embassy, Bangkok for Settlement in United Kingdom, i.e, bank statements, and in this case invoices.

I have trawled through all the government websites but cannot see where they specify how many months of financial evidence they require.

I handed in 6 months worth of bank statements and 6 months worth of pay slips.

We put in 3 months worth of each in June this year which was enough to get my wife her settlement visa.

I've actually done it twice on 2 month's wage slips/bank statements, but this was with a very good supporting letter from my boss. Once for a tourist visa and the second for a spouse/settlement visa.

I was lucky that I was returning to an old job and my employers were very happy about it and said so in the supporting letter, also stated that I'd be there long term.

• 2 weeks later...
You need three months of financial statements to apply for a visa, then you have to live in the Uk together for two years before applying for a settlement visa which costs £750, after a further year you can apply for British citizenship

Erm.......

I thought it went like this:

1. Apply for settlement visa, go to UK
  2. After 2 years apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) which costs £750 or possibly more by then.