Export/ship Honda C70 To Sweden

Happinesss

Hello. I bought a 1979 model of Honda C70 about a month ago.

I love it alot and I have decided to give it to my dad on his 60th birthday in June next year.

I bought it for 18.000bhat so I guess I will have to pay 25%(swedish VAT) at the customs.

Can I just go to a Thailand Post office and they help me arrange the shipment?

I know it will take around 3 months for it to arrive by boat to Sweden (if not robbed by pirates :o ).

What company/post office should I use? What will it cost? And will there be any regulations on the thai side?

Happinesss

Hello. I bought a 1979 model of Honda C70 about a month ago.

I love it alot and I have decided to give it to my dad on his 60th birthday in June next year.

I bought it for 18.000bhat so I guess I will have to pay 25%(swedish VAT) at the customs.

Can I just go to a Thailand Post office and they help me arrange the shipment?

I know it will take around 3 months for it to arrive by boat to Sweden (if not robbed by pirates :o ).

What company/post office should I use? What will it cost? And will there be any regulations on the thai side?

Happinesss

Is the model verified for exhaust fumes in Sweden? (typ godkänd)

If not it's going to be very very expensive...

sad045.gif

It may be exempt due to age. I know in the USA bikes imported over 25 years old are considered "vintage" and exempt from emissions (also gets you a break on customs duties). If it is a 1979 model, that should pre-date emissions requirements pretty much world wide. You are barking up the wrong tree in asking about Swedish import regulations on a Thai forum. You should ask the Swedish customs what is required. My general feeling is that it should be alright as it is a vintage model.

In the uk it would be exempt from emissions/sva test,i sent a bike from pattaya, we rode it to a shop ,we took off one wheel and the bars and they crated it, declared it at 10000 baht value, took 6 weeks to the uk ,cost 12000 baht, it was delivered to our door, took it for an mot, went to dvla and got a plate, easy,

So let me show some light on it, first you not have to worry about exhaust emission standards when importing a motorcycle, it could be a problem as you will submit the bike to the department of road safety to get the status to ride the bike legal in the country.

You can check with the country of destination if the bike is on the list of allowed vehicles, as Sweden is not a full European member I cannot guarantee that the bike is granted entrance entry under the classic status. If the bike is tested to current emission standards, wish Sweden also has accepted you will never get license plates.... But are still able to import the motorcycle......